[MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
FtDLulz

Re: [MOD] Descent into Darkness - a major game overhaul

Postby FtDLulz » Tue May 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Once Superluminal is updated (since I'm scared of manual XML ship editing ;P) I might try my hand at making enough rooms for the AE systems (that is, if DryEagle doesn't update).
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Wed May 14, 2014 4:06 am

FtDLulz wrote:Once Superluminal is updated (since I'm scared of manual XML ship editing ;P) I might try my hand at making enough rooms for the AE systems (that is, if DryEagle doesn't update).

Um, you need to ask DryEagle about that. It's considered bad form to update other people's mods unless you officially adopt the mod, which also requires you asking DryEagle.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Wed May 14, 2014 4:45 am

English Narwhal wrote:Um, you need to ask DryEagle about that. It's considered bad form to update other people's mods unless you officially adopt the mod, which also requires you asking DryEagle.

Sent a PM, but he hasn't been on in around a month. I thought it'd be okay if I made it compatible with AE as long as I didn't change anything.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 14, 2014 2:18 pm

I could have sworn I made a response to the problem here.

I checked with moderators earlier and it is okay to do stuff like continuing mods or taking resources if the modder is say, no longer around. quit, left, etc.

But Dry Eagle sticks around some website with others and such, check there maybe? Idk the url sorry.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Got a reply PM, he pretty much said he's done with FTL and is not going to update.
Enclave General

Postby Enclave General » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi this mod looks awesome but how do I install it?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

This mod hasn't been updated to AE, so sadly it won't work :(
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Since it was requested again and the previous link does not seem to cover everything (new systems) I gave updating this a try. I haven't tested if everything works though.
Download Decent Into Darkness for AE

Let me know if you notice anything off. The Athena gained two rooms in order to hold hacking and mind controll and lost one bulkhead in order to make room for the battery room image.

Shoutout to kartoFlane for the sweet "Generate Floor Image" feature of the current superluminal ship editor. Pretty handy.
4DaDiamonds

Postby 4DaDiamonds » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Since it was requested again and the previous link does not seem to cover everything (new systems) I gave updating this a try. I haven't tested if everything works though.
Download Decent Into Darkness for AE

Let me know if you notice anything off. The Athena gained two rooms in order to hold hacking and mind controll and lost one bulkhead in order to make room for the battery room image.

Shoutout to kartoFlane for the sweet "Generate Floor Image" feature of the current superluminal ship editor. Pretty handy.

Hey Sleeper! :D
Thank you for updating this, however I had a (Hopefully) small request for this mod.
Basically, I love the default ships from FTL; this mod replaces all of them which, in itself, isn't too bad as the ship that replaces them is very balanced. I was wondering if you could make an extra file/version of this mod that replaces all of the vanilla ships so that they have their respective default loadouts, minus crew or guns (Providing slight buffs where appropriate *Ahem, Stealth Cruiser*).

Also, one other thing, is this, or can it be compatible with CE? As the mod has basically become an integral part of the game for me, it would be a shame to have to play without it :(

- 4DaDiamonds
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 pm

I have a "little" problem with the mod.
I cant attach the picture for some reason, so Ill just write what the installer says when I try to install it.

"WARN ModPatchThread - Unexpected inner Path: Decent Into Darkness for AE/img/ship/drone/drone_beam_aug_base.png" x100 with diffirent stuff.

What am I supposed to do?