Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

[Ship] Auto-Terminator vAE.1.2

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 pm

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.2 - Replaces Kestrel-A

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-Bash 'em, burn 'em, or asphyxiate 'em.  You don't care how you slaughter them.

Update for AE.1.1:
-Added compatibility for Universal Starting Beacon/Infinite Space (START_GAME_BEACON)
-Chain-loaded starting event so getting your Hunter won't conflict with other mods that use START_BEACON
-(CE) Bounty Hunter Database activated by Human crew, preferably Hunter

Update for AE.1.2:
-Allowed Hacking and Mind Control, so Cloaking isn't the only option
-Added Artillery option, the Void Beam

As I watched Biohazard063 show off his new ship, The Anomaly, I felt compelled to make one of the enemies he fought against. It has been modified to include doors and sensors. It lacks hull-damaging capabilities, so it starts out with good shields and engines. You are a scoundrel, so when you play with Captain's Edition, you get to play dirty like the Slugs and Mantis. It is an auto-ship, so it will repair itself very slowly.

You start out with a human named Hunter with max skills. If you are playing CE, you need a human crew to access the Bounty Hunter Database.

Backup Battery has been removed from the shops. Don't mix this with other ships.

CE not required. CE assets have been copied and renamed, so nothing should get clobbered if you do use it with CE.

Video:
Biohazard063 - vAE.1.2 - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
FTL Captain's Edition by Sleeper Service
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
rannl

Re: [Ship] Auto-Terminator vAE.1

Postby rannl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Nicely done! Too bad you can't include the bounty hunter pilot along with the ship.... It would be interesting having that SOB working for the federation ;)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:53 pm

rannl wrote:Too bad you can't include the bounty hunter pilot

There should be a human there. When starting the game, an option should be there that says, "Clone Hunter..." It should only be available if you have no humans. I suppose I should have mentioned that in the post. :?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I forgot to make that compatible with the Universal Starting Beacon, which I put in the AE update of Infinite Space. :| (While making this edit, I went and fixed that on my end, but I feel too lazy to upload it. Perhaps this won't be compatible with IS unless someone bothers to ask for it.)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm

I like it. :D IMO this ship totally needs to start with the Bounty Hunter Database augment (instead of pheromones maybe?), so that you actually can go marks and go hunting. Adding this CE augment won't cause compatibility issues I think. If you play it without CE the game simply won't find the augment ID, which causes it to leave the slot empty.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Auto-Terminator vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Updated to AE.1.1

I tested the AE_BOUNTYHUNTER augment in vanilla, and it caused an empty slot that you can't use. Perhaps an augment reward would let you swap out the empty slot, but you couldn't sell it off at a store. I didn't like it, so I didn't add the augment. I went a different route and created a blueprintList named "AE_BOUNTYHUNTER" and put "human" on it. CE users will now have access to the Bounty Hunter Database as long as they have human crew.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Sweet, thats a brilliant solution! You don't have to keep an aug slot occupied this way. 8-)
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Auto-Terminator vAE.1.2

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Updated to AE.1.2

When I originally made this, I made Cloaking the only system you could buy, since that is what it has when it is an enemy. I've decided to allow alternatives now, so you can get Hacking, Mind Control, or Artillery instead.

As for the artillery, I made a custom weapon, the Void Beam. There are no weapon graphics for it; it just shoots out from the middle of the ship.
The Void Beam pierces normal shields, knocks out systems with three system damage, empties the mind of anybody it hits (30 sec stun), and has a guaranteed breach for every tile it hits. If someone is hit by this, it is very likely they will asphyxiate if nobody helps them. I have seen a Rock barely survive.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:29 pm

RAD-82 wrote:Updated to AE.1.1

I tested the AE_BOUNTYHUNTER augment in vanilla, and it caused an empty slot that you can't use. Perhaps an augment reward would let you swap out the empty slot, but you couldn't sell it off at a store. I didn't like it, so I didn't add the augment. I went a different route and created a blueprintList named "AE_BOUNTYHUNTER" and put "human" on it. CE users will now have access to the Bounty Hunter Database as long as they have human crew.

I have no knowledge on the event and blueprints list of FTL yet. Just lose ideas.

Can you tell me what exactly happened here that's so amazing? I am going to soon do events and so I really need to have a single clue what to do.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:54 pm

@Rave
Basically, event choices in FTL have a requirement field ('req' attribute), which allows you to specify what is needed in order to allow the player to select the option. This allows you to check whether the player has a specific weapon/drone/augment/system/race(/something else?), but does not work for shipBlueprints.

The usual way to make ship-specific stuff is to give the ship a custom starting augment, and then check for that augment in events. However, since this didn't work so well this time (apparently due to a bug), RAD basically made the event check for req="human" in a somewhat roundabout way: he put <name>human</name> inside a blueprintList that shares the blueprint name with the augment he wanted, which, as far as I understand, would trigger the requirement whenever the player had either the augment, or a human crew member.

Which makes me wonder... What would happen if you put player ship blueprint(s) inside a blueprintList, and have an event choice require the list? Would it cause it to only trigger for the ship(s) placed in the list?
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:59 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Which makes me wonder... What would happen if you put player ship blueprint(s) inside a blueprintList, and have an event choice require the list? Would it cause it to only trigger for the ship(s) placed in the list?

I used a similar concept in order to enable multiple artillery weapons for fed ships to be recognized by CE's special events :
I built a blueprintList holding the names of all the fed arti weapons, with the blueprintList name being the requirement of the event choices specific to fed ships (CE's solution for fed ship events).
Originally, the event choice require value was the name of CE's fed arti weapon. I used that name as the name of the arti weapon blueprintList and got the desired effect.