[Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.3.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
thereaverofdarkness

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.2

Postby thereaverofdarkness » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:57 pm

That Kruos pic in the OP is the best though.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:17 pm

@thereaverofdarkness : Thanks, mate. The Lanius ships turned out rather nicely, I think.

@Russian Rockman : Didn't know you thought of the Flagship Randomizer originally :) Well done. I'm with you about those events, but I'll Sleepy's help.

As for the arti rooms for the CE builds : got a working kestral with arti rooms for the CE build.
Only problem is the fact that I'm using a rather puny customized interior image for the arti room :

I canibalized the original artillery room image in order to get an image which will not block possible doors above, to the right or to the left of the image. If this is not a major concern, or if there are any other possible images by someone with some better graphical abilities then me, then the rest of the ships could also get the arti rooms in the next few days.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:26 pm

rannl wrote:@thereaverofdarkness : Thanks, mate. The Lanius ships turned out rather nicely, I think.

@Russian Rockman : Didn't know you thought of the Flagship Randomizer originally :) Well done. I'm with you about those events, but I'll Sleepy's help.

As for the arti rooms for the CE builds : got a working kestral with arti rooms for the CE build.
Only problem is the fact that I'm using a rather puny customized interior image for the arti room :

I canibalized the original artillery room image in order to get an image which will not block possible doors above, to the right or to the left of the image. If this is not a major concern, or if there are any other possible images by someone with some better graphical abilities then me, then the rest of the ships could also get the arti rooms in the next few days.

I'm glad you agree about the Flagship events, but I was joking that you could make all of the other events in the game more random. :lol: Please don't attempt that unless you have some grand idea I can't comprehend. That seems like it would be so much work! :shock: However, on the subject of events, you said once that you might be able to write a program that would make event modding easier. That seems like it would also be a ton of work, but whatever you want to do... If you were able to accomplish that it would also be awesome, but you've already done so much for modding already.

Anyway, as for the artillery images here is a link the ones I made when I was working on Open Artillery, maybe you will find them useful. They were colored because I was meaning to have different colors depending on the type of artillery, (fire would be red, ion would be blue, etc.) but since you are going to probably randomly assign artillery to a ship you may just want to use the non-colored ones, which you could find in the templates folder. You can figure it out I'm sure. (Note: Apparently I was not quite thinking straight when I was naming the the room images so 1x2 could be the same as 2x1. :oops: :P )
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1smtrpig5dwcrdc/Open%20Artillery%20Interiors.zip?dl=0
PatchworkAndCo

Postby PatchworkAndCo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

This is a stunningly good mod, well done! :) One question though: is there any way to re-randomise the assortment of ships so I have an entirely new set of ships? Thanks!
rannl

Postby rannl » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:55 pm

PatchworkAndCo wrote:This is a stunningly good mod, well done! :) One question though: is there any way to re-randomise the assortment of ships so I have an entirely new set of ships? Thanks!

Thanks buddy. Every time you run the tool, a new set of ships is randomly generated and stored in the output .ftl file.
Rerun the tool and you'll get a new set of ships.
Enjoy!
PatchworkAndCo

Postby PatchworkAndCo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:41 pm

rannl wrote:
PatchworkAndCo wrote:This is a stunningly good mod, well done! :) One question though: is there any way to re-randomise the assortment of ships so I have an entirely new set of ships? Thanks!

Thanks buddy. Every time you run the tool, a new set of ships is randomly generated and stored in the output .ftl file.
Rerun the tool and you'll get a new set of ships.
Enjoy!

Thanks rannl, that seemed to work this time! :-D I tried that previously and it didn't work, but this time I removed the .ftl file from the slipstream mod manager then pasted it back in and it worked. Thanks for replying quickly, and thanks for making such an amazing mod. :-)
sign1000

Postby sign1000 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 am

You know, Rannl, if you wanted to sink more hours into your already-awesome mod, you could always make it possible to add artillery to some of the layouts you have :D
Only if you want, though; otherwise, I literally can't think of anything else beyond being able to randomize the layouts in-game.
rannl

Postby rannl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:07 am

@PatchworkAndCo : thanks, mate. Happy to hear you enjoy the mod. Any comments you might have are more then welcome, and help make this mod even better.

@sign1000 : I'm currently working on integrating CE's arti systems into all the ship layouts. Happy to hear you like the mod!
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi all,

Don't know who I have to yell at (or thank :D ) for this one, but I'm pretty sure this thing is not supposed to be classified as a weapon.
Don't know if it's something that went wrong with CE or with the Randtrell mod so... I'm posting it in both.
It promises to be a pretty fun run though, enjoying it while it lasts.

Grtz,
Biohazard063
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
rannl

Re: [Ship Randomizer] The Randtrel v1.1.3

Postby rannl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Biohazard063 wrote:Hi all,

Don't know who I have to yell at (or thank :D ) for this one, but I'm pretty sure this thing is not supposed to be classified as a weapon.
Don't know if it's something that went wrong with CE or with the Randtrell mod so... I'm posting it in both.
It promises to be a pretty fun run though, enjoying it while it lasts.

Grtz,
Biohazard063

This bug is a result of having non 0 rarity values for some of the Randtrel fed arti weapons.
This will be fixed soon.

EDIT : released version 1.1.3, fixed.