Zoltan Cruiser Unlock event is still bugged ?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
r543

Zoltan Cruiser Unlock event is still bugged ?

Postby r543 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I know that this event was broken some time ago(when you only got the special crew member or shields but didn't unlock the cruiser), but it looks like the second option of getting a Zoltan Shield doesn't work anymore.
I've had this event at least 20 times(all runs were after the AE update patch) and never got the Zoltan Supershield Augmentation, only the full leveled crew member.

Was this event removed/does it not appear because of some unknown reason or is that only my RNG ?
Ray Robertson

Re: Zoltan Cruiser Unlock event is still bugged ?

Postby Ray Robertson » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:47 pm

Sometimes you get the Zoltan Shield Augment and sometimes you get the fully skilled Zoltan named Envoy. It was probably just your RNG.
r543

Postby r543 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 am

I've done some testing on this event(by save+exit when I got the event and then making a copy of continue.saw. This was only used for testing). Never got the Zoltan Shield.

I know that it was possible before that when AE first launched but is it still possible in version 1.5.13 ? Or was that event removed ?
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:44 pm

I got Envoy the first 3 times and was surprised to get the Zoltan Shield in one run. It was the Engi C on hard. First Hard Mode i ever won.
r543

Postby r543 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 pm

SelphieSelfie wrote:I got Envoy the first 3 times and was surprised to get the Zoltan Shield in one run. It was the Engi C on hard. First Hard Mode i ever won.

When was this run ? Back when AE launched or some weeks ago ? It looks like the shield event is way rarer than getting the crew member.
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:55 pm

r543 wrote:When was this run ? Back when AE launched or some weeks ago ? It looks like the shield event is way rarer than getting the crew member.

3 days ago. If I remember correctly, I already had 8 crew members when I got the shield so it might be set to get the shield if Envoy can't join?
I have the screenshot of the victory in the "unusual/ridiculous fights" thread but not of the shield augment unfortunately.
Ray Robertson

Postby Ray Robertson » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 am

Ray Robertson wrote:Sometimes you get the Zoltan Shield Augment and sometimes you get the fully skilled Zoltan named Envoy.

From my experience I'd say it is probably a coin flip.
r543

Postby r543 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:46 pm

SelphieSelfie wrote:
r543 wrote:When was this run ? Back when AE launched or some weeks ago ? It looks like the shield event is way rarer than getting the crew member.

3 days ago. If I remember correctly, I already had 8 crew members when I got the shield so it might be set to get the shield if Envoy can't join?
I have the screenshot of the victory in the "unusual/ridiculous fights" thread but not of the shield augment unfortunately.

I had 8 crew once too, still got Envoy. Some people said that it doesn't give you the shield because you have 3 augmentations but I got the crew member when I had none so it's probably RNG.

Any game data about the event or more information would be nice. I want to know how rare it really is.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm

It's a 50% chance. A coin flip, like Ray Robertson says.

Code: Select all

<eventList name="ZOLTAN_PEACE_QUEST_REWARD"><!--DLC2 DLC3-->
   <event>
      <text>"Although your methods are crude and most certainly ineffective, it is clear you took our previous meeting to heart. If your ship represents the Federation's willingness to adapt we shall do what we can to aid in their fight. This technology should aid your quest."</text>
      <unlockShip id="7">A Zoltan cruiser has been unlocked and added to the hangar!</unlockShip>
      <autoReward level="LOW">scrap_only</autoReward>
      <augment name="ENERGY_SHIELD"/>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>"Although your methods are crude and most certainly ineffective, it is clear you took our previous meeting to heart. If your ship represents the Federation's willingness to adapt we shall do what we can to aid in their fight. I will personally assist."</text>
      <autoReward level="HIGH">standard</autoReward>
      <unlockShip id="7">A Zoltan cruiser has been unlocked and added to the hangar!</unlockShip>
      <crewMember amount="1" class="energy" all_skills="2">Envoy</crewMember>
   </event>
</eventList>

r543 wrote:I've done some testing on this event(by save+exit when I got the event and then making a copy of continue.saw. This was only used for testing). Never got the Zoltan Shield.

The outcome of events are all determined when the sector was created, so all you were doing was replaying the same coin flip, not getting a new coin flip.