[Ship/Conversion] Faster Than Christmas!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [Ship/Conversion] Faster Than Christmas!

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 am

Sure, why not? I'm thinking of working on another Christmas ship with another unique twist.

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26668

It's a basic concept for the moment and the hull might change. I was thinking of Santa's Flagship (Red and green Flagship with a snowflake or a Santa hat instead of an Eagle in the middle)
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:07 am

If having CE adds more themed stuff to it, I'll put it in as well.
And I'll use the mods "flaghsip" to do it with then.
As far as multiple runs go... It will probably depend on how much of an overhaul it is, if I got through the entire run with only encountering 2-3 special things, I'll probably keep it at that. If it's more, then it will probably warrant a second playthrough (if the schedule allows it, other requests haven't been made..) so hope that the RNG has your back :lol: .
Little under two weeks remaining until showtime ;) (well, recording time, but you know....)
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Awhhmaan did I misspell Flagship somewhere?
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 pm

Arrrggghhh two bugs right off the bat.
Lovely.
Both patched, will update the link soon.
(turns out I had <event> tages around an <event load> *facepalm*)

*Continues watching video*

[edit]

Arrrrgghh *changes gift discriptions* *wonders why I'm doing this to myself*

[edit]

Quick-patched a v004.
Also, thankyou for the video! Glad you liked the artillery =D *continues watching*
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:43 am

Gencool wrote:Arrrggghhh two bugs right off the bat.
Lovely.
Both patched, will update the link soon.
(turns out I had <event> tages around an <event load> *facepalm*)

*Continues watching video*

[edit]

Arrrrgghh *changes gift discriptions* *wonders why I'm doing this to myself*

[edit]

Quick-patched a v004.
Also, thankyou for the video! Glad you liked the artillery =D *continues watching*

Don't worry also I notice that the artfillery sometimes does nothing, might want to make the percent chance of at least fire or blowing holes in much higher, just to compensate for the random nature including missing
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:04 am

So, I've upped the artillery a bit, and also given it 1 point of ion damage per shot - makes it a lot more powerful, but it also means it's not completely useless against Autoships (if only we had more random chance attributes! MY KINGDOM FOR MOD SUPPORT)
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:40 am

Gencool wrote:So, I've upped the artillery a bit, and also given it 1 point of ion damage per shot - makes it a lot more powerful, but it also means it's not completely useless against Autoships (if only we had more random chance attributes! MY KINGDOM FOR MOD SUPPORT)

LOL thanks, BTW one more thing...with this new version can I use that other Christmas ship cause I like these sprites, or do I need to use an old version of this mod to use it
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:56 am

If you mean is the Tinstrel in the pack, I've left it out for now:- but you can still use this mod with Tinstrel and any other ships you want;

The new mod's designed to be as compatible as possible:- all events handled through crew rather than ship/equipment.
Just put the replacement ship after FTXmas in the load order (the Tinstrel uses the same ship slot as Sleigher)

(((Also, just watched the miracle survival bit again- amazing. I had a job trying not to pass out when you didn't pick up the free 50 scrap gift in the first shop, but that's why I've changed the descriptions now)))
ImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:56 am

Gencool wrote:If you mean is the Tinstrel in the pack, I've left it out for now:- but you can still use this mod with Tinstrel and any other ships you want;

The new mod's designed to be as compatible as possible:- all events handled through crew rather than ship/equipment.
Just put the replacement ship after FTXmas in the load order (the Tinstrel uses the same ship slot as Sleigher)

(((Also, just watched the miracle survival bit again- amazing. I had a job trying not to pass out when you didn't pick up the free 50 scrap gift in the first shop, but that's why I've changed the descriptions now)))

Oh see I didn't know how the presents worked, it confused me