[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
DarkPhoenix141

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:00 am

(I'm also gonna continue this for a bit, so this can actually kick-start)

Romero sighed and stood up, he put his head in his hands briefly, contemplating what happened and where things went so wrong. He pulled out his rifle and lowered it to his head, a nervous shiver in his fingers and arms.

He tried to pull the trigger, pushing down lightly before closing his eyes and pressing down, pulling the trigger.

Click.

A bead of sweat ran down his face as he opened his eyes.

Alive and well, still a murderer, still... whatever he was.

A demon?

A monster?

Or... just a soldier...

He stuck with the first too, being a soldier meant being both demon and monster, and a manifestation of worthless death and the worthlessness of your own and lives of the so called "enemies" you butchered everyday.

He walked into the cargo hold, somehow he couldn't care less about his own life, he just wanted to go home.

If that meant protecting whatever was aboard the ship, that was it.

He stood with a new found confidence. Still nervous and anti-social, he was notorious within the Federation for it, but that was subsided to a coldness. Something that a lot of people found somewhat.. scary.

He earned his nickname among what was left of his squad: Frost.

He carried on pacing about the cargo hold, paying little attention to the spikey bird alien sharpening it's claws with an opinion of him Romero could not yet identify, and he was good at reading expressions.

So he paced, he paced until something caught his eye, namely the crate of scrap be brought in that was larger then the rest. He walked over to it and pulled a side off, a few loose bolts had left it removable with his gloved hands.

Inside was a large gun, a machine gun with an under-barrel fire bomb launcher, capable of launching mini thermobaric bombs like grenades. It also came with a stand.

Romero could barely contain his excitement as he pulled the gun to the edge of the ship's left wing and placed it near the door, stand and all, before walking back to his small corner near the right side wing.

He paid little attention to anything passing him, be it the chronic hallucinations of Walker or something else, or an actual crew member. He had stopped trying to figure out which was what a long time ago.

He soon heard the ship screech to a halt, they were at the base they heard so much about.

Time to get messy.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 am

To be honest, I no longer want to take part in this RP. I had high hopes of it being some good FTL fun, with quirky characters who fight for the good and just Federation, but instead all I got was Spec Ops: The Line IN SPAAAAAACCCCEEE!

Sorry Darkphoenix. Your (or your character's) impression of the Federation really grates against my headcanon of the Galactic Federation being good and just (sort of like Star Trek's Federation, complete with bureaucratic nightmares of different aliens and their laws clashing and the whole Prime Directive crap) while the Rebels are evil, Human-supremacist tyrants (like the Romulans I guess. I haven't actually watched much Star Trek)

I just can't see it working out for the both of us as we're going to be at each other's throats or I am going to be. So yeah, I'm doing a very calm ragequit. Have fun :)

--------------

Translator said in a voice that wasn't his "I must go. My fleet needs me!" before jumping out of the ship and flying away on a jetpack.

Translator died on the way back to his home fleet
engi

Postby engi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:55 pm

stylesrj wrote:To be honest, I no longer want to take part in this RP. I had high hopes of it being some good FTL fun, with quirky characters who fight for the good and just Federation, but instead all I got was Spec Ops: The Line IN SPAAAAAACCCCEEE!

Sorry Darkphoenix. Your (or your character's) impression of the Federation really grates against my headcanon of the Galactic Federation being good and just (sort of like Star Trek's Federation, complete with bureaucratic nightmares of different aliens and their laws clashing and the whole Prime Directive crap) while the Rebels are evil, Human-supremacist tyrants (like the Romulans I guess. I haven't actually watched much Star Trek)

I just can't see it working out for the both of us as we're going to be at each other's throats or I am going to be. So yeah, I'm doing a very calm ragequit. Have fun :)

--------------

Translator said in a voice that wasn't his "I must go. My fleet needs me!" before jumping out of the ship and flying away on a jetpack.

Translator died on the way back to his home fleet

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRR SPAM SPAM'S SAKE
Zoltan

Postby Zoltan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Name:10101
Race:engi
Looks:Short compared to an average engi.
Personality:Calm,shy.
History:When the engi first tried the clone bay,the had an error and the cloning failed,however,a human scientist somehow managed to salvage the half cloned body.As he is considered a failure,they called him 10101.
Profession:Helps with repairs and communications with other engi.
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:22 pm

Name:Devon Winter(uses his last name as a nickname)
RaceHuman/lanius
Looks:a pale white man with a black and white trench coat,a blue flat cap with the federation symbol on it And has a silver cane that he can morph along with one red and one blue eye
Personally: observant and patient
History: he was a human that was in the queue in the clone bay but when a ion bomb blew up in that room his body was fused with the lanius in the queue before him. After that he was (and is) working as a merc but word has it that he was captured and was a slave
(^ can be on the ship via hiring or free from slavers)
Profession: Boarder/anti-personal and if not fighting tinkering with the O2 system
-new to this as well and I can't post as often but I will try my best- :)
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:34 pm

Zoltan wrote:Name:10101

P.S failure in binary is 01000110 01100001 01101001 01101100 01110101 01110010 01100101 but good choice sticking with the short version
I've grown Scales since I left. But now I'm soaring again. Off to save the Federation and have fun!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:13 am

I think this RP is dead. There were a couple conflicts of interest between me and Phoenix and then nothing much happened after that.

Honestly, I didn't like where it was going. It's hard to work with a PTSD soldier when you and your character is an idealist.

Also, a Lanius/Human hybrid. I'd say "That's high incompatible considering the fact one is anaerobic and the other is aerobic and the different biologies, perhaps even on a cellular level"

But I'm the guy who wrote a story where at the end a Zoltan and a Human have a child, so I'm a hypocrite :lol:
dark33hawk

Postby dark33hawk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:11 am

...yeah i can see that this is dead...it was just a waste to see so many pages and work wasted. on another note the hybrid would be a compromise. the person would get some but not all(in this winter gets the human shape and personality and the ability to morph metal and the white color of the lanius). and if i can get the darn PM working i would send you my idea(i was thinking of posting it here,what would you think?).