W-Class Fighter {ALPHA)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TMDstudio

W-Class Fighter {ALPHA)

Postby TMDstudio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:01 am

Notice: This is my first modded ship, and no, I am not an FTL ship artist, I'll give the link to the image I used.
Notice No. 2: I can't fix the bugs because something caused the ship editor to permanently bug the ship, so if anyone knows how to fix this, please comment below. Until then, I Cannot fix the bugs. :cry:

---===---

In-Game image:
http://i.imgur.com/cdeHhwS.png

Lore behind the ship:
In desperate actions of the Rebellion, the W-class fighter was born, installed with advanced Shield charging and FTL Jamming, helping the Rebellion fleet hold off until their Crown Jewel was completed. Now that they are decommissioned from the Rebel Fleet, Federation spies have managed to "Borrow" one without notice.

Crew:
1 Human
1 Engi

Weapons:
Dual Laser
Dual Laser
(Max weapons: 4)

Drones:
Not Installed, Don't try. You'll waste your scrap.

Installed Systems:
L1 weapons
L1 O2
L1 Engines
L2 Shields (1 shield)

Installed Subsystems:
L2 Piloting

Possible Systems/Subsystems:
Doors
Sensors
Medbay
Hacking
Mind Control
Cloaking (BROKEN)

Augments:
FTL Jammer
Shield Charge Booster
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2sdmo ... ighter.ftl

Known bugs:
1. No image in hangar ship list, I am currently working on that
2. Sometimes (Über Rare) does not spawn with crew (Happened to me once while testing :? )
3. Cloaking doesn't work for Some odd reason (DO NOT BUY CLOAKING UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE SCRAP :cry: )
4. No gibs (Not a bug, I just can't get them to work properly. Will fix as soon as I get them to work.)

Remember earlier when I told you I was going to give you the ship design link? here it is.
http://jaredbuckleyapps.wordpress.com/tag/3d/
Last edited by TMDstudio on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
As long as it's explodable, you got it.
stylesrj

Re: W-Class Fighter {ALPHA)

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 am

Looks like a good ship, but why are Drones and Cloaking both broken? Did you assign them a room or were they stacked over another one?

Also, you have 1-tile rooms. Some people will complain about the 1-tile rooms "Oh no! They don't tell you they're depleted of air! Not lore-friendly at all!" but I don't care much about that. But just letting you know before people start complaining about it.
Last edited by stylesrj on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMDstudio

Postby TMDstudio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:52 am

stylesrj wrote:Did you check to make sure everything had a room assigned to it? Because surely everything can't be broken.

Of course people will complain about the 1-tile rooms "Oh no! They don't tell you they're depleted of air! Not lore-friendly at all!"

Now looking back, the Drone bay was not designed into the ship, the the Cloaking sure was!
I am not sure why the cloaking doesn't work ,I have the sprite.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:54 am

Now looking back, the Drone bay was not designed into the ship, the the Cloaking sure was!

Did you provide a room for the Cloaking device? The sprite isn't enough, Cloaking is a room itself.
TMDstudio

Postby TMDstudio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:58 am

stylesrj wrote:

Did you provide a room for the Cloaking device? The sprite isn't enough, Cloaking is a room itself.

I added in a room for it, unless I'm absolute crazy. Here's the schematics for the ship:
http://i.imgur.com/kUoiZte.png
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:02 am

I see. I don't know what the problem is then. Someone else might point out the obvious for us.
TMDstudio

Postby TMDstudio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 am

stylesrj wrote:I see. I don't know what the problem is then. Someone else might point out the obvious for us.

Alright.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269