Disappearing store?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
recumbentrider

Disappearing store?

Postby recumbentrider » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:32 am

I had something happen in a game, and I am wondering if it is a bug. I had the event in which I was asked to rescue a space dock/store. I reached the quest beacon, defeated the enemy ship (by killing the crew), my hull was partially repaired, and a store opened. I looked at what the store had to offer, but before I could buy anything at the store, something in the 'real world' came up, and I had to leave the game. I quit and saved the game, but when I came back to resume the game, the store was gone! Everything else in the game was as I had left it. Has anyone else had this happen? Is this supposed to happen? I always thought that if I saved a game, it would continue with the same conditions that I had when I left the game. I fully expected the store to be there when I came back.
SelphieSelfie

Re: Disappearing store?

Postby SelphieSelfie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:59 am

I don't think it's a bug. Encountered a few of those myself.
You can only make your purchase after rescuing the store
recumbentrider

Postby recumbentrider » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:44 am

SelphieSelfie wrote:I don't think it's a bug. Encountered a few of those myself.
You can only make your purchase after rescuing the store

Thank you for this information, Selfie. I have no idea why I never noticed this before; I suppose I just haven't run into this event very many times.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 am

Sounds a bit like this bug.