[SHIP] The Tardis (currently not working - v03 in dev)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
agigabyte

Re: [SHIP] The Tardis (beta v002)

Postby agigabyte » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Please upload new pics of the hangar and weap/Aug stats.
Gencool

Re: [SHIP] The Tardis (beta v002)

Postby Gencool » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02 pm

Therego dude,
The Weapons arn't available in the Hanger, but you get them as part of your first message.
I was think I'd avoid spoilers, but I can understand that people want to know what they're getting.

Also, yeah, the Regen Aura means you can re-spawn the Doc if he dies (but you have to get to the next sector to do so)
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Mad Space Guy

Re: [SHIP] The Tardis (beta v002 - now with stats sheet)

Postby Mad Space Guy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 am

I have a quick question, simple one, Does this mod work in the Advanced Edition?
I tried installing it but i think i did it wrong (I don't really know if it is probable with SMM but stuff happens).
Thanks in advance.
MSG
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:40 am

Sorry, it was built about a week before AE, so isn't designed to work with it. It *should* still work in 'vanilla' mode, though you'll want to make sure you're not using Universal Starting Beacon.

I am planning to re-release it soon, though, re-worked for the new systems, etc, so maybe in a week or two?
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
Mad Space Guy

Postby Mad Space Guy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Sorry, it was built about a week before AE, so isn't designed to work with it. It *should* still work in 'vanilla' mode, though you'll want to make sure you're not using Universal Starting Beacon.

Thanks for the answer, and i have to tell you, i Installed it and it works in AE, it just "crashes" (the game's music is heard, but everithing else does not work) every time i select the ship (only mod installed).
Hope it is easy to rewrite it to AE and that new awesome features come in the next update.

MSG
JJZCRUZ826

Postby JJZCRUZ826 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:54 pm

How soon do you think you can make the AE version? I was really happy with this mod up until I realized it doesn't work at all with the AE version. It won't even show the ship in the list.
zeebow2

Postby zeebow2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I cant get it to work I run the mod and patched it and i run the game nothing

V1 and V2 dont work
zeebow2

I can't get the mods to work

Postby zeebow2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I ran the modman i patch the mods and i go to run the game and nothing
zeebow2

Re: I can't get the mods to work

Postby zeebow2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:45 pm

The Tardis mod doesn't but other mods do
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:57 pm

As promised, some feedback.

Been awhile since the episodes featured on the channel, but I still remember a lot of the run.
How could I not when it features a ship from my favorite TV show.

So yeah, the screwdriver thing, bit of a problem when wearing headsets. :mrgreen:
As a weapon it's fine as is I would say. Does make some weird stuff happen if you no longer have it as an active weapon.
For the Cyber laser : If it still does what it did when I used it, you could go with something simple as "does double damage against systems or something".
If there is indeed enough change to make it stand out from the version I used, I'd be happy to feature it again.

Now on to my proper feedback:
Somethings I would love to see/hear is more custom sounds, you got a pretty big pool to draw from I'd say. For starters, I'd definitely "put the handbrake back on". You are kind of obliged to do that if you want the proper tardis. Another thing that pops to mind is use the sound the ship makes when there's problems rather then just the default alarm. Thinking about this sound :
http://youtu.be/3OnK-8OLDw8?t=6m7s
Starts on 6:07 in case the link doesn't work properly, the one titled Cloister bell.
Can't say if there would be anything more fitting. Even though I recently watched season 8...
And yes, I went through the whole thing just to find it... Probably should loop it once or twice.
The video has pretty much every sound you could think of, so you might get some ideas of your own.

Next: I find it quite intriguing how you actually managed to make it "bigger on the inside". As in it being only 1 tile whilst jumping. Same thing with all man-able stations at the center console. I loved it, it's attention to that kind of detail that makes it a great mod.

Depending on the work you're still willing to put in, you could try your hand on some custom events. Possibilities are probably endless on that front. But you could make a few and have them trigger at the start of a new sector with the screwdriver or maybe even better the regen aura as a blue option to start it rather than just using it to get more scrap in. Got into modding myself a bit and I know what a pain it can be to muck around in those .xml files...

Other than that, not much more the say. Be happy to give it another go, be happy to feature it again.
Great work.

Grtz,
Biohazard063
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.