ADVANCED WEAPONS AND SHIELDS IS NOT BEING DEVELOPED ANYMORE!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
nataryeahbuddy

Re: ADVANCED WEAPONS AND SHIELDS IS NOT BEING DEVELOPED ANYM

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Shark! I think I see where you are going...
Just like the asteroid storm, there's going to be a zerg rush bug for crews etc...??? :shock:
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Maccasey66

Postby Maccasey66 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:12 pm

soo i downloaded it but it came as a folder not as a .ftl what do i do :?:
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Guys, this mod is not working anymore, don't download and install it.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 am

How does someone see the title and go "Hmmm, not being developed anymore? Must mean it's complete! Gotta download!"

Especially if they had to go through several pages to get to a year-old topic... then once they finally install/download it, they realise "It's not working!" and go and complain about it to the year-old topic, bumping it up and frustrating everyone who wanted it to remain buried because honestly, mods from a year ago will not be updated unless the OP says as much.

It's like that Big Bang Cruiser. "It doesn't work!" Well no doubt since it was made before April 2014.

I think there should be a lock on inactive threads made before April 2014. Just to prevent necromancy of non-functional mods where the owner is long-gone.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 am

stylesrj wrote:
I think there should be a lock on inactive threads made before April 2014. Just to prevent necromancy of non-functional mods where the owner is long-gone.

Personally, I disagree. There's too much vagueness in the definition of "inactive", and there's a handful of old inactive mods that get bumped and then spur a revival of interest/a revamp. DryEagle's stuff comes to mind, as does Gencool's crew sprites.

But I'd also like a lock on the big bang cruiser. Ugh, seriously.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:33 am

If not the Big Bang Cruiser, something else from pre-AE will be necro'd. Hence why it shouldn't be just that. If the old item should be revamped, perhaps someone should ask the owner if they're still around to revamp it.

Basically if the last post is before April 2014, the thread should be locked. Not too hard to define as inactive there.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 am

stylesrj wrote:

If not the Big Bang Cruiser, something else from pre-AE will be necro'd. Hence why it shouldn't be just that. If the old item should be revamped, perhaps someone should ask the owner if they're still around to revamp it.

Basically if the last post is before April 2014, the thread should be locked. Not too hard to define as inactive there.

Honestly, you're probably not wrong. The two main reasons a topic like this gets bumped:
-Someone (tries) to download it, then complains the download is either nonfunctional, or the mod is.
-Spammers digging through the back of the forum in the hopes I won't see them (I see EVERYTHING! ...eventually.)

The problem is, combing all those ancient threads needs to be done manually, and as you've seen, I barely keep up with the current mess these days. I just don't have the time or the motivation for that kind of digital archeology.