FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
H.G.Scout

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.264/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264

Postby H.G.Scout » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 am

oh boy, just when XCOM: Long War has been riddling me enough, I felt I needed a change. when I returned here, I found out that the Infinite Loot addon problems are done. oh boy, time to have some new fun! :D
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.264/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:On another note, I have accepted the change to the mind shield and firewall plating augments, but you should probably change some of the flavor text from those augments.

Ah, good point. I overlooked that. I also noticed that stealth C still starts with Mind Shielding (which technically does not longer exist). :?

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, would reducing the enemy's hacking and mind control by 2 instead of 3 still cause a crash? I'm just asking because I would like to know what the problem is since I never got to do any testing on that myself.

The system being at zero seemed to cause crashes when mind control is targeted with the final shot. I did not test this, but I think that reducing the system by two (essentially bringing it to zero unless the system has three bars) would still cause that crash. But feel free to test this.

Russian Rockman wrote:I just got to listen to use the new Additional Music addon and it is truly awesome. When Electric Mountain kicks in it is epic!!! Did you have to remix any of those tracks yourself? Anyway, thanks for adding Ben's tracks into the mix as soon as he gave you the go ahead. Do you plan on adding any more of his tracks?

Corruption could be a Slug or Nebula track perhaps?
Percussion in 6/8 would be good for Mantis (as I see it) although it apparently matches the new Slug track in the AE soundtrack.
Dismantled and Impulse are also really cool.
I'd use the whole thing if I could find a way to fit it in. :D

The thing is that few of the tracks match in length and progression to form a BATTLE/EXPLORE pair. Also most of the tracks sound very civlian like, while we could rather use some more battle tracks. I already made a compromise by making My Mind is Glowing a BATTLE only track, similar to the last stand music (seemed fitting for the Fed sector)

Russian Rockman wrote:Anyway, do you plan to include the Horror and Federation Bonus tracks into the CE Additional Music Addon? It doesn't sound like Ben would mind.

Then again the FTL soundtrack is a commercially released album (Chromatic T-Rex is not) so the legal situation does not really allow this anyway.

CE Update 1.264b
- Fixed misleading event texts when using Advanced Plating
- Fixed Stealth C augments

CE Endless Loot 1.264b for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.264b for CE Infinite
- Fixed Stealth C augments
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.264b/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264b

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Anyway, do you plan to include the Horror and Federation Bonus tracks into the CE Additional Music Addon? It doesn't sound like Ben would mind.

Then again the FTL soundtrack is a commercially released album (Chromatic T-Rex is not) so the legal situation does not really allow this anyway.

Ah good point, :roll: I forgot that Chromatic Trex wasn't a commercially released album. But there's nothing stoping me from integrating those tracks for myself. :)
jtlcr777

Postby jtlcr777 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:00 am

I can't get the gun textures to work, they are all invisible. I have the texture pack (FTL Captain's Edition 1.264b) ABOVE FTL Captain's Edition 1.264 on SMM 1.6, and those are the only mods I have. Help please?
jabberjockey

Postby jabberjockey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:41 am

jtlcr777 wrote:I can't get the gun textures to work, they are all invisible. I have the texture pack (FTL Captain's Edition 1.264b) ABOVE FTL Captain's Edition 1.264 on SMM 1.6, and those are the only mods I have. Help please?

I have some the same problem. For some reason the mod author has listed 1.264b as 1.264 and the CE Resource Pack as 1.264b.

:lol:
Dandycarrot

Postby Dandycarrot » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:26 pm

jtlcr777 wrote:I can't get the gun textures to work, they are all invisible. I have the texture pack (FTL Captain's Edition 1.264b) ABOVE FTL Captain's Edition 1.264 on SMM 1.6, and those are the only mods I have. Help please?

]
From what I can tell the link for downloading the resource pack is actually forwarding to the download for the 1.264b download of the core and dose not in fact lead to the correct download. This is why we need links to older builds left active so if the new build is broken at least those of us who are downloading fresh with no old versions on file can use the mod. until the links are updated you will not be able to use the mod with textures.
ketiw2

Postby ketiw2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:58 pm

The links has changed. It's forwarding poor souls to b version of build and not Resource Pack
ketiw2

Postby ketiw2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Can you upload the CE? i think i would help a lot of people today including me

Dandycarrot wrote:

]
From what I can tell the link for downloading the resource pack is actually forwarding to the download for the 1.264b download of the core and dose not in fact lead to the correct download. This is why we need links to older builds left active so if the new build is broken at least those of us who are downloading fresh with no old versions on file can use the mod. until the links are updated you will not be able to use the mod with textures.
Darkon 59

Postby Darkon 59 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Um i have a problem. When ever i load the game I can get into the hanger but there are missing textures, such as there are no lasers or missiles on the ships because there all black squares, and the second is the fact that some of the character models are also replaced by black squares, other than that the game still runs, I currently only have the Captain's Edition installed, plus the texture pack, but when using the Slipstream Mod Manager while patching it says that its skipping over a lot of Junk Files in the the patch, i cannot figure out whats going on. Also the texture pack in the download up top seems a lot like the regular CE.
ketiw2

Postby ketiw2 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:22 pm

You've downloaded BAD CE.. because of someone not paying attention the links were missnamed and CE is not available for now. Instead of CE there is patched b version of CptEdt

Darkon 59 wrote:Um i have a problem. When ever i load the game I can get into the hanger but there are missing textures, such as there are no lasers or missiles on the ships because there all black squares, and the second is the fact that some of the character models are also replaced by black squares, other than that the game still runs, I currently only have the Captain's Edition installed, plus the texture pack, but when using the Slipstream Mod Manager while patching it says that its skipping over a lot of Junk Files in the the patch, i cannot figure out whats going on. Also the texture pack in the download up top seems a lot like the regular CE.