FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
williamcll

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.263/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby williamcll » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 am

stylesrj wrote:Well if you've already visited the beacon, then it's already too late. Wait for the Rebel fleet to catch up to change the event at the beacon. Should be two options - escape into deep space or spend 10 fuel.

Also, Infinite is best done from the start of the game. I think that might be an issue.

Ah, that worked, I thought the other option was just go to the next sector without a boost.
Still, it's kind of odd that you just abandoned the mission.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

You're not abandoning the mission. You're fleeing from the Rebels and trying to lose them amongst the stars. You can still return to finish it, provided you have 10 fuel and are at the exit beacon.
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:26 am

I see, though it would be great if the deep space isn't as randomized.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:09 pm

williamcll wrote:I see, though it would be great if the deep space isn't as randomized.

It would also be great if unicorns were real, we could harness hopes and happiness as energy, and there was no world hunger. But unfortunately, all those things are equally impossible.
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.264/Inf 1.264/EL 1.264

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Hello! Sorry for my extremely late reply! I forget that my Facebook page also has an inbox. You can totally use anything from Chromatic T-Rex in your mod. Go for it! I appreciate you asking. Thanks!

-Ben

Sample

CE Update 1.264
- Rebel Scrambler horizontal offset fixed
- Changed mind control jamming effect to prevent Mind Shielding related crashes
- Merged Firewall Plating and Mind Shielding and changed overall functionality
- Merged Advanced FTL Navigation and Advanced Proximity Navigation into a single, more universally useful augment

CE Infinite 1.264
- Bad Rebel station IDs purged

CE Endless Loot 1.264 for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.264 for CE Infinite
- Tight spread can no longer apply to weapons that normally only deal crew damage
- Changes of CE 1.264 integrated

CE Additional Music Addon 1.264
- Three tracks from Ben Prunty's album "Chromatic T-Rex" integrated

CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0
- Initial Release; fixes some inconsistencies when using the addon with Infinite and adds some of the new tracks to contested deep space
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 pm

WooHoo!!! Thanks Ben you are awesome!!! :mrgreen:

I would consider that an OK to also use the Bonus Horror track in Quarantine Sectors and possibly the Bonus Federation track in Federation Sectors as well!!! If you haven't already you should definitely rewrite the Music Addon description to advertise the fact that it uses additional music from Ben Prunty who created the original soundtrack for FTL and link to his BandCamp. ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:- Changed mind control jamming effect to prevent Mind Shielding related crashes
- Merged Firewall Plating and Mind Shielding and changed overall functionality

Eh, I'll have to get used to that one. :| But if it is necessary to prevent crashes, it is necessary. How do youse personally feel about that change? Do you like it better this way?
- Merged Advanced FTL Navigation and Advanced Proximity Navigation into a single, more universally useful augment

This one I definitely approve of though. Thanks for finally implementing that suggestion. :). Does the new combined Adv. Nav augment still help with FTL travel?
Cirxe123

Postby Cirxe123 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:08 am

Hi, this mod hasn't been working for me for awhile, but I recently tried to give it another go. First I installed the base Captains Edition accidentally excluding the resource pack. It worked and would load without error except for the missing textures of course. I then converted FTl back to it's vanilla state, ran it, closed it downloaded the resource pack and tried to run it to test it. It closed on the load screen after having appeared to have been loaded. I then loaded in CE (base mod again) and CE Infinite Addon (observing the load order) as well as Ce resource pack. Again, I made sure the load order was correct. Upon launching it it crashed at the same point as the other version did with only the Resource pack installed. This compels me to believe that perhaps my PC does not have the specs necessary to run the images within the resource pack. I am wondering if this could be confirmed or denied. If confirmed I would appreciate if anyone knew a fix (short of a new computer or hardware) though I doubt it. Either way, thanks. I should also mention that all of this was done on the newest version of Slipstream Mod Manager.
Specs:
Processor - Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
System Type - 32 bit operating system
Graphics Card - Not sure (if needed, say so, I can find out)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Most likely this can be fixed by allocating more memory to FTL. Read through the troubleshooting section of the first post to learn how to do that.

Russian Rockman wrote:Eh, I'll have to get used to that one. :| But if it is necessary to prevent crashes, it is necessary. How do you personally feel about that change? Do you like it better this way?

Well the alternative would haven been a Mind Shielding that only limits the system to one bar, which would turn a total niche augment into a largely ineffective niche augment. Firewall plating and Mind Shielding already where somewhat less useful than the Drone Uplink Jammer or the Teleporter Jammer, also cause these systems pose a somewhat greater direct thread. Combining the two AE related augs creates a more usefull comba aug, that is also somewhat characteristic and feels "advanced" in its own right, countering the AE technology specifically, if not entirely negating it. It always jamms both hacking and mind control (limiting them both to one bar), in that way being most effective against ships which have both systems (Tech Cruisers and the like.) I overall like it that way, as the aug has a more characteristic profile now. Much like the subspace scanner, that can be used in two different ways, or the Teleporter Jammer, which also works in a lot of boarding events alongside normal combat.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:21 am

You make a good point. Those two augments were less useful mostly because those systems just don't show up as often as weapons and drones obviously. The only show up with stuff that was added after AE so a lesser percentage of the content. It is still too bad they can't disable either system completely though.

The Subspace Scanner, although it disables only one system is super useful because that system is the most annoying system. :lol:

Anyway, do you plan to include the Horror and Federation Bonus tracks into the CE Additional Music Addon? It doesn't sound like Ben would mind.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:03 am

I just got to listen to use the new Additional Music addon and it is truly awesome. When Electric Mountain kicks in it is epic!!! Did you have to remix any of those tracks yourself? Anyway, thanks for adding Ben's tracks into the mix as soon as he gave you the go ahead. Do you plan on adding any more of his tracks?

Corruption could be a Slug or Nebula track perhaps?
Percussion in 6/8 would be good for Mantis (as I see it) although it apparently matches the new Slug track in the AE soundtrack.
Dismantled and Impulse are also really cool.
I'd use the whole thing if I could find a way to fit it in. :D

Personally, are there any other places you have found chiptune music that you liked?

EDIT: Also, you should really link to Chromatic T-rex in the OP and say that the addon includes additional music from the creator of FTL's original soundtrack. It would give Ben more advertisement and in turn also make more people want to download and try that add-on based on Ben's popularity. ;)

On another note, I have accepted the change to the mind shield and firewall plating augments, but you should probably change some of the flavor text from those augments. Since a lot of them still say things like "should prevent any hacking drones from attacking to your ship" and "will render the enemy's hacking system useless." That is not the case anymore, so for example:
It would be better to say things like, "Will hamper any enemy hacking attempts" or "will lessen the effects of any enemy hacking drones.
Also, would reducing the enemy's hacking and mind control by 2 instead of 3 still cause a crash? I'm just asking because I would like to know what the problem is since I never got to do any testing on that myself. But if reducing the system by 2 worked then it would be better than always limiting it to 1. You probably already tried that, but I'm just asking anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me whether you did or not.

Thanks.