[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:15 pm

"I'm not too fond of the Engies myself" Translator said "They're cold and mechanical about their ways. The moment you try to talk to them they immediately try and brush you off as politely as possible."

He thought back to his last assignment.
Translator's body felt very tingly after sensing an odd computer signal on the ship. Then an Engi controller told his Captain "Virus wanted for binary scrambling x5, nano-dissolution x3, variable interference x20."

Hearing the consequences, Translator immediately gestured frantically for the system. The Captain gave the word and he proceeded, tearing the terminal out from the ship. Messages played at high speed on the screen "Don't do this! I'm innocent!"
He broke the terminal down into parts, absorbing the contents. The last words to appear on the screen were "You are a murderer!" before there was a burst of O2 and the machine was gone.

"Sometimes I wonder if the Engies are hiding something under a façade of innocence" Translator said to Slava "I'd be careful with their theories and technologies, just in case."
He looked to one of the nearby speakers "Interceptor, has the Engi Logic Authority modified you in any way? They didn't cover it in the briefing and your AI core gives me some strange vibes to say the least."
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:51 pm

"Hmm..."
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:54 pm

"Engi Logic Authority...? Um... I'm not exactly sure what that is..."
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:58 pm

"I'm curious as well..."
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:19 pm

"The Engi Logic Authority? Interceptors base code shows similarities, but so does all AI. Engis may be cold and heartless, but why would they be interested in Interceptor?" Slava asked. "I trust the Engis when it comes to operating ship systems and modifying them. Although I did meet an interesting virus that showed more of a personality than their entire race. It tried to kill me with a reactor overload."

Hmm, what does Translator have against Engis? Slava thought to himself
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm

"Sorry, I heard the Hive Mind call themselves that" Translator said "I assume they're like the Engi Space Police as opposed to the Engi Brigade."

He shrugged "Engies would be interested in all AI technology, like I would be interested in new metallic opportunities. You need to know if it's going to be worth pursuing or destroying as a threat and absorbing the remains. I assume a race of machines would do the same thing - it would be stupid of them not to consider an AI ship as a potential threat to their own hive intelligence."

He tapped a claw on the walls upon hearing Slava talk about a virus. He paused for several seconds before saying "Maybe the Engies have planted something suspicious in order to spy on us. I should search the ship for it immediately."
He quickly retreated the shield room to start tapping random walls as if something would pop out.
Last edited by stylesrj on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Interceptor decides to keep on course to the beacon they need to patrol
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:30 pm

"Hey, Interceptor! I forgot to ask, what weapons are we equipped with? I didn't see anything on the hull." Slava remarked

"I'll look for Virus code in the mainframe until we get to the beacon."
The Dark Ones
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:55 pm

"Oh, well we're equipped with a Dual Shot Laser and a Glaive Beam. I keep them hidden until they are needed in a fight."
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:17 am

"Good guns, but the power use is a bit much." Slava remarks "and retractability means suprise is on our side."
The Dark Ones