[SHIP] Federation Defender

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DinosaurDino

Re: [SHIP] Federation Defender

Postby DinosaurDino » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 pm

Also I just finished playing with the Chickenhawk and that was so much fun, and I usually don't like shieldles ships :D although the turrets should be purchable because I just lost a turret on the Hoatzin in the 1. sector and lost. :? Probablly bad luck, but still..
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:01 pm

Also a thing to note, you shouldn't try to deactivate the turret on the Hoatzin, you'll lose it completely.
DinosaurDino

Postby DinosaurDino » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Don't EVER use the shield overcharge drone, not because it stays in the middle (well, partially because of that), but when it try's to create a supreshield barrier it crashes the game. Sorry if I am becoming boring with these complaints, but I don't want other players to find these bugs and ruin the play-through. :(
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Wasn't planning on it. It wouldn't shoot and have no function so I would use the normal ship art for the 'visuals' and use a normal augment for it instead. Maybe have a weak defense drone or something to at least make asteroids and missiles not a threat.

I didn't make the drones available in store because this was partially an experiment and I am not quite sure if it would look 'good' with say 3 turrets from shop stacked on top of each other.

If I ever go 'serious' with this mod past experiment/ prototype stage I will set a quest at each end or start beacon or what ever or an event that basically allows you to get a better turret. (Also make starter ones weaker)

This can help with the balance.

I am very busy in the recent days so I can not exactly spend much time into this at all until next month+.

If someone wants to pick this up and do these 'edits' (no shield for the type C, make it super shield, make all 3 ships appear in A, B, C slots. (ship blueprint must be at fault here). Then I will happily update the first link for download for the ship(s) and changes and will credit you for the update.

Not forcing anyone to do it but I know some people who really like doing things and maybe itching to improve or fix a said mod. Just giving permission out there.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:39 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Turret + zoltan can work. But atm I will just do a normal zoltan shield one as it fits the art with the hacker drone thingy and make a 4th Federation Defender (with what in CE known as "Civilian" or "Malitia" colours).

Edit:@ also: well. theoretically after AE yes. yes it can.... possible idea for a CE enemy ship sleeper service? :)
Like one of those shieldless auto-scouts but with the zoltan shield thing.

It's kind of clunky to telegraph such specific ship properties to the player, but I'd definitely love to integrate the Militia version of the ship into one way or the other (sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this.)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 am

Sleeper Service wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Turret + zoltan can work. But atm I will just do a normal zoltan shield one as it fits the art with the hacker drone thingy and make a 4th Federation Defender (with what in CE known as "Civilian" or "Malitia" colours).

Edit:@ also: well. theoretically after AE yes. yes it can.... possible idea for a CE enemy ship sleeper service? :)
Like one of those shieldless auto-scouts but with the zoltan shield thing.

It's kind of clunky to telegraph such specific ship properties to the player, but I'd definitely love to integrate the Militia version of the ship into one way or the other (sorry for not getting back to you earlier on this.)

No problem.

I got exams still but I should be free next week but I want a bit off a rest. A question Sleeper Service: I know you (at the moment) do not add anything to Captains edition recently but if a 'turreted' enemy ship works would you be interested in putting that up for CE? It was an idea of curiosity. (if you want to use this ship then as usual you can use it. I will make a militia someday soon but most likely in a week or two.)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:36 pm

stylesrj wrote:Oh wow, shieldless ships with the ellipse in a tiny place. I've seen this before. It's rather interesting how all drones are neutralised, yet defensive drones are still an option.

I once made a ship like that as well. Gave it a Zoltan Shield and suddenly it couldn't be Hacked or Mind Controlled or boarded (outside of events). Since there was no shield bubble, the Zoltan Shield could never be brought down.

I attempted to do this. It yelded no fruit.

boarders still boarded me.
ion boarder and normal boarder drones still went for it.

Is this due to 1x1 pixel shields being to small for it and me requiring to get a bit bigger shield would fix it or is this some other problem?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

DinosaurDino wrote:For some reason, instead of the Jackdaw the Kestrel appears in game. But the Hoatzin and the Chickenhawk are in the hangar.

I can not replicate this problem. You sure it's the Hoatzin and Chickenhawk appearing? what ships did they replace exactly?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 pm

The update is coming.

The Federation Defender type - A "Federation" is revamped a bit to have some better weapons however I assume it requires AE to be turned on.

The Federation Defender type - B "Rebel" is just getting some turret changes. It's going to be a more rabid firing one but slower projectiles. potential output effectiveness against lots of incoming projectiles may be better however it has a greater chance of missing.

The Federation Defender type - C "Pirate" has unknown incoming changes. If I can get the 'invisible' zoltan shield to work then it'll be a shieldless ship that will be forever immune to incoming attacks via boarding unless they got a zoltan shield bypass.

The Federation Defender type - D "Militia" is in the works. This build will mirror the type C, depending on the situation of the type C with the zoltan shield than the Militia may or may not be shieldless.
If C can be zoltan shield functioning I'll make the shielded maybe. Or perhaps switch it for a 'dual' turret. which will be basicly two ontop of each other. This will just mean it has 50% less chance at derpin' or missing. Beyond that nothing much.

This is the "D" so far. (It will replace Engi Cruiser type A). Just can't decide what it's icon should be since there is none in vanilla and literally no event ties to it...\

Edit: Image

This is what the type D looks like thus far. The insignia is just a possible but most likely choice that I will go with..
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:18 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Oh wow, shieldless ships with the ellipse in a tiny place. I've seen this before. It's rather interesting how all drones are neutralised, yet defensive drones are still an option.

I once made a ship like that as well. Gave it a Zoltan Shield and suddenly it couldn't be Hacked or Mind Controlled or boarded (outside of events). Since there was no shield bubble, the Zoltan Shield could never be brought down.

I attempted to do this. It yelded no fruit.

boarders still boarded me.
ion boarder and normal boarder drones still went for it.

Is this due to 1x1 pixel shields being to small for it and me requiring to get a bit bigger shield would fix it or is this some other problem?

That's odd. Maybe it only works if the ellipse is 0 all around? Because the size of the Zoltan shield shouldn't matter. The Zoltan shield theoretically should stop anything from the AI.

I haven't tried it in a long while though so perhaps it has been fixed.