Is it possible to mod music into the game? Please read.

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
KoolTheKid

Is it possible to mod music into the game? Please read.

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:29 am

I want someone to mod the bonus track (HORROR) into the uncharted nebulae sectors in the game, but ONLY uncharted nebulae, all other nebulae remain the same.

Thanks!

The song: http://benprunty.bandcamp.com/track/bonus-horror\

For the battle music it would just be Void.
http://benprunty.bandcamp.com/track/void-battle
Russian Rockman

Re: Is it possible to mod music into the game? Please read.

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:08 am

The simple answer to your question is, YES music can be modded in to the game.

You can edit the tracks part of each sector in in the data/sector_data.xml file and then add the tracks you want into the audio/music folder.

You could mod in Ben Prunty's bonus track yourself, but I don't think anyone will or should post a mod using it because of copyright reasons. Unless of course Ben Prunty gave his permission or the song is Creative Commons licensed.

So thats the jest of it. Next time you should post a question like this in the Mod Development subforum though, where "Mod Development" questions go. This is where "Working Mods" go.
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:23 am

Russian Rockman wrote:The simple answer to your question is, YES music can be modded in to the game.

You can edit the tracks part of each sector in in the data/sector_data.xml file and then add the tracks you want into the audio/music folder.

You could mod in Ben Prunty's bonus track yourself, but I don't think anyone will or should post a mod using it because of copyright reasons. Unless of course Ben Prunty gave his permission or the song is Creative Commons licensed.

So thats the jest of it. Next time you should post a question like this in the Mod Development subforum though, where "Mod Development" questions go. This is where "Working Mods" go.

This was accidentally posted here, sorry about that i thought this was mod development.
I just emailed Ben, hopefully he gets back to me shortly so I/someone else can make and post a mod, although I know NOTHING on how to do it, haha.

I'll try to post pictures as proof if he does say yes.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 am

I asked him on facebook once if he would give permission for the bonus tracks to be used in mods. Never got a response... :|
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:The simple answer to your question is, YES music can be modded in to the game.

Would it be a huge deal if you someone emailed it/ PM'd it over to me?

Now let me ask you, can you do it? :)
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 pm

KoolTheKid wrote:Would it be a huge deal if you someone emailed it/ PM'd it over to me?

You'd be much better served learning to do it yourself (soundtracks are super-easy, seriously).
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
-It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something than to do it for them.

If I have some extra time, I may write up a quick tutorial for you here, but honestly it's a snap to do. You can use SMM to extract the .DAT files and have a look for yourself. :)
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Kieve wrote:
KoolTheKid wrote:Would it be a huge deal if you someone emailed it/ PM'd it over to me?

You'd be much better served learning to do it yourself (soundtracks are super-easy, seriously).
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
-It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something than to do it for them.

If I have some extra time, I may write up a quick tutorial for you here, but honestly it's a snap to do. You can use SMM to extract the .DAT files and have a look for yourself. :)

That would be awesome!