FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Nider_01

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.261/Inf 1.26/EL 1.26b

Postby Nider_01 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:10 pm

I hope that you didn't forget to inlcude updated graphics into vanilla loadouts addon :)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:47 pm

The Addon will be use the main CE data for this, so no update was necessary.

curufinwe wrote:Targeting Jammer seems not to be working (again?) in 1.26. The event appears but all the enemy's weapons are still functional even when the event succeeds (judging by the message).

EDIT: It might be related to Internal Generator, i.e. it might only not work when powered with it, but it needs to be tested more.

Looking into it, but It haven't found a problem there yet.

@ Golemer:
Thanks for all your suggestions! Unfortunately a lot of what you imagined can't be done, or already has been done anyways.

In some cases we had some similar ideas, some of which where discarded. I considered a space whale sector for example, which would have been a lot like your galactic rim sectors.

Regarding longer quests for infinite: That would surely be interesting, but Infinite already has a huge amount of content available and coding a suitable amount of long quest lines is kind of difficult. I'm not to found of creating infinite-only content, if I do more quests than probably ones that can also be done in standard CE. But if you are really want this to happen you can look into FTL xml code and start designing some questlines. There is a thread for CE event suggestions where you can submit them.

Some of your suggestions also would require a great deal of new ships designs and stuff, which sometimes would need to exist specifically for a single event. For me that does not really justify the work.
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:00 pm

So.. where's the update instructions?

I've got 1.23 installed along with numerous other mods. Do I need to do a complete revert to vanilla and reinstall everything from scratch or can I install the newer version ontop of the old one?

If I've gotta reinstall, then well, that really sucks. Need to look up and remind myself how to install the mods in the right order again.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:17 pm

The mod manager will revert your game to an unmoded state whenever you click patch, before installing any mods you have selected. Hitting patch without any mods select will cause it to revert the game to vanilla. So you just have to put the latest versions of your mods into the mod folder and install them as usual.
Packerton

Postby Packerton » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Ok I created my account just to post to this thread, because as someone who has 500 hours in FTL, this mod has been a huge part of that and I have used it since the start, and I need to speak my mind.

The Flagship is too damn hard and really needs to be reworked or reverted in the Captains edition mod.

Out of I must guess 200 runs, I have beaten it just twice, each time with a missile spam loadout that I lucked upon. Thats insanely low odds of success, and I have had many good and bad runs of the game, lots of them I've had a loadout where I know I Would have absoutely decimated the thing if it were Vanilla. Why does only one plan of action seem to work? This was never the case in Vanilla.

In Vanilla, if I had a bad loadout I could still win if I did things right and got a bit lucky, that is simply not the case here.

Its really disappointing that after a Long enjoyable journey (CE playthroughs are always much longer for me) you know you are not going to be able to win before the fight even starts.

Im probably going to get flak from the toxic "harder = better" crowd, but I don't care.

My recommendation is to have a version of the mod that leaves the Flagship battle as is, without any time limits or its overpowered beam weapon etc. I love this mod, and this is the only real flaw.
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The mod manager will revert your game to an unmoded state whenever you click patch, before installing any mods you have selected. Hitting patch without any mods select will cause it to revert the game to vanilla. So you just have to put the latest versions of your mods into the mod folder and install them as usual.

Well, that's something I didn't know. Thanks for the info; good to learn this.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Packerton wrote:The Flagship is too damn hard and really needs to be reworked or reverted in the Captains edition mod.

There are people that play hundreds of hours without even beating the vanilla boss, some of which argue that therefore the boss has to change. But from what I can tell there are also lot of people can reliably beat the CE boss, so I see no need to change it. I'm sorry that the final battle ruins your fun, but I simply can't nor do I try to make everyone happy (just like the Defs I guess.) The premise of the mod is to provide richer and harsher game-play and IMO the boss changes are in line with that. Maybe consider watching some of biohazards vids to see examples of successfully completed CE boss fights (he won about half of his latest runs). You might have to reconsider your play and think about how you can improve.
Vesanus

Postby Vesanus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:16 pm

I'm still having problems with CE Infinite addon. I don't get the choice at the exit of the sector to continuously roam through the uncharted sectors. Instead i get a random event and then I can only click "NEXT SECTOR".

ALL the other mods are working though, just not this one. :/
Everything was loaded in proper order (just like said on the 1st page).

This is my mod list to be fully precise:

Please help :S
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:18 pm

You (somehow) have Captain's Edition loaded after CE infinite--it should be the other way around.
I think you might've just not noticed.
Vesanus

Postby Vesanus » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:40 am

Ok, I fixed it.

Let's just say I'm stupid.