FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
CaptRavo

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby CaptRavo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Does waiting work independently from having piloting manned? I'm not sure... Right, so if this actually was a problem then defender ships should probably loose the ability to flee I guess. In that case nice catch. Still, people seem to get mislead a lot by the fact that you don't have piloting manned there. :D Do you still have that save? Can you try if manning piloting enables you to wait?

Doh! I don't have that savegame anymore. I'm trying to recreate the problem though... if there is one. I can't remember if I moved the guy out of the pilots seat. :mrgreen: So I guess ignore this for now unless I re-post
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 pm

NarnKar wrote:Unreliable, which changes the radius tag, only works on BURST type weapons, since radius is only functional on BURST wepaons.

That prefix actually changes type to BURST and makes other changes to converts the whole weapon blueprint into Flak style. There was something wrong with the radius tag though. BURST weapons will always display how many projectiles they fire with each shot, so even if the weapon shows "Shots: 1" it should still fire its regular burst.

CE Endless Loot 1.25b for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.25b for CE Infinite
- Radius adding prefixes fixed
- Weapon showcase re-added

Russian Rockman wrote::idea: You should add a shield training simulation since it's strangely left out, all you would have to do is spawn a simulated ship with a laser weapon that fires just fast enough to constantly pelt your shields, but never actually penetrate more than one layer. ;)

I wanted to do this via ion weapons, but unfortunately ion damage does not count as XP granting shield depletion. The problem is that shield depletion can not be separated from actual hull damage, so if the player drops shields the fight suddenly becomes quite real. I find that difficult to explain to the player and the sim should not have that kind of damage potential.

Russian Rockman wrote:For the combat simulator another less lethal scenario would also be to spawn a simulated AI ship that you can "board" and destroy it's systems. Destroying each system completely would damage the ship just enough so that it would surrender and end the simulation. Allowing you to pull your crew back and preventing the non-existent ship from jumping away with them.

While I like the idea I, again, find it difficult to explain how this works. I guess the crew gets jacked into the matrix once teleporting or something like that, but I wanted to characterize all this simming as some rather crude computer based thing, its not as a full out holodeck or something like this. There are also some problems that could come with this, like the ship jumping away with your crew when out of fuel and simming.

Russian Rockman wrote:Of course that would require a teleporter. But, the combat AI's can actually be quite lethal, as we all know... Engi's would be a better opponent, but that kind of breaks the lore of the simulation. :roll:

Yeah, thats why there are so many options. Any ship can deal with two avatars at least though. Its up to the player how challenging he wants the fight to be.

Russian Rockman wrote:Lastly, the fire on the repair simulation is interesting, but if you just removed that you wouldn't need to have the warning that it could actually damage your ship. I don't think the fire is really necessary...

True. I wanted the repair scenario to have at last some kind of stakes, cause it is already the most boring one of all the scenarios. I also thought that a true fire drill is not to weird and would be accepted as realistically possible by the player. But yeah, could be removed, but would probably make that options way more interesting.

stylesrj wrote:Can you tell these enemy ships to stop trying to escape into hazard zones? I was fighting a Rock ship over a sun, then they decided "Hey that asteroid belt looks like a good place to hide!"

Up to you if you chase them. :p
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

CaptRavo wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Does waiting work independently from having piloting manned? I'm not sure... Right, so if this actually was a problem then defender ships should probably loose the ability to flee I guess. In that case nice catch. Still, people seem to get mislead a lot by the fact that you don't have piloting manned there. :D Do you still have that save? Can you try if manning piloting enables you to wait?

Doh! I don't have that savegame anymore. I'm trying to recreate the problem though... if there is one. I can't remember if I moved the guy out of the pilots seat. :mrgreen: So I guess ignore this for now unless I re-post

Either way it doesn't really make sense to me that you can wait while the fleet is still firing on you or nearby.

Good point about the shield simulation, but since some of the other simulations can do actual damage I didn't think it would be that strange.

Also, good point about the matrix Teleporter idea, but I do think that the other idea, having an simulated ship with a simulated teleporter that spawns simulated crew,rather than having all the avatars spawn at once, is a good idea. I know you can choose to fight only 2 avatars, but for two kills it's really not worth it.

Lastly, you're right about the fire, it at least gives you something to do during that event and it really isn't very dangerous.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Up to you if you chase them. :p

I know but maybe the stakes should be raised a little bit. If they flee into an asteroid field, it should be a strong one regardless if they were in one before or not.

Just like the field you get when you "explore an asteroid field" and get some scrap from a missile base or get some interesting fuel compositions. Even if I have level 3 shields, if I don't cloak or put up a defense drone during my stay, my shields will be bombarded into nothing and then my ship starts taking massive impacts. Then before I get the fires taken out, the hull breaches fixed over piloting and then piloting fixed, another barrage comes along.

Of course now that I've seen dual hazards, maybe there should be more of them, and I don't mean something like Nebula and Asteroid Field. Why not a Sun and a Nebula or an ASB and an asteroid field (or sun and an ASB).

Perhaps ships could flee to a region of space with ancient ASB satellites that fire on both targets.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, good point about the matrix Teleporter idea, but I do think that the other idea, having an simulated ship with a simulated teleporter that spawns simulated crew,rather than having all the avatars spawn at once, is a good idea. I know you can choose to fight only 2 avatars, but for two kills it's really not worth it.

This again come with its own set of possible problems. I am pretty certain that the "invasion" boarding AI does not cause all the crew to board. The enemy will board much more relentlessly and won't retrieve injured crew, but I never saw every crewmen leave the ship, one person always stayed behind to pilot the vessel. Therefore the boarding event will never end unless the ship flees from the start, which in return will also prevent the boarding AI from doing its thing. This needs testing but I'm unsure if "invasion" will board if the enemy is running. If the enemy ships remains and the event does not end then the ship will still be there after you jump to the beacon again, prevent you from upgrading and maybe do other weird stuff. I don't think this has to be made more complicated. Its also harder to explain that the avatars first exist as a pure simulation and then become "real" holograms when teleporting to your ship. Basically the ship version would make the event more complicated and involve a smaller risk reward range. With the fixed options you have to evaluate if you want to face a greater thread that also yields more XP.

stylesrj wrote: know but maybe the stakes should be raised a little bit. If they flee into an asteroid field, it should be a strong one regardless if they were in one before or not.

Just like the field you get when you "explore an asteroid field"

There is actually no selectable strength for asteroid fields, but they will always be stronger if there is no enemy present.

stylesrj wrote:Of course now that I've seen dual hazards, maybe there should be more of them, and I don't mean something like Nebula and Asteroid Field. Why not a Sun and a Nebula or an ASB and an asteroid field (or sun and an ASB).

Such events already exists since ages in Hazard Sectors. ;)

stylesrj wrote:I know but maybe the stakes should be raised a little bit. If they flee into an asteroid field, it should be a strong one regardless if they were in one before or not.

Yeah or the possibility of this scenario happening should simply not exist. I can see that the "Ship in asteroid field flees into an asteroid field" outcome is kind of odd, its just annoyingly tedious to remove it. :| Might get around doing that at some point...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

There is actually no selectable strength for asteroid fields, but they will always be stronger if there is no enemy present.

Oh, I thought there was (People complained about a dense asteroid field in vanilla when you either could fight a Mantis ship or a Zoltan ship. Choosing Zoltan meant you got pummelled by rocks while the Zoltan ship never had a single asteroid go near it. Apparently it got patched or it was just people on the FTL wiki complaining about the RNG).

Such events already exists since ages in Hazard Sectors.

I've only seen the asteroid field and nebula or the massive amounts of ion storms. But then again the idea of going into a hazard sector doesn't appeal to me unless I'm forced to.
Like entering a quarantine zone in Sector 2 after deciding to ramp up the stakes a little bit in CE Infinite. Seriously I had the gel suits but the event decided "Oh by the way, you lost your guy because we decided that the city needed to be bombed" and my poor Rock was destroyed.
Followed by my Engi turning hostile from a disease and a bounty hunter killing my other Rock. My 5 Zoltans were fine :lol:

Yeah or the possibility of this scenario happening should simply not exist. I can see that the "Ship in asteroid field flees into an asteroid field" outcome is kind of odd, its just annoyingly tedious to remove it. :| Might get around doing that at some point...

Well it's certainly interesting when they escape to an asteroid field around a solar flare.
So why can't an ASB be deployed in a hazard then? Uncertain lock-on/flare timers?
Acceleratio

Postby Acceleratio » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Once again I thank you for updating this mod constantly with great features! You make me reexperience this game over and over again!
Sadly I have to report another ctd bug!
Was running with the offsprey. Entering the last sector before the final stand (rebell ship harbour or something like that) Upon arrival I had an empty beacon and I decided to talk to my engi who create some scrap. After clicking ok the game crashes to desktop. Reloading crashes aswell.

Aside that the run was fun... well im still not looking forward to the flagship (I ususally quite before i fight it) so its not really a big deal for me :D

Aise that I am STILl running low on fuel whenever I play. even on easy and even while buying almost all the fuel there is those hyperspace events dont really add that much for me. :(
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:49 pm

Now that the Flagship Randomizer is officially released I think you should give it a little more publicity on the OP here. Right now it's not advertised very well as there's only a single line about it. ;)

It would be nice to see some people start doing some Let's Plays with the Randomizer. I just don't think enough people know about it.
PR0T05T33L

Postby PR0T05T33L » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Hey, where can I find all the music from the addon? Somewhere on YouTube or Soundcloud would be preferred.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:36 pm

You can get all the tracks and the albums they are from at Jamendo, thats a site for free to use music. If you look at the mod in SMM you'll see a list of all the tracks and artists.

It appears that two pieces of equipment where missing from the stealth C EL loadout. Fixed now. I start to understand why some people in the steam forum complained about that ship being underpowered in CE. :?

CE Endless Loot 1.25c for CE and CE Endless Loot 1.25c for CE Infinite
- Fixed several problems with the EL loadout of Stealth C