[Ship] Zoltan Magistrate

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[Ship] Zoltan Magistrate

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:38 am

Whether it was a deliberate or just blind luck, it turned out that theoretically a Zoltan could divert more power to a ship's systems if the rooms were clustered together. The Zoltan Defendant Cruiser utilised this advantage with containing both medical facilities and the shield room into one area.

Zoltan Envoy Trikko decided to take this a little further. With the help of the Order of the Great Eye and the Zoltans of Bren, they created the Magistrate.

How did they get the Slug Cruiser parts? Envoy Trikko simply opened up a spacial rift, and shouted "Choose your doom" for good measure.

https://www.mediafire.com/?1grattg2sgguzaf
(Replaces Zoltan B)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8v3o3g9ef98h65/Magistrate+-+No+Subsystem+Changes.ftl
(If you have mods already that modify system blueprints)

Few things to note:
1) The ship is automated. Sensors and Doors will automatically be stationed and unbreached subsystems will repair themselves
2) Because many rooms are stacked on each other, only one can be operated a time. This also means only one system can be repaired. You'll have to wait for the ship to autoheal the rest. This can be dangerous as more damage will occur and if you're hit in the shields. Upgrade life support and the medbay ASAP if you don't want everyone to die from a missile strike.
3) Defensive assets are at the back, offensive assets are at the front.
4) The UI is a little bugged as it has all of the systems and subsystems available and 4 weapons and 4 drones. Hotkeys may be needed.
5)This ship comes with 5 Zoltans this time.
6) The Artillery is a special weapon. It shoots a short-range laser that causes 1-2 hull breaches and sets the room on fire. Pierces up to 7 layers of shield and only causes 1 damage. So it's rather situational.
7) There are two versions up there. The first modifies the shields, oxygen and weapons and drones so they have extra levels. Shields can put put to Level 6(!) for that missile immunity. If you don't like the idea of that, the second version just has the necessary equipment to run things.

kartoflane for the Universal Starting Beacon
BrenTenkage for trying out the Defendant and requesting a ship with more stacked systems. Hopefully this is something you're looking for (be sure to read the event text for the Zoltan Requisition at the start of the game.)
Also, check out his video of him playing with the Magistrate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEB6IjJ ... e=youtu.be

Everyone else for downloading and trying out this strange, gimmicky ship.

It's not quite a win-button cruiser but it does have a greater starting advantage over other ships.

Stay tuned for a potentially dangerous mod - Extreme Ships Pack (all systems in one room? You betcha that'll be frustrating!)
Last edited by stylesrj on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stylesrj

Re: [Ship] Zoltan Magistrate

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:09 am

Due to some issues involving getting to the Slug C requiring the use of a bad ship (*cough* Slug B *cough*), I've changed the unlocking requirements to just the Zoltan B.

I'm also considering another ship like this one except the Shields are in another room and everything is stacked in one room (and you get a nano repair bomb that doesn't use missiles but has a long chargeup) for the Zoltans to use.

But that's only an idea. Don't want to overwrite the flawed ship with it.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:07 am

Yeah, I found out it's the piloting system that'll cause problems. Because when the shield room is ionised, the piloting is not the system being powered. So evasion is shot to 0. Perhaps level 2 or 3 piloting would avoid this outcome though.

Also, that ZRPC Requisition at the Civilian Sector, unexpected bug (guess I didn't set the beacon right). But you know what? I'll leave it in as reward for keeping a dummy augment to the next Civilian Sector instead of replacing it with something else. ;)
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:12 am

stylesrj wrote:Yeah, I found out it's the piloting system that'll cause problems. Because when the shield room is ionised, the piloting is not the system being powered. So evasion is shot to 0. Perhaps level 2 or 3 piloting would avoid this outcome though.

Also, that ZRPC Requisition at the Civilian Sector, unexpected bug (guess I didn't set the beacon right). But you know what? I'll leave it in as reward for keeping a dummy augment to the next Civilian Sector instead of replacing it with something else. ;)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodBadBugs

So glad ya enjoyed the video, thanks for supporting me ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:23 am

Some of the stuff that goes on I cringe though...
I was wondering when you'd counter the mind control with your own mind control. I mean that's what I'd do.

I've uploaded a new version where the piloting room is with the weapons and mind control and all the other gear. The Magistrate should be playable, but not too frustrating like say... an Extreme Ship Pack ship!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

stylesrj wrote:Some of the stuff that goes on I cringe though...
I was wondering when you'd counter the mind control with your own mind control. I mean that's what I'd do.

I've uploaded a new version where the piloting room is with the weapons and mind control and all the other gear. The Magistrate should be playable, but not too frustrating like say... an Extreme Ship Pack ship!

Sorry I forgot about being able to counter mind control with mind control :oops:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:33 am

Sorry I forgot about being able to counter mind control with mind control

It's alright, we all do rookie mistakes. Like not calculating how far the fleet moves and suddenly getting stuck behind enemy lines for several jumps :lol:
Although there is a mod for that. I should try it.