FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NewAgeOfPower

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:16 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Just like the shields UI would seem glitches on lvl 10 with the modified UI, and the vanilla UI alike.

It's not really glitchy on the Vanilla UI. The first shield icon changes colour and when it takes damage, it gets a pink outline. It's when you go for more than 5 layers the thing really gets glitchy - every time you start a game or find a ship with Level 6+ shields, the layers beyond 5 are damaged and need repairs.

But the extra layers get pink outlines too when damaged. The game knows how to compensate.

Kieve or Karto did some testing awhile back- we found that shields capped at 5 layers. Hmm.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Kieve or Karto did some testing awhile back- we found that shields capped at 5 layers. Hmm.

Was this before AE? Because I've tried ships with up to 7 layers of shields.

Not only do they block missiles (1 damage each missile) they are also shown on the UI the same way the 5th layer does, except over the other two bubbles.

The only real issue with them was that the system itself beyond 10 health bars would be damaged and require repairs every time you reloaded a save game or encountered a ship that would have them (which should be rare. That Mantis Teleporter Barge at Sector 4 was fixed).

In fact my latest ship, the Zoltan Magistrate uses this or can use this [/toots horn]

------------------

On another note: There is an unused song called Federation that comes with every FTL soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUAozazL8M

Is it a possibility to have the song used in Federation sectors?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:30 am

stylesrj--Personally, I think the song Federation should be saved for very, very special occasions, seeing as how it's the counterpart to The Last Stand. Putting it in every Federation-controlled sector just doesn't feel right to me.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:53 am

stylesrj--Personally, I think the song Federation should be saved for very, very special occasions, seeing as how it's the counterpart to The Last Stand. Putting it in every Federation-controlled sector just doesn't feel right to me.

But that's the thing. Where else could you put it? The game's rather limited on where you put soundtracks.

Otherwise there should be some sort of theme for each of the special events... imagine encountering Kazaaak and some scary, ominous music plays. Or having to endure the sun against the Rock Assault?
Pity that can't be done though :(
CaptRavo

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.248/Inf 1.247/EL 1.247

Postby CaptRavo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:15 am

CaptRavo wrote:Out of fuel against the fleet with a drone that warps away = stalemate.

Forgot I posted this, so here is more of an explanation.

I was out of fuel. The spotter drone jumped away leaving me no way to get fuel. The planetary defense weapons only fired on me once and stopped after that. With no way to wait for another event, I was left sitting at this screen. If this was intentional, it makes the rebels seem very inept. Then again, I think the "spotter drone" jumping away (the one allowing them to target me with their distance weapons) makes the rebels seem even more inept.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 am

Still looks a lot like you can't jump because you have no one in the pilot seat, which was pointed out before already. :|

stylesrj wrote:The only real issue with them was that the system itself beyond 10 health bars would be damaged and require repairs every time you reloaded a save game or encountered a ship that would have them (which should be rare. That Mantis Teleporter Barge at Sector 4 was fixed).

That will usually happen if the max tag of the system blueprint is left untouched, did you increase the max value of the shield system blueprint?

NarnKar wrote:On another note: There is an unused song called Federation that comes with every FTL soundtrack.

The FTL soundtrack is a commercially released album. I can only use free-to-use music here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:43 am

That will usually happen if the max tag of the system blueprint is left untouched, did you increase the max value of the shield system blueprint?

When I had a ship with 7 layers of shields, I had the thing set to 14 (although it could have been 12 and I set levels for 13 and 14. It's been a few weeks and Captain's Editions since I last did it.)

It's hard to recall but I do know shields can go beyond 5 layers without problems.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:12 pm

I've been thinking about the Rebel Satellite encounters and when they surrender. Sometimes they do so, sometimes they don't, sometimes they fire missiles and sometimes you get an AI avatar.

Maybe the surrender should work like this:

Satellite: We surrender
You: Fine. Let's see if you'll be honourable.
Satellite goes neutral.
Satellite: Fooled you! I'm not surrendering! This was a badly executed distraction!
Satellite goes hostile.

Or you know, the satellite is honourable and you get stuff. But it should go neutral so that means if you were targeting it with auto-fire or anything like that, you have to target it again when it goes back to hostile.
Just a thought.
Revenge999

Postby Revenge999 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:37 pm

I can't explain this...
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Still looks a lot like you can't jump because you have no one in the pilot seat, which was pointed out before already. :|

With 0 fuel? (seen on screenshot)

/Estel