FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gyrfalcon

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25

Postby Gyrfalcon » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:05 am

So I was thinking about the Nisos. Every other ship in the hanger has at least one augment of some sort to start with, maybe the Nisos should start with the Anti-Ship Battery?
It fits in with the lore of an high-ranked Federation ship having it's own posse to assist in battle, also a call-back to the time when you were throwing around ideas about the Federation ships recruiting allies along the way. What do you think? :)

EDIT: Also, is the Teleporter Disrupter and Firewall Plating still in the game? I haven't seen them at all in the last 5 runs. The Teleporter Disrupter, in particular, I haven't seen in the last 10 runs at least. I remember that one having some fun blue-options! What's the rarity of those augments set at?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 am

Gyrfalcon wrote:So I was thinking about the Nisos. Every other ship in the hanger has at least one augment of some sort to start with, maybe the Nisos should start with the Anti-Ship Battery?
It fits in with the lore of an high-ranked Federation ship having it's own posse to assist in battle, also a call-back to the time when you were throwing around ideas about the Federation ships recruiting allies along the way. What do you think? :)

:mrgreen: +1

slowriderxcorps wrote:
kartoFlane wrote:1.5 could be released now, but there's still one incomplete feature (grouping of mods in the form of a tree instead of a table).
Perhaps I'll try finish to it up if Vhati doesn't do this, though frankly I never fully understood what he wanted to do with it, when I discussed this feature with him way back...

Honestly at this point, I would just be happy with a version 1.41 which has the currently finished additions in place, as the whole tree system really doesn't seem anywhere near as critically important in terms of modding capability.

:mrgreen: +1
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 am

RAD-82 wrote:l 4 Doors and Sensors for Infinite (Late to discussion... ;) ): I just tested this. Manning these do not glitch them out. They maintain their level 4 attributes when manned. I even tested Level 4 Piloting. The evasion stat claims it is still 80% like Level 3 Piloting. It appears that with Piloting and Doors, you can add text to misc.xml for the higher levels, but Sensors appear to steal from cloaking (25 sec cloak) when it states what Level 5 does. I didn't mess with misc.xml, so I don't know if you can add a description for Level 5 Sensors.

Thanks so much for looking into this and clearing things up. :) Sensors lvl4 strangely enough resist any attempts to change descriptions in misc.xml, it always shows the cloak tooltip. But additional door and piloting levels are definitely possible. Piloting lvl 4 does not increase auto-evade percentage, but It could serve as a buyable damage buffer for this pretty important system.

RAD-82 wrote: I don't think that is too hard to understand with the pink bubble. I wonder how that 5th bubble reacts to hacking, since that is the hack graphic that it uses.

I think many players will still perceive this as bugged and misleading. The purple ring originates from the hacking graphic and only appears during the charge.

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Im using version 1.24 and using the slug cruiser B. The internal Effector or whatever its called isn't working properly for all ships. On a rebel fighter it said it disabled one shield layer but the shield was never affected and stayed online but with most ships it usually works fine. Has this been fixed in 1.25?

The text never says that it "disables shield layers", it speaks of shield projectors and whatever stuff. Technically, it will always just disable one system bar in shields. So enemies with buffer bars will be safe from its effect. Upgrade sensors to see the exact effect of your combat augs. The internal effector will always perform worse than the other combat augs dedicated to interfering with a single system.

Russian Rockman wrote:The only system I thought should be increased is the battery to level 3,

Thats where it is right now.

Russian Rockman wrote:Here's something I propose though, and Enhanced Systems Add-On for CEi which allows all the systems to be upgraded to higher levels like before. That way people who don't mind the glitches can still use the enhanced systems.

There already where mods that increase system caps, so these basically do exactly that.

Russian Rockman wrote:Do you think the Medbay has enough blue options? Do you think it already has it's advantages over the Clone Bay? Because I was thinking about adding blue options for the level 3 Medbay to all crew death events. The Medbay would have a "chance" or reviving a crew member depending on the severity of the event. So it's not as reliable as the clone bay, but still quite useful. Perhaps there could be other blue options like Engineering a Reconstructive Teleport augment from a level 3 Medbay... Anyway, just a thought.

Medbay is already tremendously more useful in events and I'd prefer if crew revives remain a unique perk of the clonebay.

Gyrfalcon wrote:So I was thinking about the Nisos. Every other ship in the hanger has at least one augment of some sort to start with, maybe the Nisos should start with the Anti-Ship Battery?

I actually like that some ships do not have any augments. The flexibility concerning aug drops this provides feels like a perk in its own right. ASB can be pretty powerful, I don't see why that ship needs such a buff. It already starts with lvl 2 artillery anyway.

Gyrfalcon wrote:EDIT: Also, is the Teleporter Disrupter and Firewall Plating still in the game? I haven't seen them at all in the last 5 runs. The Teleporter Disrupter, in particular, I haven't seen in the last 10 runs at least. I remember that one having some fun blue-options! What's the rarity of those augments set at?

They both have a rarity value of 4, but probably became slightly more rare with the addition of new augments. So yeah, these are still there. You'll come across them eventually.
VoidInsanity

Postby VoidInsanity » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:51 am

1.25 eh? I missed 4 versions, guess I got a fair few surprises instore.

Edit - NVM, was LAA issue, got it sorted.
Last edited by VoidInsanity on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I actually like that some ships do not have any augments. The flexibility concerning aug drops this provides feels like a perk in its own right. ASB can be pretty powerful, I don't see why that ship needs such a buff. It already starts with lvl 2 artillery anyway.

That's a valid point, however with literally every other ship having some sort of augment, the Nisos ends up looking very boring, with no perks over it's A (Combat Sim) and C types (Flak Artillery/Requisition License).

Also, the Anti-Ship Battery is no more a buff than the Ion Field (Zoltan A) or the Target Jammer (Slug A), if not worse with it's high missile cost and chance of friendly fire. Added that the Nisos starts with an Asteria which requires missiles as well, the player would be stuck having to choose on whether sacrificing a handful of missiles and a reactor point to MAYBE gain a powerful ally or just stick it out the old fashioned way with the Asteria.

The Lvl. 2 Artillery is a boon, of course, but recalling how merciless CE can be in the first few sectors, it won't carry you alone. Plus it's only 30 scrap to upgrade from Lvl. 1 to 2, players on Easy will be able to obtain the Nisos' advantage on the Fed A and C on the very first beacon. :lol:

If you're still adamant against adding the Anti-Ship Battery, why not give the Bounty Hunter Database to the Nisos instead of the Swallow, returning the Requisition License back to the aptly pirate-painted Kestral (It seemed to fit it more anyway). The crew on the Nisos seemed more like the bounty hunting type (Slug and Rock crew? Perfect search-and-apprehension team if I ever knew one) over the Swallow's 2 Humans + Lanius.

Just food for thought.

Sleeper Service wrote:They both have a rarity value of 4, but probably became slightly more rare with the addition of new augments. So yeah, these are still there. You'll come across them eventually.

I see, I guess I'll keep an eye out. I just did another run in the meantime and couldn't find a Teleporter Jammer nor Firewall. I specifically hit every shop I could find, even took a few stray Rebel ASBs in the process, but no luck. On another note, the Mother Sun artillery was the most fun I've had in FTL in a long while. Good job with that one! :idea:
Last edited by Gyrfalcon on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:54 am

But what im saying is the augment SAYS its working but has NO effect. The enemy vessel only has 1 shield bubble and it says the effector worked but does nothing with the shield staying intact.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:34 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:But what im saying is the augment SAYS its working but has NO effect. The enemy vessel only has 1 shield bubble and it says the effector worked but does nothing with the shield staying intact.

Because the enemy had 3 shield bars = 1 shield bubble + 1 buffer bar. It disabled 1 bar, so enemy lost buffer (retaining bubble). System bars != shield bubbles. 2 shield system bars = 1 shield bubble.
---

I'm +1 for giving swallow the requisition license back (in fact, it is exactly what I'm doing with my personal micro-mod for vanilla ship layouts), and I see nothing wrong with giving Bounty Hunter license to Nisos in CE's showcase (as I wills till use vanilla layouts, so I will retaing the very usefull 3-free augments slots ;) Bu, seriously talking, anyone wanting to have "perk" of no augments, can just sell it in first shop...)

OTOH, I still hope to see awesome wingmen idea implemented for fed cruiser s whole, one day ;)

/Estel
Nider_01

Postby Nider_01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:21 am

There is a crash at the end of the latest bohazard's video. You should investigate it
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:25 am

Already have, but could not reproduce it. No idea what happened there.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:46 am

Huh, only just noticed now in the Hangar image that the Rebel Fleet is right outside.

Or that you can now see outside and know how doomed you are :lol: