The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

Re: The Shipyard

Postby NarnKar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:the Fifth (And sixth lmao) weapon mounts do work actually, just not for auto targeting (crashes the game) I believe that can be fixed by making proper art for said weapon mounts for auto targeting?

Nope. I tried this with brothershogo's Tengu mod, which adds proper art, but it crashes on autofire. But I'm getting a little off track here.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:59 am

NarnKar wrote:Wait, the Rebel Destroyer's a splice? Dang, Kieve, you're really good at splices.

Are we thinking of the same ship?
It's not much more than a beefed-up Elite with some flagship parts stuck in, hardly a masterwork of the trade.
(And yes, I am posting it here that others might find some use for it, since Turning the Tide was mothballed into oblivion some time ago).
MantisGeneral7

Postby MantisGeneral7 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:42 pm

I need some help :D Im a noob at this Ship combining stuff , i need someone to make me something cool pls (Federation)
The MG Fleet Is Here!
Gyrfalcon

Postby Gyrfalcon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Image
Yep, thats a space whale.
whales wip.xcf

I'm excited to see that someone else has brainstormed the introduction of space whales into FTL!
I'm not stunned by the design however, mainly the straight black lines and the belly.

But that's why it's WIP :lol:
cannonfodder

Postby cannonfodder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Kieve wrote:
NarnKar wrote:Wait, the Rebel Destroyer's a splice? Dang, Kieve, you're really good at splices.

Are we thinking of the same ship?
It's not much more than a beefed-up Elite with some flagship parts stuck in, hardly a masterwork of the trade.
(And yes, I am posting it here that others might find some use for it, since Turning the Tide was mothballed into oblivion some time ago).

I'm making an updated version of the Federation reskin of that ship by StormblaaD, he never updated it for AE and i love the design. Glad to see i have permission to make my mod available to the public! Also, I understand you made this ship too:
Its so cool! what are the modding and redistribution permissions on it?

EDIT: also i realized that the ship im asking for permission for (Rebel Capital Ship/Cruiser) is probably what you were referring too earlier when you accidentally said Destroyer in response to Currioc's ship, and then got confused when Narnkar talked about the Rebel Destroyer, which you then mentioned. Well id better get to recolouring the Capital Ship!
My name is Cannonfodder on Subset Forums, but I am also known as NotSoLoneWolf on Discord which I prefer as a name
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Need. More. Hulls.

I've been able to develop more weapons, but my muse is just dead when it comes to drawing nice hulls.

Anyone with hulls they don't want to use, or don't mind me cannibalizing, I would be greatly appreciative if you'd submit them here or just let me use them. Thanks.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 am

But wait- I don't come without gifts of my own.

Here is the Khadarin Confederation's Prahk Yol, a new Feldspar-class Battlecruiser.

Its almost finished, I just need to add a small amount of Crystalline growths to it, which I'm quite terrible at, but anyone is free to use this.

Please consider helping me (reference previous post for instructions? Or contact me?)

NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:16 am

I'm not quite sure what it is I like about that hull, but I like that hull quite a lot.
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 am

NarnKar wrote:I'm not quite sure what it is I like about that hull, but I like that hull quite a lot.

Does this mean you'll lend me your aid?

NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:13 am

What?

It looks nice. I'm not sure what to help you with?