FTL: Faster Then Light | Weapons Spreadsheet

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Kieve

Re: FTL: Faster Then Light | Weapons Spreadsheet

Postby Kieve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:55 am

Random link is random!

I know we don't exactly have "low content" rules, Sabinn, but c'mon. At least take the time to put a proper description in the post.
Sabinn

Postby Sabinn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:47 am

Kieve wrote:Random link is random!

I know we don't exactly have "low content" rules, Sabinn, but c'mon. At least take the time to put a proper description in the post.

Hi Kieve - The topic has the title "Weapons Spreadsheet" in it and there is a link contained within. My apologies for the brevity. I hope you find this contribution useful.
CobaltAthos

Postby CobaltAthos » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:16 pm

It would be helpful to have a crew damage slot, cuz even weapons other than Anti-Bio beam deal damage. Or I didn't spot that. In which case, sorry. Btw, really helpful, thank you for creating this. I'd be willing to research about crew damage though.
"Remember, losing is part of the fun! ...No, I'm serious..."
Leylite

Postby Leylite » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:41 am

It's fairly simple: conventional weapons (lasers, flak, beams, missiles) do 15 crew damage per unit hull damage. Thus, a basic laser to the room a crewman is in does 15 crew damage, a heavy laser does 30, a Glaive Beam (on a shieldless ship, to the tile the crewman is standing on) does 45, and a Breach Missile does 60.

Of course, stuns, fires, and deoxygenated breached rooms may contribute extra damage, so Breach Missiles are especially lethal to Zoltan crew.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:38 pm

I have no idea why there are notes like "|
Has a smaller target area than Flak Gun II, potentially Flak Gun I as well" when this information is readily available. Adv. Flak has a radius of 40, Flak I is a radius if 42 (10% more spread than Adv. Flak), Flak II is a radius of 55 (71% more spread than Flak I), and Flak Artillery has a radius of 35. Flak can also be shot down by Defense Drones.

Almost important is that a "low" chance for fires of breach can be 10% or 30% - DRASTICALLY different amounts. The actual numbers are much more helpful.

It's cool that you're trying to make a helpful chart, but it's not very useful when it's missing a lot of information.
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod
Sabinn

Postby Sabinn » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:24 am

Twinge wrote:I have no idea why there are notes like "|
Has a smaller target area than Flak Gun II, potentially Flak Gun I as well" when this information is readily available. Adv. Flak has a radius of 40, Flak I is a radius if 42 (10% more spread than Adv. Flak), Flak II is a radius of 55 (71% more spread than Flak I), and Flak Artillery has a radius of 35. Flak can also be shot down by Defense Drones.

Almost important is that a "low" chance for fires of breach can be 10% or 30% - DRASTICALLY different amounts. The actual numbers are much more helpful.

It's cool that you're trying to make a helpful chart, but it's not very useful when it's missing a lot of information.

Twinge - I have updated the notes in the Flak section with the information you have provided. Thank you for your contribution :)
erumsey

Postby erumsey » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:02 pm

The crystal weapons in the crystal section of the chart aren't AE. Cause everything crystal (possible exception of crystal b. Not sure though. But doesn't affect anything cause it doesn't get crystal weapons.or any weapons at all...)

As I was saying... Cause everything crystal came before AE so in the chart it doesn't need an asterix.
But ya know. Most people don't care cause crystal weapons are so rare. But ya know. The rng gods have already gifted me my Bravis and carnelian. So i ... Do care? ... But then... I don't even know anymore.