Where do I start?
Just call me Frawst.
I like XML coding.
I can't art or music for shit.
Go me.
R4V3-0N

Re: [TC][WIP] FTL:Incursion

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon May 26, 2014 11:19 am

I do not know if this is exactly a mod that is a community work, I think this is kieves private thing, even fi you do help out, kieve doesn't do not much on it that much as he is a busy man.

You have to A) wait for his response, B) make the call on a lot of things.

Not saying you shouldn't help out, buuuuut.... if you do want to help out on someones mod, work together, etc.

The Acadium, Engi Brigade, and some other mods like that would appreciate help.

(btw I'm the guy working on eb, I would like someone good at coding soon but right now I do not want to think of that part.)

As I said, not sure if kieve is a guy who wants to accept help. just giving you some options.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Frawstcrabs

Postby Frawstcrabs » Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 am

R4V3-0N wrote:I do not know if this is exactly a mod that is a community work, I think this is kieves private thing, even fi you do help out, kieve doesn't do not much on it that much as he is a busy man.

You have to A) wait for his response, B) make the call on a lot of things.

Not saying you shouldn't help out, buuuuut.... if you do want to help out on someones mod, work together, etc.

The Acadium, Engi Brigade, and some other mods like that would appreciate help.

(btw I'm the guy working on eb, I would like someone good at coding soon but right now I do not want to think of that part.)

As I said, not sure if kieve is a guy who wants to accept help. just giving you some options.

Just throwing out that I'm up for hire.

Also thanks for the suggestions.
Just call me Frawst.
I like XML coding.
I can't art or music for shit.
Go me.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon May 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Frost, I notice you've been throwing yourself at a lot of older / outdated or abandoned mods. That's not necessarily a bad thing if the creators have no intention of continuing to work on them, but such is not the case here. Best turn your attention to projects actively seeking help.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Finally got around to finishing up some older tunes.
Intended for Engi territory - at least, what's left of it.
calamitydusk

Postby calamitydusk » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Your music is really great! How are you going about creating the music? If you don't mind me asking. Are you using software?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:45 pm

Could you give us a status update, please? Of what's done, what's not yet started, and what's in progress? If not, that's fine, but I'm just curious...
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:50 am

Reading this thread in full for the first time, it seems like there's a few ideas here and there that were discarded or otherwise undiscussed, like the high-breach-chance beam (now possible post-AE). I'm sure you're aware that augments can't be forcibly removed, so this idea

Kieve wrote:Right now what I'm thinking is making the "default" end-beacon event kick you into Secret for looping, and require a renamed Stasis Pod ("Incursor IFF" for example) to break the loop and trigger other events. On entry to the next sector, the start-beacon would then call the Zoltan event that automatically removes the pod. ("The Incursor device in your hold overloads from the jump, sparking and leaking jets of plasma. Quickly, you jettison the damaged IFF before it melts through the ship's hull.")

wouldn't work unless you reminded the player to sell the augment. It's the same way with CE and augment trading.

Mostly, though, I'm curious about the Gnostic theme. Care to share some insight on that one?
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:29 am

NarnKar wrote:Reading this thread in full for the first time, it seems like there's a few ideas here and there that were discarded or otherwise undiscussed, like the high-breach-chance beam (now possible post-AE).

If/when I finally get back around to working on this properly, there's a lot of content AE enabled that I plan to make use of. It's good to know the Arc Beam can go back to what it was originally designed for.
I'm sure you're aware that augments can't be forcibly removed, so this idea wouldn't work unless you reminded the player to sell the augment. It's the same way with CE and augment trading.

I'm well aware that removing "custom" augments is impossible. That event is hardcoded specifically to the Stasis Pod and doesn't have any actual code in the XML that performs the removal.
-BUT! This is intended as a complete overhaul. I don't plan on creating an augment, merely reworking the Stasis Pod augment itself, and using <event load> to call that specific Zoltan event - albeit with some words changed around.
I don't know if it'll work, since I have yet to test it, but I'm hoping that simply changing the text won't break the event's hardcoded function.
If it doesn't work, I'll just have to think of something else.
Mostly, though, I'm curious about the Gnostic theme. Care to share some insight on that one?

The name "Archon" was a one-off that sounded good. When this snowballed into a whole big "thing," I went looking around for more stuff in the same vein, and as luck would have it Gnostic themes actually fit pretty well with Incursor ideology.
williamcll

Postby williamcll » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:36 am

Will we get more ships than just the incursion?