Lost all my ships and achievements!

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Vimle

Lost all my ships and achievements!

Postby Vimle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello!
Today after a quick reboot I lost all my progress including my ships and achievements?
Is there a way to restore my ships? It's a week worth of gameplay and I'm kinda pissed..
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Lost all my ships and achievements!

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:06 pm

If you're in Windows 7, you can right click on the new profile file and choose "Restore Previous Versions" and possibly roll back to a recent version. But you still might lose some data.

Just email me (zasdarq@ftlgame.com) a list of achievements/ships that you had and I'll happily make you another profile.

Very sorry about this.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Vimle

Postby Vimle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:30 pm

zasdarq wrote:If you're in Windows 7, you can right click on the new profile file and choose "Restore Previous Versions" and possibly roll back to a recent version. But you still might lose some data.

Just email me (zasdarq@ftlgame.com) a list of achievements/ships that you had and I'll happily make you another profile.

Very sorry about this.

Thanks for a quick reply! I will try what you said.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:49 pm

To anyone else:

If you lose all of your save data please check the save folder (My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight for Windows) for "prof.sav" and possible "prof.new.sav." If you have both, delete prof.sav and then start the game again. That has recovered it for some people.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Nionor

Postby Nionor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I just lost my ship, accidentally closed the program during a fight and when I started back up it was gone. :(
I only have prof.sav and my revert to previous version in Vista say I have none.
Achievements are still there and the new ships I gained.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Do you mean the ship you were currently playing? If you close out of the program and don't select "Save and Quit" then it won't save it :( When I have time to put out an update, I'll make sure that the game still confirms you want to quit even if you hit the X so this doesn't happen.

Sorry about this.
Nionor

Postby Nionor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Ya my current progress.
Ok, that's sad. No way to get previous save either?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm

The playthroughs are intended to be one way until you win or lose, and then you try again in a new, randomized galaxy :) They should only like 5 minutes to a couple hours each, so you don't really lose extensive progress. As you replay though you'll unlock new ships and discover new things.
Nionor

Postby Nionor » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Ok, guess I'm just a bit too careful when I play then. But I'll start over then.
Soopercardinals141

Postby Soopercardinals141 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Ok so the same thing that happened to vimle happened to me and there is only prof.sav I had 6 out of the 9 ships and I am pretty pissed I just turned off the computer for the night and then turned it back on this morning and I start back with only the first ship but now I have The Kestrel and The Torus since I thought that if I played a bit that it would be fixed. Please I spent a week and a couple of days getting these things!