Sector & Beacon changed upon reload

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Dirka

Sector & Beacon changed upon reload

Postby Dirka » Tue May 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Weirdest bug so far.

I was in a civilian sector with lots of nebulas, at a nebula beacon. Quit and reloaded, and suddenly the encounter had changed to an asteroid field in a rebel sector.

Very odd, and a bit annoying, since I was looking forward to farming the snot out of that sector...

Anyhoo, the save should be under the following link, maybe it'll shed some light:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tg0qbnx5l2as48/continue.sav

Cheers!
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Sector & Beacon changed upon reload

Postby Matthew » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 am

Did you switch systems or was it reloaded on the same computer that saved it?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Nope, same system. Didn't change anything, reloaded within 5 minutes.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:22 pm

Possibly related bug: I just continued a game that I saved+quit before, the next beacon to the right was a store, but is not anymore. Also, the current beacon is suddenly in an asteroid field, which wasn't the case before. I remember this, because I was contemplating if I should upgrade the clone bay before getting to the store to restore health a bit faster, or if I should wait to see what the store offers. After continuing, neither upgrade nor store were there, saving me from this difficult decision...

META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Same here, except on iOS client.
"Oh, yay! Got that Zoltan Shield!"
*crash*
"Oh, well. Time to reload."
*gets Envoy instead when I already have 3 Zoltans with fully trained skills on a Mantis Cruiser*
"FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................................."
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

And another one: Non-harzard beacon w/ fight turns to sun beacon.
memetics

Postby memetics » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:16 am

I've hit this bug, too, playing the basic game (advanced content disabled). I saved during combat between Kestral A and a manned rebel ship at a non-hazard beacon (rebel ship couldn't penetrate my shield, so I was safe); when later loading to continue the game, suddenly we were in the middle of an asteroid field. What the heck?

I am running the latest version of FTL (1.5.13) on Windoze 8.0.

Have the devs been able to gain any insight into this bug yet?

-m

(BTW: Great game! Just recently introduced to it. Lots of fun.)

Edit: Reloaded the game on the same system. I have no idea how to load the game on a different system; didn't realize that was even possible. -m
See when the International Space Station and other cool space objects will be visible at your location - anywhere you are on the Earth! http://www.heavens-above.com/