The Extra Features [AE Compatible Ship Mod]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
aaaaaa50

The Extra Features [AE Compatible Ship Mod]

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

A group of extreme sports enthusiasts had this decommissioned Kestrel refitted by a very trustworthy salesperson.

Yes, it's a joke ship made by someone who can't even make a custom ship hull. Inspired by The Potential, (which is a ship mod I cannot recommend highly enough,) the Extra Features has maxed subsystems (plus oxygen) but no weapons besides your ample supply of humans and a teleporter. The augments are also mostly useless. Originally this ship didn't even have a cloning system or a medbay, but the supply of spare humans dried up way too quickly. :D

As this is my first FTL mod, please tell me if it doesn't work or if you think it could be improved. Also, I claim the title of first new and original AE-exclusive ship mod. :P

Download link.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
aaaaaa50

Re: The Extra Features [AE Compatible Ship Mod]

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:38 pm

1,525 views, zero replies.

I've created a beautiful monster. *Single tear*
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:42 am

I read the original post but have nothing to add. I've no plans to play any mods until I suck the vanilla content dry and at the pace I'm going, it's going to be a while!

And thanks for the shout out to the Potential :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Congrats of first AE mod.

the hull looks so amazing, looks like it can be in game or something. (joke for the joke ship ;) )

Anyway, it's nice... I am thinking of making some AE ships but I am a tad lost without direction of superluminal xD

gw.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
T3chnetium43

Postby T3chnetium43 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 pm

This is a great, GREAT MOD! I disagree that the auguments are mostly useless, seeing as the ship relies upon its back up battery and having the wait time halved is great. ALSO, the emergency respirators are super useful for boarding drone ships.

Originally expected an OP ship but turned out to be way more fun.

A graveyard full of dead humans/10 :lol:
T3chnetium43

Postby T3chnetium43 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:06 pm

This is a great, GREAT MOD! I disagree that the auguments are mostly useless, seeing as the ship relies upon its back up battery and having the wait time halved is great. ALSO, the emergency respirators are super useful for boarding drone ships.

Originally expected an OP ship but turned out to be way more fun.

At sector 2 with the disabled fleet mod, I had a Glaive beam, a Halberd beam, a Burst laser mk III, 2 fire beams, a hull beam, defense 2 drone, combat 1 drone, a heavy laser 1, and one empty cargo space!

A graveyard full of dead humans/10 :lol:
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:18 am

T3chnetium43 wrote:At sector 2 with the disabled fleet mod, I had a Glaive beam, a Halberd beam, a Burst laser mk III, 2 fire beams, a hull beam, defense 2 drone, combat 1 drone, a heavy laser 1, and one empty cargo space!

Hate to tell ya, but that happens to everyone who disables the fleet or any other extended FTL mod. Not always as soon as sector two, though, so congrats on that. Glad you enjoyed the ship! :mrgreen: