[AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
InventorRaccoon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

[AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby InventorRaccoon » Sat May 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Any ships I make go here.

Kestrel Assault Mod - The Barrage

http://imgur.com/UCpuEdV - Hangar image.

The Barrage is a pretty simple ship - basically the Kestrel with:
Two Burst Laser MKIIs
Level 2 drone control + combat drone MKI
Level 1 engines
No medbay pre-installed
Level 4 weapons
A crew with an Engi, Zoltan, Mantis and Rock.
Stars off with Drone Recovery Arm and Weapon Pre-Igniter. (well, this is pretty overpowered.)
Blue stripes! I spent a lot of time making these stripes, since while the Kestrel seems to only have a few shades of orange, there's a TON of different colours, so I could only paint about 2-5 pixels at a time, sometimes.

Bugs:
None at the moment.

Code: Select all

CHANGLOGS
v1.0 First version.
v1.1 Door system has been added at start, medbay has been removed from start. Pilot room (formerly teleporters) now can be entered and exited. Layout of ship has been slightly altered. Airlocks now suck out oxygen. Teleporters are now 4 man instead of 2 man.



This is a pretty good ship, I made it to the 3rd stage of the boss when I just got overloaded with fires. Get a flak cannon MKII, some cloak, shields and engines, and you will be able to defeat the boss if you are lucky. Have fun!

Video by Bren Tenkage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii0PE7EKovM
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzusggoemmexuhs/The_Barrage_Cruiser.ftl
-------------------------------------------------------
Lanius Mining Cruiser - The Splicer

http://imgur.com/ZyiCXA9 - Hangar image.

The Splicer is a Lanius Cruiser refitted for mining, and refitted again for combat. It is equipped with a scavenged Vindicator Beam for cutting metal (mostly ships) apart, which is well optimized (aka it's level 2) and charges quickly. It has room for 4 drones, and comes with 2 mining drones (aka anti-ship beam drones). To make room for these however, the amount of weapon mounts had to be reduced to 2. It also does not come with much firepower to use with the weapons system (comes with 2 ion blasts, starts with 2 power for weapons).

In the future the beam will be changed to either a breach beam, breach missiles swarm, breach laser swarm or some kind of ion weapon.

Bugs:
None at the moment.

Code: Select all

CHANGLOGS
v1.0 First version.
v1.1 Multiple systems moved to front of ship. Artillery now starts at level 2. All rooms of moved systems have been removed, they stuck out too much.


Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?lybheyiib7y8s6r


Use with Slipstream Mod Manager: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102
Made with Superluminal2 by kartoFlane: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901
Last edited by InventorRaccoon on Mon May 26, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Barrage Cruiser

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun May 25, 2014 3:59 am

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
InventorRaccoon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Barrage Cruiser

Postby InventorRaccoon » Sun May 25, 2014 1:44 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii0PE7EKovM&feature=youtu.be

I had fun with this ^_^ great mod

Thanks for reviewing my mod! I'll try and fix the weird glitches in your video.
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Barrage Cruiser

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun May 25, 2014 5:17 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii0PE7EKovM&feature=youtu.be

I had fun with this ^_^ great mod

Thanks for reviewing my mod! I'll try and fix the weird glitches in your video.


no problem, still had a lot of fun with this ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
InventorRaccoon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Barrage Cruiser

Postby InventorRaccoon » Sun May 25, 2014 7:24 pm

All issues show in Bren Tenkage's video should be resolved. I re-tested and all airlocks function, and all rooms are enter able and exitable. Hooray.
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1128
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [AE][SHIP] The Barrage Cruiser

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun May 25, 2014 7:27 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:All issues show in Bren Tenkage's video should be resolved. I re-tested and all airlocks function, and all rooms are enter able and exitable. Hooray.


good ta know ^_^ But when I tried to download it I just got the same ship. might want to show a difference to the file in that case, and perhaps put my video up in the first post, along with anyone else who makes a video on your ship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: [AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 am

Those hulls look pretty cool and I like the concept of both ships. My only criticism is that the Lanius ship's room layout is a bit cluttered. Fantastic job though. I. Look forward to seeing more of your ships in the future.
InventorRaccoon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: [AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby InventorRaccoon » Mon May 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Those hulls look pretty cool and I like the concept of both ships. My only criticism is that the Lanius ship's room layout is a bit cluttered. Fantastic job though. I. Look forward to seeing more of your ships in the future.

So I should spread systems out more, or rooms out more? I want to make these ships as good as they can be, not overpower, not underpowered, and not weird looking.

Thanks for liking my hulls. The Barrage was recoloured in Paint and then had its white backround removed with GIMP, and the Splicer had its cyan hue and saturation changed with a browser editor called Pixlr, but since I changed the hue, the ship glows blue. The previous version of the hull (green lights) glowed purple, lol.
Russian Rockman
Posts: 819
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Re: [AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 4:00 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Those hulls look pretty cool and I like the concept of both ships. My only criticism is that the Lanius ship's room layout is a bit cluttered. Fantastic job though. I. Look forward to seeing more of your ships in the future.

So I should spread systems out more, or rooms out more? I want to make these ships as good as they can be, not overpower, not underpowered, and not weird looking.

Thanks for liking my hulls. The Barrage was recoloured in Paint and then had its white backround removed with GIMP, and the Splicer had its cyan hue and saturation changed with a browser editor called Pixlr, but since I changed the hue, the ship glows blue. The previous version of the hull (green lights) glowed purple, lol.


Sorry, I meant that the ship just has A LOT of rooms and some of them hang out of the hull a bit too far. I get you were trying to do something different with the Lanius ship though, I'm not sure exactly how to fix that...

If you want to make the ship less OP also, let it start with a level 1 Vindicator Beam only. Also, another idea to make the ship unique would be to give it a modified Vindicator beam to make it more "Laniusy." You could make the beam a bit shorter, a bit slower, remove the fire chance, and instead give it a breach chance of 2-3. It would be
more like the mining beams from CE then.

Any ideas for more ships in the future? ;)
InventorRaccoon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: [AE] InventorRaccoon's Shipyard

Postby InventorRaccoon » Mon May 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
InventorRaccoon wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Those hulls look pretty cool and I like the concept of both ships. My only criticism is that the Lanius ship's room layout is a bit cluttered. Fantastic job though. I. Look forward to seeing more of your ships in the future.

So I should spread systems out more, or rooms out more? I want to make these ships as good as they can be, not overpower, not underpowered, and not weird looking.

Thanks for liking my hulls. The Barrage was recoloured in Paint and then had its white backround removed with GIMP, and the Splicer had its cyan hue and saturation changed with a browser editor called Pixlr, but since I changed the hue, the ship glows blue. The previous version of the hull (green lights) glowed purple, lol.


Sorry, I meant that the ship just has A LOT of rooms and some of them hang out of the hull a bit too far. I get you were trying to do something different with the Lanius ship though, I'm not sure exactly how to fix that...

If you want to make the ship less OP also, let it start with a level 1 Vindicator Beam only. Also, another idea to make the ship unique would be to give it a modified Vindicator beam to make it more "Laniusy." You could make the beam a bit shorter, a bit slower, remove the fire chance, and instead give it a breach chance of 2-3. It would be
more like the mining beams from CE then.

Any ideas for more ships in the future? ;)

1. I am currently removing the sticky-outy back parts, where O2, Engines and Battery were. O2 is moving to the front, so is Battery, and engines is now where Drones used to be, and Drones is underneath Artillery. Also, where artillery used to be is removed, and the other part on the other side of the ship, where Cloaking used to be are being removed, and those are being put next to Piloting.

2. I am nerfing it to level 2. This ship was designed to be used drones and artillery together. I will change the beam to be different once Superluminal adds that in. Don't worry about that part.

3. I'm not really sure, I want to make a giant auto-ship that is designed to not use crew (like the Auto-Cruiser but with Slug-Repair Gel) and use drones, and I want to make a ship that has two auto-scouts/assaults as part of the hull, each with their own systems. I also want to try and make a group of auto-things as a ship. First idea is not going to work right now because I can't splice at all to make the hull, and second idea and third won't work because it's hard to get the drone sizes right so I can put rooms in them.

I could just get someone else to do the hull images though.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests