FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.215/Inf 1.215/EL 1.215

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

maybe SS should make a horror themed sector, things like your crew thinking they saw shadows, someone complaining about 'visions' or an ai malfunctioning, strange ship encounters (like enemy ships with breaches on the hull with no crew inside or oxygen attacking you), etc. Maybe use the 'Horror' track that was going to be the original Slug theme. :)

Nothing to 'creepy', just a dark tone over it and mystery, maybe a few events related to some events, some crew members being killed mysteriously, while new ones appear out of the blue.

maybe some of those events you go check to see your clone bay to find your crew only to find it powered down.

Idk, this is just a mix match of ideas from the ftl piece 'horror', some ghost events and the race ghosts, etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Wed May 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I did not find any other sites with limitless download bandwidth and reasonable amount of cloudspace so far.

What about http://www.nexusmods.com/fasterthanlight/? ?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 21, 2014 12:29 pm

Saizew wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:I did not find any other sites with limitless download bandwidth and reasonable amount of cloudspace so far.

Nexus for FTL EXISTS?!?!?

Someone should make that the main FTL mod website.... I mean it's so much better then having over 20 different download websites as it confusses people, also how sometimes the folder is a ZIP, rar, .ftl, etc....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed May 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I'm aware that mediafire is not an optimal hosting site but unless anyone suggests a feasible alternative, you'll be stuck with it. I did not find any other sites with limitless download bandwidth and reasonable amount of cloudspace so far.

*distant howls* Toooooorent, toooooorent!
Although, I understand that it require seeding first, which may be not optimal for you. Or it doesn't - mediafire and torrent combo resulted in me checking torrent availability - usually, at least 20 people were seeding already, which meant better speed than in mediafire by a factor of 2, at least. In unlikely case that no one was seeding, I grabbed mediafire file myself, and started seeding immediately, pointing torrent to downloaded file.

Although, we're getting a little side-topic'ed here, as mediafire, while temperamental, isn't *that* bad. Even for me, who doesn't use add-block. Although I'm not best example, as I use no-script and selective scripting whitelist. Which does the same as add-block + triple as much, without pestering with downloading any 3th party lists ;)

/Estel
CoryStarkiller

Postby CoryStarkiller » Wed May 21, 2014 8:20 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
Saizew wrote:

Nexus for FTL EXISTS?!?!?

Someone should make that the main FTL mod website.... I mean it's so much better then having over 20 different download websites as it confusses people, also how sometimes the folder is a ZIP, rar, .ftl, etc....

The Nexus opened its doors to all games a few months ago.
fugu

Postby fugu » Thu May 22, 2014 1:03 am

I've found a bug with the Hull Ripper prefix when applied to adaptive beams. When adaptive beams reach their max, say, 3 damage for an adaptive beam II, the damage multiplier is only applied to its starting damage. So when an HR Adapt. Beam II hits a system-less room, it only does 4 damage instead of 6.
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu May 22, 2014 3:16 am

Well, correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK it is still the first victory on CE and "Hard" difficulty level that we know about:
http://s13.postimg.org/hkfr2p347/ce_hard.jpg

What a super-hyper upgraded Red Tail (with all systems and weapons one can dream about) wasn't able to do, was done by only moderately equipped Mantis B aka TheShipThatMostPeopleCryAboutBeingUnderPoweredInCE, aka TheInFactMostPowerfullShipInFTLCeOrVanillaDoesntMatterAsSoonAsYouManageToGetPastFewStartingSectors ;) If you still think boarders are underpowered in CE, take a look at this winner equipment, and ask yourself, what any other ship would be able to do with so laughable weapons (BTW, adaptive was bought in Sector 7, replacing Hasta, and Artemis missile - the one that Kestrel starts with - on sector 6, replacing... Leto.). Sure, it was a lucky "barely" win (I managed to avoid damage at 2x last boss superweapon outbursts, a single stray hit would send me into the all-to-known junkyard)

Anyway, to make boarding anyone and everyone a piece of cake, I installed hacking system, which in 90% of cases was used to hack enemy's medbay, after luring full enemy staff there, by sending Mantises there. After activating hacker, as you may imagine, it was a quick bloody bath, even bigger than average episode of GoT ;) Via the same method - just after destroying Ion and Beam - I've eliminated crew of Flagship in phase 1. Crew of countless Rebel Cruisers and battleships meet the same fate on the way through all 8 sectors.

Ah, the thing important to mention is that I've bought Zoltan Bypass unit in sector 7, which helped greatly in phase 3 (and "helped" seems like an epic understatement, I suppose, considering how long it took me to neutralize zoltan super-shield, even without saving rockets). BTW, the first attempt at phase 3 started with Flagship disabling my - of course - teleporter, so I jumped away (leaving flagship to happily pound Fed base a little), and returned, this time getting shield weakened, as seen on picture. Anticipation boss fight, I've produced something like 35 rockets in various beacons of sector 7, via ammo manufacturer (it was a nebula, so many empty sectors), which I was carrying with me since sector 5, almost not used before.

All in all, the final fight was a tough one, but the whole run almost relaxing - to the point that I was almost certain that I can't win it, as it goes too smooth.

Thank you, Sleeper (and all people credited) for creating CE and making a win on hard the thing that *really* feels like an achievement!

Cheers,
/Estel
gr3yh47

Postby gr3yh47 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Thank you so much for this incredible mod. I love it!

created an account here just so i could post a crash report

slug cruiser, second section of nebula deep space, crashed jumping to a beacon.

picture: http://i.imgur.com/omEyZIw.png

details:

the picture is after i reloaded my crash save and successfully made the same jump that crashed the game

the game initially crashed jumping from 1 to 2

2, 3, and 4 were nebulas before the crash, after reloading they were not. the other nebulas pictured on the map i believe were not nebulas prior to the crash.

after the crash i reloaded and successfully jumped, and the mantis convoy event occurred.

my executable is patched with the large address aware program. I used 64 bit Java for slipstream mod manager when i initially installed the mods.

mods installed (shown in order patched) : http://i.imgur.com/oO9wzcA.png

event log entry:

Code: Select all

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          5/22/2014 10:32:41 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:     (computername)
Description:
Faulting application name: FTLGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x53466ff2
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e17a
Faulting process id: 0xdb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf75c4dd5deef4
Faulting application path: (ftldirectory)\FTLGame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu May 22, 2014 3:03 pm

gr3yh47 wrote:2, 3, and 4 were nebulas before the crash, after reloading they were not. the other nebulas pictured on the map i believe were not nebulas prior to the crash.

Indeed - I have noticed that after recovering from the crash, nebulas close to player stay the same, but regions further away (de-)nebulae'ize randomly. I haven't checked if it can happen with normal save+quit, too. Might be worth mentioning to FTL devs as a bug.

/Estel
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:49 am

Hey all,

No bug report this time, just a quick question.

There's been some chatter on my channel proclaiming the following.
1. When playing with vanilla ships loadout, the artillery system will always be just the beam (except for fed-C)
2. EL shouldn't be used without Inf as it is to OP otherwise

So is any of this true? I have no reason to distrust the persons saying this but I would like to try out the artillery and wouldn't really want to wait untill I've done a rn with every C-layout on vanilla load outs.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.