FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
katz

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby katz » Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Where to put Expanded Enemy Window 1.1? Before all of the other mods or after?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue May 13, 2014 7:44 pm

katz wrote:Where to put Expanded Enemy Window 1.1? Before all of the other mods or after?

Doesn't matter.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Tue May 13, 2014 7:47 pm

katz wrote:Where to put Expanded Enemy Window 1.1? Before all of the other mods or after?

The general rule is that you should install smaller mods after bigger ones as it is less likely they will be overwritten. Expanded enemy window only changes one thing, so it should go after everything else. But yes in this particular case it doesn't matter.
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Tue May 13, 2014 9:43 pm

According to the Changelog, "- Repair gear is no longer available in CE Infinite"...
So, what's about the "Hull repair Burst I" you can get from Engi-engineer-Event?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Saizew wrote:According to the Changelog, "- Repair gear is no longer available in CE Infinite"...
So, what's about the "Hull repair Burst I" you can get from Engi-engineer-Event?

Thats the thing I did not think off. :?

Mr. Mister wrote: Where to put Expanded Enemy Window 1.1? Before all of the other mods or after?
Doesn't matter.

Yep.

Revenant wrote:Hi again ! just want to inform of 1 minor bug and another more serious
first a weapon of the endless loot only shoot black squares ( i read the description, and checked the mod order and the patch, its all in the correct order and activated, the weapon is one Ion like, i will check the exact name later)

It would be helpful to know which weapon that was exactly... ;)

Revenant wrote:with endless space activated, i arrived to an automated sector, and entered the nano clouds only to see them, but my game crashes inmediatly, i reloaded the game, entered again in the nano cloud and the same happened, dont know if this is fixable buy i know its hard to maintain all the mods u are doing !

I'll look into that.
Revenant

Postby Revenant » Tue May 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Dont remember the name of the weapon, but its very caracteristic, that Ion weapon that pierces shields and stun the system u aim.
And I dont know if this help but in the crash it said something with assertion and microsoft visuals + (couldnt copy text sorry),
P.D i dont think its from my computer cause i never had a crash before in FTL or other game
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:50 am

Ok... this "Zoltan Secret Victory" thing is seriously stressing me ou-

Ok... this new victory is really bugging m-

ALRIGHT, this Secret Victory has made me put around +15 hours back into FTL... :lol:

But seriously, I'm out of ideas... Without spoiling the entire thing, I want to know what I have to do next after fully upgraded shields. Thats it. WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOOO :? I MUST FIND OUT ON MY OWN.... (of course, with a little cheating from my fellow forum posters :roll: )
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Wed May 14, 2014 2:19 am

Torchwood202 wrote:Ok... this "Zoltan Secret Victory" thing is seriously stressing me ou-

Ok... this new victory is really bugging m-

ALRIGHT, this Secret Victory has made me put around +15 hours back into FTL... :lol:

But seriously, I'm out of ideas... Without spoiling the entire thing, I want to know what I have to do next after fully upgraded shields. Thats it. WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOOO :? I MUST FIND OUT ON MY OWN.... (of course, with a little cheating from my fellow forum posters :roll: )

I know you'll need a few different kinds of crew, I don't know which ones. ;)

NEW ACHIEVEMENT, get the Secret Diplomatic Victory AND don't attack, or at least don't kill, any ships your entire playthrough. :twisted:

EDIT: @ Sleeper, kartoflane says that encased systems can be a thing again maybe if you place a room directly under another room. Or I guess you could think of it as adding a blank room on top of the encased system room. I'm not sure how this works with drone targeting though, but he said that's what he did for his AI Cruiser. Might be worth trying...
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 am

Now, know what else would be interesting, apart from the peaceful ending? A victory route consisting on a train of blue choices that starts at the flagship AI awakening event window. Something about either negotiating with said AI isntead, or plain preventing said AI from awakening, probably requiring a hacking system, an internal generator, an internal effector and a weapon-mounteed effector, and an AI Avatar on the crew.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Now, know what else would be interesting, apart from the peaceful ending? A victory route consisting on a train of blue choices that starts at the flagship AI awakening event window. Something about either negotiating with said AI isntead, or plain preventing said AI from awakening, probably requiring a hacking system, an internal generator, an internal effector and a weapon-mounteed effector, and an AI Avatar on the crew.

Wow that would be a third, even more secret ending. Sounds cool. :)

Russian Rockman wrote:NEW ACHIEVEMENT, get the Secret Diplomatic Victory AND don't attack, or at least don't kill, any ships your entire playthrough. :twisted:

Part of the reason for making this alternative ending was to enable true pacifist runs. ;) I theories, you can "beat" the game without destroying a ship or killing a single enemy crew member. The Zoltan ships even make this a little easier, because you can get more out of surrender and have a trade advantage with Zoltan B. It is still a pretty big challenge to get all the necessary upgrades on the way though. I doubt anyone has done a true pacifist run that so far.