FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Sure, send them over. I'm already done with the weapon blueprints. But I also want to do some individually place custom weapon graphics, so that the artillery is actually visible when installed, so it still needs some more time to complete.

Alright I'll send you all the graphics, hopefully they will be useable. If you could get the artillery to work like the Vindicator animation mod that would be fantastic! In fact you should probably integrate that animation into CE.

Mr. Mister wrote:An interesting player artillery would be something like 12-shots 0-damage breach-causing light laser. No crew damage.

You'd need to synchronize the artillery with your own weapons so it fires while the enemy shields are down, since 0-damage lasers don't bring shield bubbles down.

That sounds good for Lanius because it causes breaches. It would be good for Mantis too, but I feel stun weapons are better for Mantis.

Also, I feel like most "player" artillery should be able to pierce shields to some degree because that's kind of the point. Or at least have the "ability" to pierce shields, like a laser artillery would have about 5 shots so at least 1 should get through and obviously it would be better if the shields were already down. I don't think the buyable artillery should be as strong as the Federation one though.

By giving enemy ships artillery it would change up tactics in a fight because it will be a bit harder to keep their weapons down. You could make enemy artillery either somewhat powerful like the player or you could just make it generic weapons attached to an artillery system like was said before. I believe it should be possible to randomize the artillery used by enemy ships by calling from a list of ships that are basically copies of one another, but with different artillery weapons.

Saizew wrote:@Sleeper Service

Do you plan to integrate the Crew Graphics of LordTrilobite as "full" part of CE or as choosable modular sub-add-on? Although i appreciate the efforts and work of that mod, i wish it would be in kind of a sub-add-on, especially with thinking on the other crew-diversity mod oncoming somewhen in the future.

Although i think that mod is incredibly awesome!!! I also believe that, because it is such a big change from vanilla, some people may wish not to use it.

Perhaps a good thing to do would be to release the compatible version of the Crew graphics mod alongside a "standalone" version of your CEPM skins for AE. That way people who wanted to use just that or people who wanted to use Crew Graphics for CE could.
oesis

Postby oesis » Mon May 12, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm using CE with endless loot, and Ive run into a couple of crashes. Should I report them in future, or not since 2 mods at once?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Sure, this is the thread for both this mods, you can submit them here.

Russian Rockman wrote:Although i think that mod is incredibly awesome!!! I also believe that, because it is such a big change from vanilla, some people may wish not to use it.

Perhaps a good thing to do would be to release the compatible version of the Crew graphics mod alongside a "standalone" version of your CEPM skins for AE. That way people who wanted to use just that or people who wanted to use Crew Graphics for CE could.

I don't think adding this is such a big deal. Everything I outsource makes the whole mod maintenance more complicated and annoying. Plus: I love these images and I think everyone should see them. If some people are seriously annoyed by them (what I doubt) then someone can easily create a patch that reverts the crew sheets to their vanilla or CE standard state.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon May 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Playing FTL now for the first time since just before AE came out. Damn single-shot laser MkI having the exact same cooldown as the flak cannon MkI, it costed me a Redtail run at Sector 2 because I could not get two damn consecutiove lasers to hit the target, and each enemy volley was four shots.

Zoltan surrender outcome text typo: "You can contacting". Try useing "You contact" or "You can now contact".

Also, coming back to default CE from sMPK isn't that easy. I miss what slowie did with the long beams, and speaking of which: I know it has no effect in-game, but maybe it's time you name the Scythe's model "scythe_whatev.png" and the flail's "flail_whatev.png" and not the opposite like they're now.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I don't think adding this is such a big deal. Everything I outsource makes the whole mod maintenance more complicated and annoying. Plus: I love these images and I think everyone should see them. If some people are seriously annoyed by them (what I doubt) then someone can easily create a patch that reverts the crew sheets to their vanilla or CE standard state.

You're right. That's how I started modding in the first place was just to change and mix and max other people's mods to get them the way I wanted. It's honestly not hard at all to do little things like that, but some people are just too lazy to learn. :lol:
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:I know it has no effect in-game, but maybe it's time you name the Scythe's model "scythe_whatev.png" and the flail's "flail_whatev.png" and not the opposite like they're now.

:lol: I don't think it's time yet.
Backdraft99

Postby Backdraft99 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 pm

The Slug type B seems to have a broken weapon that crashes the game on use.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 13, 2014 12:03 am

Are you using the current version of EL? Cause I'm pretty sure that this is fixed now.
Backdraft99

Postby Backdraft99 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:08 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Are you using the current version of EL? Cause I'm pretty sure that this is fixed now.

Everything, including EL, is latest version.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue May 13, 2014 12:27 am

Odd, I was sure I got that... Should work now.

Endless Loot 1.0d for CE Infinite
- Slug B loadout fixed for real