FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Mr. Mister

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0b

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun May 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Yo R4V3-0N, since you're so talented in creating new ships, I realized there is one type of enemy ship CE still doesn't have (unless it does and I missed its implementation): A station with an artillery system.

You know how the auto-satelltes are stated to be defense turrets in some events? Well, I was wondering if there could be a true turret-filled defense station, designed as to have weapon systems independent from each other as to minimize firepower losses from localized system damage.

Is it possible to, say, put multiple instances of ARTILLERY_1 (that is, the triple heavy laser burst from the flagship and those militia ships) on a single ship? Instead of taking down the cannons one by one, you'd do better with trying to desync them first.

Wouldn't that be interesting? If used on optional-fight events, you'd really think twice before engaging them as per your scrap-collecting routine.

On another note: artillery system on asteroid-craved station taht shoots, well, asteroids. Thoughts?

BTW, do zero-area rooms still make the game crash? If they don't, I thought of something fun iunvolving a phantom space dragon.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Well I am not to sure on how the coding works now and I'm just the guy that makes the hulls, I am not to familiar with enemy artillery. I will give it a shot after cleaning up the Crystal station. Making it able to fit and such.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 11, 2014 7:02 pm

The thing is that this would make these enemies very static, fights against them would have way less variation than fighting enemies with normal weapon systems. I plan making player artillery available to new enemy classes once that is in though, which will have a similar effect (enemies that have their offensive capabilities spread out over several but ultimately weaker systems).

Endless Loot 1.0c for CE Infinite
- Slug B loadout fixed
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun May 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Yeah, unless that enemy is rare enough to, say, only appear in one or two sector-specific events. Then they would fit as, instead of a ship carring a variety of weapons, more like one of those weapon configurations inside such variety.

Plus, a turret-filled station would look pretty badass. Not sure about the theme though; the rebels hadn't had the time to develop those heavy stationary defense structures. What about an abandoned sector, with said turret cluster station's origing being a previous war involving the current Federation?

You could even hint at the current Federation coming from a past rebellion.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 7:37 pm

I have a slight idea on how things could work for the auto artillery.

Maybe give it an (invisible) weapon that will be mounted at the point of the weapon(s) that is on the hull image.

OR making it more like the ship with the big guns, having things like burst laser mk IV's, Artillery, Vulcan, Glaive beam, Titan, etc. I am not that sure, just throwing some ideas around.

Back to the crystal station.

Fits in enemy screen (barely, but will have more room with expanded window mod :? )
can have rooms on it
and it still looks similar to the original concept.

If this fails, then I can start from scratch, I do have some other ideas...

It doesn't really matter, really. I can accept if somethings not going to work.

Edit: this is a bit more rough then earlier, I do not want to spend a lot of time and effort polishing up to learn that it was all for nothing and I need to cut away those parts or start over etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
kuffey

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.21/Inf 1.21/EL 1.0

Postby kuffey » Sun May 11, 2014 7:49 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:YEAH. TRUE DAT!!! GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY BACK SLEEPER!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: Oh wait... This is a free mod, strange. Why do you seem so pissed then? 8-)

Huh you know what else is weird? %99 of people who try this mod out instantly love it. Before the Advanced Edition came out more people were Let's Playing this mod then normal FTL. And many of them were winning about the same amount of time they would in normal FTL.

The vanilla game is exactly the same as this mod? I guess they made easy mode for people like you, but maybe it's still too hard for the mentally handicapped. The developers should've included an even easier option to make the game accessible to even more people, I agree with you there. Though, I'm just confused why you bought even normal FTL then? :?

It sounds like you just had some bad luck. In normal FTL literally every single enemy up until sector 3 has an Asteria which fires way faster than the 4 damage missiles, you should have had plenty of time to take out the 4 damage missile launcher before it even fired. Then you would have taken no damage as opposed to 1 or 2.

Also, this mod adds about 16 new defense drones, in addition to the vanilla ones, and only 2 of those are the slow firing ones you mentioned. You should google what "half" means, it means %50. OK :D Elementary math time kuffey, 2 / 16 = .125 or %12.5. That isn't half. And that's not even including the rarity levels of the different drones, the long reloading defense drones were only even added to balance the OP defense drones this mod added like the Defense 3 which reloads in 0.25 seconds.

Do you have any idea how much time has been spent making this mod? Everyone else enjoys this mod so maybe you should try it out for more than 5 minutes. Or go find an easier game that takes less intelligence to play, because no one wants to ever see you here again.

Perhaps if you wanted to make yourself useful instead of being a massive pile of redundant protoplasm you could, in a civilized manner, suggest some specific changes you think would make the mod more balanced.

Right now nobody gives a flying fuck about what you think. :P Now please, make like a good little malfunctioning auto-ship and blow up your core.

@ Everyone else: Please nobody else respond to this idiot. I've done it so you don't have to. They're probably just trolling anyway. "Posts: 1" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this your retarded rage? Your lack of ability to even read anything I wrote, and respond with paragraphs of your autistic, waste of breath fury amazes me.

I have come to the conclusion, of hang yourself.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Note to self: Never anger the Russian Rockman, He'll coat you with vodka then set you on fire.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun May 11, 2014 8:21 pm

I would prefer if you all keep a polite and respectful tone here. Maybe everyone can try to calm down again? :roll:

R4V3-0N wrote:Fits in enemy screen (barely, but will have more room with expanded window mod :? )
can have rooms on it
and it still looks similar to the original concept.

If this fails, then I can start from scratch, I do have some other ideas...

It doesn't really matter, really. I can accept if somethings not going to work.

Neat, that size will do. A little overlap is no problem.
Cirxe123

FTL-CE Crashes

Postby Cirxe123 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

I'm still experiencing crashes with FTL Captain's Edition even though I have completed all the steps in the troubleshooting area of the post. The crashes are random and spontaneous. Most of the time they will happen right after the loading screen although sometimes they will occur after the game has loaded and taken me to the main menu and then will crash when I click on "New Game". Other times it will crash at my first jump to another beacon. It will also sometimes crash as I go to the next sector (I have only made it to sector 2 without the game crashing). I have attempted to allocate more memory to FTLgame.exe, but this to has not stopped the crashes. The crashes will sometimes delete my progress if I have game that I can continue as well. The game seems to go the farthest without crashing if I have restarted my computer. If anyone has any recommendations as of what to do, that would be great
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:05 am

Hint: You need a cert defensive and non-combat related ship upgrades, as well as a diverse crew. ;)

For the love of all things FTL, I cannot get full shields AND (what I assume to be the defensive ship system) full cloak... this Zoltan thing is really bugging me... I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND HOOOOOOWWWW????

... Yet, this is what is making me play even moar FTL than usual. Sooooo I'll keep trying :lol: