[MOD] Overpopulation 0.043 {abandoned}

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NonPlayableYoshi

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.012 {WIP}

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm

theDoomBox wrote:This mod. Is amazing.

I see. So I got the mod...and I have no words. but no its not amazing. Love the idea. still not amazing. anybody wanting to ask "WHAT IS THIS?" I say download this mod. oh and put the mod in a .ftl format not .zip
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.012 {WIP}

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:32 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:oh and put the mod in a .ftl format not .zip

I don't know if this message is to me or anyone who downloads the file.

I would put it in .ftl format, except the forum doesn't allow .ftl files to be attached to posts. (Someone should see if that can be changed.) The file is small enough (Size limit for attachments is 256 KB) that it is easier to just upload it onto the forum rather than go through another site.

Alternatively, Slipstream Mod Manager has a setting that allows it to read .zip files, since that is what .ftl files are. If people turned that option on, then they wouldn't need to rename it.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.022 {WIP}

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:51 am

Updated to 0.022! The number represents how many files are changed, so ten more graphics have been added. That equals five bomb launchers and their bombs.

Recap:
From 0.012 - Humans (2) replace basic/burst lasers. Zoltans (2) replace ions. Rocks (5) ride on missiles. Mantises (1) replace heavy/hull lasers. Crystals (2) replace crystal shards; not crystal vengeance.
Added in 0.022 - Engi (2) are used in the Small Bomb. Rocks (2) are used in the Breach Bombs. Zoltans (2) are used in the Ion Bomb. Slugs (2) are used in the Fire Bomb. Crystals (2) are used in the Lockdown Bomb.

Editing the bombs turned out to be easier than I expected, once I noticed how the actual projectile graphic is used in the bomb launcher graphic. The crew teleport graphics matched up quite nicely. :mrgreen:
RAD-82

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.043 {WIP}

Postby RAD-82 » Sun May 11, 2014 7:07 am

Updated to include AE weapons!

Replaced asteroid projectiles with Rocks. Thought about the background, but that seemed like more work than I felt like doing. :oops:

More Zoltans for the new AE ion weapons.

Flak consists of three graphics. Two of these deal damage and are now Lanius. The harmless one is a bit smaller, so I used the torso of an Engi from the death animation because the missing arms allowed it to fit. I have no idea how this will look in the game.

Replaced the Rock in the Breach bomb with a Lanius. Replaced the Engi in the Small bomb with a Rock. Engi is now in the new Repair bomb.
Stormbringer

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.043 {abandoned}

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:17 pm

this is among the most funniest mods ever created :P
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
elijahdb

Re: [MOD] Overpopulation 0.043 {abandoned}

Postby elijahdb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:48 pm

This made my day. :D
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.