FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.209/EL 0.98i

Postby Estel » Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

Well, I think that "ship detected" should remain only for ships (aka, moving targets). But I think that enemy PDS and ABS is very cool idea for a "killer" event :D (especially, that in most ABS events outside rebel fleet, you can hack ABS to support YOU via blue events, balancing odds).

/Estel
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:06 am

Got a bug report.
When I activated the Rad. Heavy Anti-Ship MKII it would just fly around the enemy ship like it should but it doesn't fire anything. I have tried this multiple times and the same thing happens every time.
This is using the latest CE files. Includes all addons like endless loot and infinite space.
Here's a screenshot of the drone in question.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h45 ... ydrone.png
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 09, 2014 9:31 am

Estel wrote:Well, I think that "ship detected" should remain only for ships (aka, moving targets). But I think that enemy PDS and ABS is very cool idea for a "killer" event :D (especially, that in most ABS events outside rebel fleet, you can hack ABS to support YOU via blue events, balancing odds).

/Estel

I would have done it that way if it would be possible, but the background can only be changed globally at the beginning of that event. I'll look into that drone prefix...
burningvigor

Postby burningvigor » Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 pm

This mod is awesome but I think I found 2 bugs.. or perhaps I dont know how to use the weapon correctly.

One was a bio weapon 4 or something like that. It does no damage to hull, but only to the enemies. When I let it rip onto an enemy it doesn't shoot. But when it finally does decide to do something, nothing comes out but it still depletes the charge. Doesn't do any damage or have any effect.

Another one was the weapon that does more damage the longer it concentrates on a single target(says something about shoots well against shield.. not sure what that means). When I lock onto a target, sometime it just refuses to shoot and will stay ready to fire until I click crazy on a target.

EDIT: When I surrendered to a slug ship they took my supplies, but there weapons kept firing onto me. I couldn't lock onto them though.
BeaudoinC

Postby BeaudoinC » Fri May 09, 2014 7:15 pm

TomLane wrote:Hope this is the right place to post this.

I downloaded the mod yesterday and immediately encountered a bug where a pirate ship had two systems in the same room (piloting and clone bay). The clone bay was 'covered' by the piloting, and could not be attacked or disabled. This meant game over for my Mantis B run.

Enjoying the mod otherwise.

This happened to me as well, and I have a picture but I am not sure how to put it in the post so I will attach it.

Edit: or not. it doesn't want to show it.

Edit 2:There we go. This happened during a slaver event.
burningvigor

Postby burningvigor » Fri May 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Can we use infinite loot without turning on infinte mode?

I would like to have those huge variations while playing Captains edition without infinite.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri May 09, 2014 8:03 pm

burningvigor wrote:One was a bio weapon 4 or something like that. It does no damage to hull, but only to the enemies. When I let it rip onto an enemy it doesn't shoot. But when it finally does decide to do something, nothing comes out but it still depletes the charge. Doesn't do any damage or have any effect.

I also saw a stealth beam drone that fired and had nothing come out of it when watching a lets play. I'm not sure if this is related to the custom projectiles???

Thank you for reporting bugs by the way burningvigor. :) It helps Sleeper out a lot.

burningvigor wrote:Can we use infinite loot without turning on infinte mode?
I would like to have those huge variations while playing Captains edition without infinite.

Although Endless Loot is designed for Infinite there is a "standard" version that can be used in regular CE, check the OP under endless loot again.
burningvigor

Postby burningvigor » Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Ah whoops I'm blind.

For some reason I was thinking that was for standard FTL CE version.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Since "that Pirate Homeworlds" is just floating around, I think I'll attach a temporary anchor to it.

Introducing the all new and original (probably) sector idea, the...

AI Homeworlds DUN DUN DUUUUUN

The AI Homeworlds wasn't always what it is... once, it was the main hub for factories and shipyards. Now, the AI's have taken control and are pumping out war machines left, right, and even sideways.

It is believed that inside this sector, heavily guarded, is the Computer Mainframe, the life-force of all AIs everywhere...

Think of this sector as the "Hazard Sector", but crawling with physical enemies to fight instead of natural weather/space/flux problems.
Also thinking of a new boss-level enemy, the Computer Mainframe. The Computer Mainframe would be heavily guarded, and would most likely be a station, not a ship.

This sector could also be the bane of boarding parties everywhere, considering AI ships don't have Life Support. It would be hilarious if you meet a Mantis ship in this sector, comically complaining about it.
The Lanius, however, could board and destroy these ships... but that could take some time.

If this pikes anyone's interest, maybe I'll write more.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri May 09, 2014 9:46 pm

You are not aware that there already is the AI controlled sector, right? Cause what you described is pretty much exactly what that sector is. ;) It's a red one and it can only appear once per run, at sector five or later. Have fun there.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Fri May 09, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.