FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.208c/Inf 1.209/EL 0.98i

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 am

Sleeper Service wrote:EL has copies of that blueprint in it, so it will override your changes if you use it alongside your modified infinite variant. If you want to make sure that your changes take effect then you might want to make a submod that only contains the changed blueprints and load that last. That will guarantee that the prices appear as you want.

"The AIs had emancipated themselves completely from their former masters, and even created their own ship designs..."[/i][/size]

Is that a scaled down version of the AI ship? It actually looks like it could be a station if it were bigger. Otherwise, it's so tiny. :P

So... What's the deal with those stun looking beams on the OP now? ;)

EDIT: Also just had a couple random thoughts. Do you think at stations you could have a new option to hire an engineer to upgrade one of your systems? Possible at random but maybe not. It could be moderately cheaper than normal upgrades, but probably take some time and cause the fleet to catch up.

And you added many counter-Effector abilities to many augments now to counter other combat augments. I don't remember Stealth Plating saying that it protects against the Subspace Scanner or cloak jamming from enemies, but it should if it doesn't. Also I think emergency respirators could be changed to "Environmental Suits" and have the added ability of protecting against radiation! Maybe you could even give the player version a slight chance of failure for this reason because as much as I LOOOOVE, the Radiation Projector it is slightly overpowered, especially combined with new AE things like hacking.
***Personal question: do the emergency respirators work when your crew is on the enemy ship? Do mantis pheromones work when you are on the enemy ship? I know Engi med bots don't work on the enemy ship, unfortunately...

Would it be really difficult to add multiple options for trading events. For example, someone stranded who wants to sell you drone parts for fuel should have multiple options instead of just one, often their offers will either be great, horrible, or impossible because they ask for too much, but they can often be wasted jumps and I feel like if they really wanted fuel they would be willing to negotiate.

Also, regarding infinite CE... I know infinite space is basically the casual version of FTL, but to keep the tension up I thought of some slight changes. I notice that people often end up with a crap ton of missiles and drones. The costs of many things have been increased in infinite CE so I feel like fuel, drones , and missiles should have their prices doubled at least so you actually think twice about it again. Crew should also have their prices slightly increased.

Repairs could also be made more expensive so that you care about your hull. I know it's already hard to find a store, but you should also have to worry about whether you're going to have enough scrap to repair when you get there and you might want to save your scrap for upgrades rather than repairs. Hull repair drones and bombs are also OP in Infinite Space, once you get them you'll have no worries ever again, so I would advocate taking them out completely but that would probably be no fun, just saying perhaps they can be balanced in some other way? Hull repair drones not so much, but maybe repair bombs could cost more missiles or something so they become truly "emergency" repair bombs.

I know you also don't want to rewrite events for CE infinite, but i was just thinking that those events which make the fleet catch up could make them speed up a lot more. Like instead of 1 jump it could be 2-3 jumps. Now it's still not that bad because you can just got to the next sector, but this way at least if you were unlucky and they were 3 jumps behind you now all of a sudden you might have to fight them again, making them a threat and adding a bit of extra tension to those "they'll warn the fleet of you position" events.
Cooly568

Postby Cooly568 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:27 am

Sleeper Service wrote:EL has copies of that blueprint in it, so it will override your changes if you use it alongside your modified infinite variant. If you want to make sure that your changes take effect then you might want to make a submod that only contains the changed blueprints and load that last. That will guarantee that the prices appear as you want.

"The AIs had emancipated themselves completely from their former masters, and even created their own ship designs..."

I overwrote the system text in the blueprints of EL, CE-base, and CE infinite, but the cost are still increased.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:11 am

In lighter news,

Just finished my first ACE run (1st part should be going up Monday).
Worked perfectly when I found out (,read someone pointed out) the problem.
One thing though, when I loaded it up I think it deleted my progress towards Lanius B and had to unlock it again.
I say think because it also could've been due to loading that Alpha base game thing...
Think I saw a few typo's along the way, but nothing to severe.
Oh, and A-BS + PDS, really? :shock: That's a thing now ?
Great work!

Grtz,
Biohazard063
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 am

Biohazard063 wrote:One thing though, when I loaded it up I think it deleted my progress towards Lanius B and had to unlock it again.

Mods can't touch your profile, so I'm not entirely sure how this would be possible.

Biohazard063 wrote:Oh, and A-BS + PDS, really? :shock: That's a thing now ?

Did you get fired on by ASB and targeted by artillery in the same event? If so then that is not intended. Do you remember in which event that happened?

Biohazard063 wrote:I overwrote the system text in the blueprints of EL, CE-base, and CE infinite, but the cost are still increased.

I can't know for sure what is going without seeing your loadorder. Again, your safest bet is to outsource the modified system blueprints in separate mod and load that one last. That will definitely work.

Russian Rockman wrote: Also I think emergency respirators could be changed to "Environmental Suits" and have the added ability of protecting against radiation!

Yeah, sounds cool.

Russian Rockman wrote:do the emergency respirators work when your crew is on the enemy ship? Do mantis pheromones work when you are on the enemy ship?

I'm not entirely sure but I think respirators work aboard the enemy ship. Mantis Pheromones and Drone Reactor Booster do as well (I think.)

Russian Rockman wrote:Would it be really difficult to add multiple options for trading events. For example, someone stranded who wants to sell you drone parts for fuel should have multiple options instead of just one, often their offers will either be great, horrible, or impossible because they ask for too much, but they can often be wasted jumps and I feel like if they really wanted fuel they would be willing to negotiate.

If more trades would be worth considering that would take the spice out if it IMO.

Russian Rockman wrote:Also, regarding infinite CE... I know infinite space is basically the casual version of FTL, but to keep the tension up I thought of some slight changes. I notice that people often end up with a crap ton of missiles and drones. The costs of many things have been increased in infinite CE so I feel like fuel, drones , and missiles should have their prices doubled at least so you actually think twice about it again. Crew should also have their prices slightly increased.

People don't amass missiles cause they buy them so cheaply, they get them because they fight so many enemies. One thing I considered was making other resources a requirement for traveling towards the Federation base. Maybe an option to trade a lot of missiles for the fuel you need...

Russian Rockman wrote:Repairs could also be made more expensive so that you care about your hull.

I don't know how this would be possible apart from in the repair station event.

Russian Rockman wrote: Hull repair drones and bombs are also OP in Infinite Space, once you get them you'll have no worries ever again, so I would advocate taking them out completely but that would probably be no fun, just saying perhaps they can be balanced in some other way? Hull repair drones not so much, but maybe repair bombs could cost more missiles or something so they become truly "emergency" repair bombs.

Yeah, I consider taking them out entirely cause the pretty much break Infinite. If you ever get one of these items then you basically set for the entire run. If the player screws up with the loadout, then there is a chance that deep space elite enemies in later sectors will continuously deal damage till the player runs out of resources. But till then you will still have an easy time so this probably has to get changed.

Russian Rockman wrote:I know you also don't want to rewrite events for CE infinite, but i was just thinking that those events which make the fleet catch up could make them speed up a lot more.

Right now I'm not really inclined to rewrite all these events. Although what you suggested would add to the experience.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Beauty of recording everything, here's the event
http://i59.tinypic.com/2vnnltj.png
Although the event didn't last long enough, the PDS never actually locked on.
Checked the time, around 20-25 seconds unpaused.
The warnings there though, so that might be the only "issue" here.
Also, happened on sector 6.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
TomLane

Postby TomLane » Thu May 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I downloaded the mod yesterday and immediately encountered a bug where a pirate ship had two systems in the same room (piloting and clone bay). The clone bay was 'covered' by the piloting, and could not be attacked or disabled. This meant game over for my Mantis B run.

Enjoying the mod otherwise.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 08, 2014 3:51 pm

There is no CE PDS artillery strike in this event, just the enemy ASB firing. The background is misleading here, but there is no way around that. :|
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
Biohazard063 wrote:One thing though, when I loaded it up I think it deleted my progress towards Lanius B and had to unlock it again.

Mods can't touch your profile, so I'm not entirely sure how this would be possible.

That happened to me as well. I back up my profile all the time because of mod testing luckily. I had unlocked about 4 Type Cs and then one day I went on and it says "Welcome to AE!!! We just erased all your progress LOL." :lol:

Biohazard063 wrote:Oh, and A-BS + PDS, really? :shock: That's a thing now ?

Sleeper Service wrote:Did you get fired on by ASB and targeted by artillery in the same event? If so then that is not intended. Do you remember in which event that happened?

That could be a thing... :lol:

Russian Rockman wrote:Would it be really difficult to add multiple options for trading events. For example, someone stranded who wants to sell you drone parts for fuel should have multiple options instead of just one, often their offers will either be great, horrible, or impossible because they ask for too much, but they can often be wasted jumps and I feel like if they really wanted fuel they would be willing to negotiate.

Sleeper Service wrote:If more trades would be worth considering that would take the spice out if it IMO.

Hmmm... Yes you are right. That's not really what I meant. I just meant more choice over how much of an item you can trade. Like you could still come across the event where they want 9 missiles for 2 fuel. And you could have the choice to trade 5 for 1, 9 for 2, or 18 for 4, or something like that. (None of those are really good). Or you could come across the event where they want 3 drone parts for 6 fuel, and you could trade 1 for 2, 3 for 6, or 4 for 8. (All worth it in some respect but no much better than what you could normally find.). Just more like the repair station event where you can choose to repair 5,10, or 15 damage.

Sleeper Service wrote:People don't amass missiles cause they buy them so cheaply, they get them because they fight so many enemies. One thing I considered was making other resources a requirement for traveling towards the Federation base. Maybe an option to trade a lot of missiles for the fuel you need...

That could be a good idea too, though I don think increasing the cost of missiles, drones, and even fuel would be a bad idea either...

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:Repairs could also be made more expensive so that you care about your hull.

I don't know how this would be possible apart from in the repair station event.

Hmmm... I though that wasn't hardcoded, too bad. I guess it's hard enough to find a store already and CEi enemies can be pretty brutal.

Sleeper Service wrote:
Russian Rockman wrote:I know you also don't want to rewrite events for CE infinite, but i was just thinking that those events which make the fleet catch up could make them speed up a lot more.

Right now I'm not really inclined to rewrite all these events. Although what you suggested would add to the experience.

Thanks, in vanilla these events also need to be changed so that they boost the fleet as soon as you get the text saying they are jumping away. (Thus preventing you from simply jumping away before them.). Instead they should then delay the fleet and reverse the effect if you manage to kill them.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y67Nbxwl4pc

Around 16:49, I believe that event is missing the Federation Fleet planet background.

There's also an event a bit later, keyword "massive space station", which I think could use a science space station (fed with blue lines) on the ship encounter window. It would also let it be marked with "ship detected" with long range sensors, map data or whatever on the map, which would make very much sense given that it's a "massive space station", very easy to detect.

EDIT: Also, at 37:12, consider adding a Subspace Scanner option.
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri May 09, 2014 8:23 am

Well, I think that "ship detected" should remain only for ships (aka, moving targets). But I think that enemy PDS and ABS is very cool idea for a "killer" event :D (especially, that in most ABS events outside rebel fleet, you can hack ABS to support YOU via blue events, balancing odds).

/Estel