FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
New Guy

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97c

Postby New Guy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

One of the "Offer 35 Scrap" Slug stations have no gibs. Unforunately, due to me striving to use Print Screen instead of just using the Steam browser snapshot thing, I wasn't able to take a picture.

This was done on CEi 1.207b + EL 0.97c.
======================
[WIP] Federation Strike Cruiser | Progress: 100% Art, 0% Coding
(Project pending until Superluminal2)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Crystal type C eh?

I always imagined it as a purple possibly.
As that is one of the colours of the crystal people...

But so far we got a red and blue. if we doing colour wheel, it will make the 3rd be a yellow.

HOW EVER.

I had the idea of making it black for awhile. like "Black Diamond" (it is a very rare diamond, it can only be formed in space, hence why it's raw form has lots of holes in it like a 'moon rock'

Anyway I'm headed to bed, If you fans of FTL and CE alike got any ideas to throw my way, just throw them over my way in PM, I'm always happy to come back to messages. regardless of it being a simple hi or request.

Just keep in mind I can get busy at times. I got a good few days of freedom till I get back to work.

RAD-82 already made a bunch of different recoloration of the Crystal Cruiser at my request. :D Which was really awesome of him. They're in his "Resonance" Custom ship thread. And one of those was a yellow diamond.

At some point I will make those into types X & Y. I wasn't really talking about a recoloration though. The Crystal ships only have 2 hull types, bomber and scout. Everyone else has at least 3. Lanius only have 2 hull types as well.

R4V3-0N wrote:I actually liked the idea that Rock and Crystal have officially established diplomatic relations, like it is suggested by the Rock C description. My take on this would be giving the C ships and station a few unique event in Rock sectors. These events would deal with this new lore facts and also give crystal people and weapons a little more room to appear, without spoiling their entire sector.

That's a good idea. I approve of that. That's kind of what I was thinking too. It would make the Crystal sector a lot easier, especially since Captain's Edition makes it so rare. It still shouldn't be too common though, I feel like if the Crystal were negotiating with all the Rock people then there would be religious chaos within their culture. ;)
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:00 pm

@Sleeper Service

This time no report on bugs 8-) but 2 questions/suggestions:

1: Don't know if it's possible to change or how complicate it would (xml-wise) be. Would it be possible to change this event that it doesn't offer you a drone system if one is already installed? Would make sense IMO
DroneSystem.jpg

2: There's one answer in social interaction with your engi crew where he answers something like "repair is more important than interaction" (sorry, not the exact phrase catched). My suggestion would be, that he indeed then makes repair. (Yeah, i know, there's already such an answer by your Rock-Crew Member, but it would make sense there, and one more positive anser wouldn't really hurt, or?)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Saizew wrote:@Sleeper Service

This time no report on bugs 8-) but 2 questions/suggestions:

1: Don't know if it's possible to change or how complicate it would (xml-wise) be. Would it be possible to change this event that it doesn't offer you a drone system if one is already installed? Would make sense IMO
DroneSystem.jpg

That could be made into a Blue option I suppose. It wouldn't be hard at all to do that.

Saizew wrote:2: There's one answer in social interaction with your engi crew where he answers something like "repair is more important than interaction" (sorry, not the exact phrase catched). My suggestion would be, that he indeed then makes repair. (Yeah, i know, there's already such an answer by your Rock-Crew Member, but it would make sense there, and one more positive anser wouldn't really hurt, or?)

I believe that event also says "your Engi is busy fixing some "secondary" system". It's supposed to be like some system that no normal being would ever notice is broken, so it's not really the same as the Rock event.

On that note however, I think there should be an event where your Engi has layer out schematics for a random system upgrade. But I'm sure Sleeper already has something like that.

I'm interested in seeing what the Lanius special conversations are..
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:That could be made into a Blue option I suppose. It wouldn't be hard at all to do that.

I'd assume this already is a blue option that does has blue="false". It also does give and additional system bar and not a drone system altogether, so it works entirely as intended IMO. This is an AE event by the way.

Russian Rockman wrote:On that note however, I think there should be an event where your Engi has layer out schematics for a random system upgrade. But I'm sure Sleeper already has something like that.

Yep, although the Engi are not the ones that are smart enough for that. ;)
Saizew

Postby Saizew » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:(...) It also does give and additional system bar and not a drone system altogether, so it works entirely as intended IMO. This is an AE event by the way.

Again, my bad. Have mistaken it for giving you the entire drone system. So my thoughts were: "Wtf? I already own a drone system upgrade!" 8-)

(Why the hell am I "save-scumming", if i don't try more often what results the other options give, which i usually don't take? :mrgreen: )
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:53 pm

I don't know if this is intentional, oversight, or an unintended side-effect, but I've noticed that weapons that remove system damage also seem to remove crew damage, and it's not fixed by tight spread.

Case in point, scatter lasers don't injure crew, at all. (Normal damage 1, system damage -1), even if spawned with tight spread (so they only say normal damage 1), they don't injure crew.

I had a tight spread scatter laser III (or whatever the 3 power, 16 cooldown, 4 shot one is), did nada to crew.

Still beat the flagship with it in my loadout though.
okmujnyhb

Postby okmujnyhb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Whenever I run the game with CE installed, the came crashes before the title screen. A window pops up called Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library which says:
Assertion failed!
Program:...
File: src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp
Line: 1383
Expression: text
For further information on how your program can cause assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation an asserts
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled

Then there are three buttons saying Abort, Retry, and Ignore.
I have no idea what this means and I have tried to fix this issue myself by reinstalling everything, restarting my computer, etc. Can someone please help me?
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm back with more hulls, and as I said. It was easy. Did it in less then an hour.

R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Zaisher

Postby Zaisher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I'm back with more hulls, and as I said. It was easy. Did it in less then an hour.

not sure how using the rocks C cruiser skin will fit canon