FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 am

Anthonest wrote:May i submit a few ships? Also i belive you have Ravon's "Mantis Minelayer" backwards.

Sleeper will most likely take your ships as long as they match the vanilla FTL style. Just post some pictures her, or you can PM him. He's happy to take good ships from anyone.
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:21 am

Nicb1 wrote:Hey, I'm not sure if this will help much with solving the crash issues that some people are having, but here are the output files i'm getting once the game has crashed:
https://app.box.com/s/kkbnukklrqzky6qvqw1d

Also I Tested FTL on my desktop and laptop and for some reason the latest version of the mod works fine on the laptop but not on my desktop. And yes i've tried both versions 1.5.4 and 1.5.10 with the same results on my desktop.

Well, based on the error dumps you posted I think congratulations are in order to Sleepy.
You've finally reached a point where the amount of content you added to the mod has surpassed the game engine's ability to handle :lol:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 am

Found a BUG: I was just watching a recent lets play where somebody got a slave from a slaver and forced them to work aboard their ship. One of their crew deserted, but then when the second screen came up saying "at least you have a slave to replace them, another crew member also deserted. So they lost 2 crew members and got no slave...

Also, this next one is a suggestion not a bug. Maybe when the slavers surrender and offer a slave as tribute and you get the option to free them or force them to work for you could remove the hidden= tag so they can see what crew they would get? And maybe this will entice them to risk their crew for slavery. Unless you wanted to keep that hidden for a reason.

( :roll: you know, now that I think about it, having a small possibility of maybe losing two crew members instead of 1 because of slavery makes it a bit more risky... But you didn't hear that from me...)

EDIT: Unrelated question are there any ships in CE that have less than 4 Rooms? I'm pretty sure I saw one with 3 rooms. If that is the case the Open Artillery mod may have to get reworked a bit since some artillery shoots 4-5 projectiles. As Rad-82 pointed out if the number of rooms is greater than the number of artillery projectiles this will cause a crash. Thanks RAD. ;)
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.207b/Inf 1.207/EL 0.97c

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am

Is there any way to extend the memory available to FTL? I mean system wise, not through a hardware upgrade.

I updated EL to be based on the current (1.5.10) version of FTL. If that does not take care of the problem than we might face the fact that EL with visuals won't be working for everyone.

CE Endless Loot 0.97c for CE and CE Endless Loot 0.97c for CE Infinite
- Based on FTL 1.5.10

Anthonest wrote:May i submit a few ships? Also i belive you have Ravon's "Mantis Minelayer" backwards.

Sure, you can PM me about that and we'll see. I integrated the minelayer just like R4V3 sent it to me, so I guess you have to ask him if he accidentally turned around his entire ship as well as the gibs before sending it... IMO its style matches the other Mantis enemy ships quite well, the scout has a very similar structure.

Russian Rockman wrote:Is it even possible to do that? [@changing close combat crew projectiles] I didn't notice anywhere for the projectiles in the "people" images.

I'm pretty sure I saw them on the base sheet, somewhere in the lower left corner.

Russian Rockman wrote:Unrelated question are there any ships in CE that have less than 4 Rooms? I'm pretty sure I saw one with 3 rooms. If that is the case the Open Artillery mod may have to get reworked a bit since some artillery shoots 4-5 projectiles. As Rad-82 pointed out if the number of rooms is greater than the number of artillery projectiles this will cause a crash. Thanks RAD. ;)

The Auto Controller has only three room. I think that is the minimum. Sorry if that causes inconvenience. :| Auto Turret is not far behind with only four rooms.

Russian Rockman wrote:Found a BUG: I was just watching a recent lets play where somebody got a slave from a slaver and forced them to work aboard their ship. One of their crew deserted, but then when the second screen came up saying "at least you have a slave to replace them, another crew member also deserted. So they lost 2 crew members and got no slave...

That has already been fixed in one of the last versions of main CE, but thanks for reporting it. ;) I saw that bug in several lets plays myself. :? And I'll put a hidden tag there.
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:28 am

I just tried the new version and unfortunately it's still crashing on my desktop.
Heres the crash log/output.
https://app.box.com/s/i5pfqxnuwj10419s0mo3

Edit:
I may have an idea for allocating more memory to FTL. I will post again if it works.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:31 am

It's not an inconvenience really that the Auto-ships have only 3 rooms. I think that's kind of cool to mix it up a bit. I think what dmi3 or I will have to do is just change all laser artillery to "Burst". That may actually fix some balance issues because of the higher miss chance... It's just not as cool as seeing each missile fire off one by one. Maybe we could have a CE patch that just changes them to Burst weapons... Anyway, not really your problem. ;) I just wanted to make sure there won't ant 2 room or 1 room ships. :lol:
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 am

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/

I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)
rannl

Postby rannl » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 am

Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/

I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)

* Tips hat towards Nicb1 *
Well done, friend.
I wanna kick myself in the head for not asking ppl to share their crash logs..... I was so intent on trying to recreate the crash that I forget the basics of SW debugging.
Good job on finding a RAM extender so quickly. I'm guessing a lot of FTLers out there will wanna buy you a cold one ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:42 am

That is amazing! Thanks for looking into this, I'll quote you in the OP. ;)
Nicb1

Postby Nicb1 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:51 am

Glad I could help :D
Would be a shame if a problem like this hindered the development of such a great mod.