You took my money and gave me NOTHING

General discussion about the game.
StolenFrom

You took my money and gave me NOTHING

Postby StolenFrom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:15 am

I purchased this game via amazon payments right off your front page.

My transaction was purchased successfully. You took the money from my credit card and supplied me with NOTHING.

I have no email, no activation key, nothing. Just a nice email from Amazon saying i've given you 9.00 of my dollars.

Normally i'm pretty patient but that is beyond ridiculous. I have no way to access a key to use on steam or otherwise purchase the product.

What do I do? Complain to amazon? Wait patiently?

Taken right from your front page:

Download FTL: Faster Than Light now, cross-platform, DRM free, and redeemable on Steam!
StolenFrom

Re: You took my money and gave me NOTHING

Postby StolenFrom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:19 am

Blah, I'm just going to contact Amazon and see what can be done.

Sorry for lack of patience but I expected more after following this game for months on RPS.

My fault I suppose.
Postal

Postby Postal » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 am

Woah, slow down! You didn't even give other people a chance to respond.

I don't know how long ago you purchased the game, but these kinds of things can take time. This is the launch day of an indie game made by two people. Not everything is running perfectly smooth.

Send a nice email to devteam@FTLgame.com, and they'll do what they can to get you your game. Just be a little patient.
suttonmitchell

Postby suttonmitchell » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:29 am

There was an official response on Twitter. Please be patient, this is not the developer's fault.

https://twitter.com/FTLgame/status/246812088125763584

FTL
‏@FTLgame
It looks like if you buy through our website with amazon payments there's a 15-20 min delay until you get the key email. #tryingtofix
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 am

I tend to agree that not everything on the internet is instant. 4 minutes is NOT a long time to wait (the time between your posts).

I pray you have it now. If not contact them is the email a few posts up and they'll help you all they can. But please remember these forums have exploded with posts and support and there are only two of them to answer all this.
dgfv_

Postby dgfv_ » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:46 am

Way to get butthurt about nothing at all. Christ lol.

"It looks like if you buy through our website with amazon payments there's a 15-20 min delay until you get the key email."

Hurrr hurrr