[Ship][AE] Auto-Cruiser 1.01 & Auto-Constructor 1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Ship] Auto-Cruiser v.1.1

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 pm

MightyKebab wrote:Just saying,Piracy friendly factions use their faction augments to get by the crew problem. I.e If you have Mantis Pheromones, Rock Plating or Slug Repair Gel you can engage in piracy all you like. I do that all the time on the custom pirate friendly ships that I have.

Pretty much this. It's only a matter of appropriate augment, not the ship that is being replaced, so ship slot need not be changed. While I'm not exactly sure how it is implemented in CE, I don't think your crew will mind too much that the AI (that is basically in control of their lives) is a little ruthless :lol:

Even though I agree that an AI ship would likely follow cold logic (and, hence, take every profit it can), it would take quite a bit of work to make this happen... I'd have to modify CE's events to add a new choice for the dummy augment, with appropriate flavor text, etc., so that it fits the lore nicely.

While it is technically possible to do this without any compatibility issues thanks to SMM's preprocessed tags, I'd basically have to update the mod every time Sleeper released a new version of CE -- and I'm not really willing to do that :P Not to mention that effort would likely be wasted, since the dummy augment is just that -- dummy, it doesn't do anything, and is only intended as free scrap to counterbalance the harsh starting loadout of the ship. Meaning, it would get sold most of the time.

Either way, I'm honored that this was your first custom ship run, and am glad that you've enjoyed it :)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 am

Exactly - that's whyI've suggested overwriting the "requiment" tag - or hoever it's called - that trigger pirating/breaking truces blue option in CE, to match the stolen tech dummy.

Auto Cruiser already overwrites 2 or so things from CE (at least during unpacking it as last, mod manager notices "clobbering earlier mod" in case of two files), so I think it could do the same here, without much effort. But, I'm no modder - I assumed that changing the requiment for pirating blue option during install of AutoCruiser is trivial to implement. If it's not/not worth the effort, then scratch the idea :)

/Estel
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:48 pm

CE actually makes it so that Saren doesn't spawn because CE modifies the starting event.

Though,I have to say, This ship's really fun when you turn off life support and just mass produce AI avatars ;)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:37 pm

The USB version should work, as long as you install CE first, then USB, then the ship.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:30 pm

This looks like a nice ship. I can't take it seriously though due to its uncanny resemblance with a metal whale :P
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:00 pm

MightyKebab wrote:CE actually makes it so that Saren doesn't spawn because CE modifies the starting event.

Can't confirm - I use normal version (not the USB one) alongside CE, and it works fine, with ship as last on load list. With CE Infinite, even loading Infinite as last doesn't create any problems (for CE or for auto cruiser). It just works as it should.

The power of .append method, I presume ;)
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:09 am

Hey kartoFlane. I had an idea of using your AI Cruiser as a giant "beacon layer" automated ship that can be encountered in Uncharted Nebulas or the Captain's Edition's Hazard Sectors. It would explain why there are beacons in "unexplored" sectors still. Would you let Sleeper Service use your model for the Captain's Edition?

Russian Rockman wrote:I got an idea for another AI ship. Thinking about the Lanius I wondered "Why the heck are there beacons in Uncharted Nebulas and Hazard Sectors anyway?" Well obviously an automated AI ship is placing beacons throughout the galaxy. ;) There could be an automated beacon layer that is malfunctioning an runs commences its defensive protocols. Perhaps if you defeat this ship you could hack the beacon network and delay the fleet, get a map of all the beacons in the sector, or the ADV. FTL Navigation Augment etc...

This automated ship would appear only in Uncharted Nebulas, Hazard Sectors, and unexplored sectors of the galaxy. Maybe it could also be a really resilient AI "Station." Rather than a ship.
kartoFlane's Auto-Cruiser comes to mind. ;)

Russian Rockman wrote:
Mr. Mister wrote:The beacon layer would need to be a big, juggernautic automated ship, with most of its internal space occupied with the machinery necessary for it to perform FTL travel without beacons. Still, I really like the idea of getting Adv. FTL NAvigation from it.

I present to you kartoFlane's Auto-Cruiser...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17131
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Well, quoting what I said to dalolorn several pages back...
kartoFlane wrote:Be my guest.

Honestly, I kinda thought I already gave some sort of permission to use this to anyone who wants to, seeing as I've used CE's weapon idea and graphics in my other ship ;)
Not to mention the event idea itself is very cool indeed.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:15 pm

I hope I did the ship justice... :roll:

Russian Rockman wrote:I spent a while turning Kartoflane's Auto-Cruiser into an enemy Beacon Layer AI ship and here it is. Gotta admit it was a lot harder than I thought. I've never edited an enemy ship before or done anything to do with ship events.

What do you think?

Still a few things it needs.
1.) A new cloaking image to match the vanilla ones
2.) It probably needs to be shrunken a little bit
3.) The weapon mounts need to be adjusted
4.) Need to change the auto weapon loadout and system stats
5.) Maybe change the layout a bit and maybe make a couple variants

Last edited by Russian Rockman on Fri May 16, 2014 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 am

It seems this mod crashes when selecting it in the hangar window. Really sucks because i was looking forward to using it. Any chance for an update to AE? Let me know, been looking for a new engi ship and this fits the bill perfect.