FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Alvarin

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.091

Postby Alvarin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:59 pm

I can't run this mod with either Slipstream or GMM since 1.051, I think. It has the new loading screen, but when the load bar finishes loading, nothing happens. When I try to force quit, it crashes. Tried both alone and with other mods. Every other mod I tried worked. HELP!
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Cap'n: Of course it can hit after he jumps away, background cruisers are still there and may have fired alraedy. As for your loadout: As long as you had weapons maxed, you could distract the drone with the burst MkII so the heavy ion MkII can slip in, then wait for the burst MkII to recharge so you can fire a combined salvo with the burst MkIII (the ion should still be in effect by then).

Anyway, sleepy:

There's at least one micro-particles cloud that doesn't limit my engines. Event text had "micro-particles" or "microparticles" in it.

There's also an engi (controlled or homeworld, dunno) event where you're just told to test some experimental technology and are given a bunch of scrap and resources. I think the event text would be more fitting if you were given a random augment instead. Ctrl+F word "likelihood" (related to the Mantis invading them).

It would be nice if the auto-scouts in acid clouds had a corroded re-texture (you say they look corroded, after all). Or, at least, that one repair nano-bot station, which you gave an auto-satellite, had a unique civilian colour pattern.

You know, it's too bad forcing blue choices doesn't work (or at least you say so). "Ain't no life to support here" on a LS-less Vortex which could collect more scrap on radioactive clouds would make my day.

Out of curiosity: you can't make blue choices depending on the difficulty level or on the fact that yours is an auto-ship (regardless of the fact that CE doesn't include any), right?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:There's at least one micro-particles cloud that doesn't limit my engines. Event text had "micro-particles" or "microparticles" in it.

Smog clouds vary in density, the least dense ones will only limit you if you have a lot of engine power.

Mr. Mister wrote:It would be nice if the auto-scouts in acid clouds had a corroded re-texture (you say they look corroded, after all). Or, at least, that one repair nano-bot station, which you gave an auto-satellite, had a unique civilian colour pattern.

A retexture and a dozens copied ship blueprints for a few event seems kind of unnecessary. That what event description are for, to stimulate you fantasy and let you fill out the blanks. If I start with this then where to stop? You also don see all this civilians or settlements that are bombarded on planets, although it could all be somehow visualized. But IMO that would just be a lot of work for little actual effect.

Mr. Mister wrote:Out of curiosity: you can't make blue choices depending on the difficulty level or on the fact that yours is an auto-ship (regardless of the fact that CE doesn't include any), right?

Right that's impossible as far as we can tell. Well... actually I think you could have a forced continue on the first beacon that costs 30 scrap... you could only activate this one in easy, creating a starting event depending on difficulty, that would then also appear in every civilian sector. Kind of useless though.
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Revenant wrote:i think i cant play the game without the mod anymore xD

+99 :D
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:10 pm

The Captain wrote:Spelling/grammar stuff:
Light Anti-Crew Missile Drone description - "Its usage can be considered a war-crime* ..." - war crime. FIXED

"The automatic* structure is badly damaged and activates its self-destruction** sequence." - 1) automated; 2) self-destruct. FIXED

"The Engi crew member tries to explain to which* extent it is able to have individual feelings." - what. FIXED

Quest: "You contact the delivery ship, who are* grateful ...." - the crew of which is. Not Found

"The Slime-Bath* Nebula" - Slime Bath. FIXED

"The Engi is nowhere to be found. The computer informs you that The* crewman has shut its body down...." - the. FIXED

'Your Engi crew member is busy fixing.... "repairs currently have priority over social interaction".* - quotes after period. FIXED

"As the satellite breaks apart, it messages you, "Why?".* - remove extra period after quotes. FIXED

"Oooops. The jump leaves you close to the event horizon of a young black hole. Time is passing considerably slower* ...." - more slowly. FIXED

"You find an abandoned research station on a huge asteroid. A quick scan shows no life forms,* however ..." - after "forms" replace comma with semicolon. Disagree. Text after the comma cannot stand as a complete sentence.

'A Zoltan ship lingers dangerously close to this growing black hole. They message you* "Sorry** Captain, this is not for you." ' - 1) colon after "you"; 2) comma after "Sorry." FIXED

'The Mantis is confident its species will eventually wipe the Federation and Rebels out* altogether.... "Don't worry** Captain, it's unlikely ..." ' - 1) move "out" after "wipe"; 2) comma after "worry." FIXED

"This jump node has been marked as a dumping site for old ship reactors. ... by your Geiger-counter*." - Geiger counter. FIXED

"Since industrial activity has declined here, some of the locals have taken on* piracy ...." - up FIXED

This is the result of insufficient caffeine intake during midnight editing sessions. And one or two of those I thought I'd fixed, but may not have saved the changes. Thanks for pointing them out and keep 'em coming.
abyssion425

Postby abyssion425 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 pm

I honestly have to say thanks for making the crystal sector a fun sector to get to, it was interesting on how it was greatly changed but don't want to spoil.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Cap'n: Of course it can hit after he jumps away, background cruisers are still there and may have fired alraedy. As for your loadout: As long as you had weapons maxed, you could distract the drone with the burst MkII so the heavy ion MkII can slip in, then wait for the burst MkII to recharge so you can fire a combined salvo with the burst MkIII (the ion should still be in effect by then).

I thought the whole thing with the long range artillery was that it needs a spotter. Spotter was gone, a couple seconds later I got hit, but I wouldn't have been at the last known position, so I still say bullshit.

I did try and distract the drone, but combined with the boss' dodge, I wasn't doing as much damage as was being done to me, so I was fucked. Couldn't jump away to a repair station, because we were at a repair station, and the other one was a couple jumps further away from the base and was already taken over. I was hoping to survive and wait for repairs, but no such luck.

KJ4VOV wrote:

"You find an abandoned research station on a huge asteroid. A quick scan shows no life forms,* however ..." - after "forms" replace comma with semicolon. Disagree. Text after the comma cannot stand as a complete sentence.

Hmmm, I didn't write down the rest of it. I thought it could, IIRC. But it's not a requirement that it be a complete sentence.

Quest: "You contact the delivery ship, who are* grateful ...." - the crew of which is. Not Found

This was at the quest beacon after beating a pirate, I think.

This is the result of insufficient caffeine intake [insert: :shock: ] during midnight editing sessions. And one or two of those I thought I'd fixed, but may not have saved the changes. Thanks for pointing them out and keep 'em coming.

Will do. :D
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 am

The Captain wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:"You find an abandoned research station on a huge asteroid. A quick scan shows no life forms,* however ..." - after "forms" replace comma with semicolon. Disagree. Text after the comma cannot stand as a complete sentence.

Hmmm, I didn't write down the rest of it. I thought it could, IIRC. But it's not a requirement that it be a complete sentence.

The way the nuns taught me (albeit some half a century ago) was that both halves of a sentence containing a semicolon should be able to stand on their own as sentences. Tough ladies those nuns, I can still feel that wooden ruler across my knuckles if I try to do it any other way. ;)

The Captain wrote:

This was at the quest beacon after beating a pirate, I think.

Yes, but that text isn't found in any of the files from this mod. I'm not sure where it's from.
snoxeri

Postby snoxeri » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:47 am

The Captain wrote:"Oooops. The jump leaves you close to the event horizon of a young black hole. Time is passing considerably slower* ...." - more slowly.

Not to be a stickler here, but technically slower works here. "Slower" can be used as both and adjective and an adverb and I think the less wordy "slower" fits better here than adding "more slowly."

On a completely different note, thanks for the great mod! =) Can't wait to see what (if anything) you guys decide to do upon the release of Advanced Edition!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:36 am

Sleeper Service wrote:CE is planned to fully support AE. It probably won't even support vanilla FTL any more in its post-AE incarnations. Transition will go as follows: The last CE version before AEs release will become the final CE version for vanilla FTL. I'll try to release a compatibility version for AE as fast as possible then, for those (probably few) who really want CE to be mixed into AE immediately. And later there probably will be versions of CE that make full use of AE new features, most likely by adding a bunch of new AE-like weapons at first.

;)