weapons sometimes pause charging?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
LoWang

weapons sometimes pause charging?

Postby LoWang » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello I am currently in the last stand sector and I noticed when fighting a pirate ship my weapons sometimes just stop charing in the middle. But the weapons system is not disabled by ion effect nor it is damaged, so what is causing it? It does not say that anything's wrong with it...
The Captain

Re: weapons sometimes pause charging?

Postby The Captain » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Weapons do not charge while the other ship is cloaked.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:15 am

Yep. And it works both ways, so when you cloak, the enemy cannot charge his weapons.

This has caused some debate, but the overall justification is that it's neccesary for the cloak to be usefull. Because it doesn't last long, it would hardly beusefull to emerge from cloak and face a full volley of enemy fire at once. Also, it's bloddy hard to target a cloaked ship so if weapons need both charging and targeting then it makes sense they pause while the other ship is cloaked.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
MartectX

Postby MartectX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:05 am

arzoo wrote:I know you said you wanted to avoid depressurization, but I find that busting open the good ol' airlocks for any boarders (with upgraded doors, especially level three), and they should be taken care of.

Wrong thread? ;)
Achievement Loss of Cabin Pressure is currently bugged!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:42 am

EDIT: This was an accidental response to a camouflaged spambot. I recommend we delete our latest posts addressing this matter.
Last edited by stylesrj on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:33 am

stylesrj wrote:Yeah and it's probably due to the enemy cloaking as everyone has pointed out.

I'm 123% sure you just responded to a bot.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 am

EDIT: This entire conversation was about an accidental response to a camouflaged spambot. I recommend we delete our latest posts addressing this matter.
Last edited by stylesrj on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:45 pm

stylesrj wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:I'm 123% sure you just responded to a bot.

Damn, they're getting clever. Now they're filling out the "location" part and saying "it's my first time here" which confuses me into thinking they're newbies with little grasp on the English language and a poor understanding of when a topic was posted.

EDIT: The bots have also learned to wait several days before striking rather than join and post straight away! Crap! We're doomed!

They're clever, but they're not clever enough. ;)