English's Mod Help Thread

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

English's Mod Help Thread

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Do you need fancier glow images for your systems?
Do you need someone to fix the room images for you (because it is quite difficult sometimes, actually?)
Do you need someone to enhance your ships image/astetics?
Are you having a hard time with making ships work?
In general, do you need help with a mod?
Do you need someone to ask you these questions?

Then I can help you!

(Apologies for the cheesy intro)

Hi there!
My name is English Narwhal, and at three in the morning today, decided it was a clever idea to make a thread in which I basically make a support thread for newer ship makers. Twelve hours later, I remembered it and here I am.
Basically, if any new modders need help with making the internal bits of a ship work, I'm here to help.

Here's how it will work:
If you need help, post on this thread saying something like
Dear English Narwhal,
Dear Narwhal,
D34R NH4RWH4L,
Supreme Overlord Narwhal,
King Narwhal,
Our Lord and Grace Narwhal,
Your Awesomeness,

at the beginning if you want to. Otherwise, just ask your question and always
POST IMAGES
POST A LINK TO YOUR MOD
Thanks!

If your question is something you don't want to discuss on the forums, PM me or ask me on the IRC channels related to FTL. My nickname on said IRC is English.

QUESTIONS, GO!!!!

ALSO:
If you have abandoned a ship mod, I am willing to take it into my care and do whatever it is you do with those things. Maybe I'll finish them for you, actually.
IF IT IS NOT YOUR MOD, ask the owner of the mod first and check if they want it. Even better, you could ask said owner to ask me personally so I don't:
get horribly murdered by ninja lawyers;
feel guilty messing with it.
Last edited by English Narwhal on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
English Narwhal

Re: English's Modding Medbay

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:35 am

I know a lot of people have seen this. Evidently, nobody needs my help today! Well, I'll be on for practically ever anyways.
UltraMantis

Re: English's Mod Help Thread

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Give it more than a day mate. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Acknowledged! You should hang out in the #ftlgame IRC channel maybe? I've been getting in there regularly for the last week asking for help, and it is quite populated too but not very active.

Back at my home forum we have links to browser-based clients that would connect to our IRC channel, so that anyone could easily connect to it and try asking questions to the idlers inside.

I found this link that allows users to connect to the quakenet servers, which is where #ftlgame is hosted. I guess we could make a channel completely dedicated to mod help though? Something like #ftlmodhelp maybe? What do you guys think? I'd be willing to help, despite my current experience not being very much really.

PS: idk if "home forum" is a concept that makes sense. I mean a forum in which i spent so much time that it feels like home. :\
ImageImageImageImageImage
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Considering how common idleing is in #ftlgame and how several other ftl related channes are inactive, i would advise against trying to fracture the already small FTL IRC community. Also, #ftlgame features general FTL chatter and modding as pretty much the main reasons for lurking/idling there.

Several modders already hang in there, and any newcomers would be welcome. Just don't freak out if you don't get an immediate response, on IRC people are often in diffrent timezones or afk or whatever else. Someone will respond, just give it time. ;)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:08 am

TaxiService wrote:Acknowledged! You should hang out in the #ftlgame IRC channel maybe? I've been getting in there regularly for the last week asking for help, and it is quite populated too but not very active.

Back at my home forum we have links to browser-based clients that would connect to our IRC channel, so that anyone could easily connect to it and try asking questions to the idlers inside.

I found this link that allows users to connect to the quakenet servers, which is where #ftlgame is hosted. I guess we could make a channel completely dedicated to mod help though? Something like #ftlmodhelp maybe? What do you guys think? I'd be willing to help, despite my current experience not being very much really.

PS: idk if "home forum" is a concept that makes sense. I mean a forum in which i spent so much time that it feels like home. :\

Poof, I'm here.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:11 am

UltraMantis wrote:Give it more than a day mate. :D

Buut I'm impatient to help peopleeeee...
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:56 pm

I hate to do this, but I'm hoping that bumping this will allow more people to notice this thread and thus find the help they need/want easily (if I can provide it, at least :P)
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:21 pm

do you do hull images? cause i would like a rock/zoltan hull image
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:25 pm

DragonMaster2962 wrote:do you do hull images? cause i would like a rock/zoltan hull image

Try The Shipyard for hull images, but I'll see if I can make one in that time.