FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.073

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Oh wow, sorry, I did indeed not notice that. I just generally asked for the right to change some stuff, just in case anything comes up. Did not plan a special paintover at that time. Ship seems fine and ready to use as it is anyway.
Axel6430

Postby Axel6430 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Alrighty then. Feel free to modify the layout or anything if needed.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 am

Yo sleepy, could you look if the store chance on rock sectors is allright? I swear I've gotten from 4 to 7 shops per sector every time I've visited them since installing CE.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:14 am

Nope, they have 2 stores as usual. Although more might be available if you pacify Rock Trade Stations and happen to get certain vanilla events.

The amount of natural stores could still be lowered, so that the player has depend more on the trade stations...

Also: AE Faction Revealed
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 am

(D-D-D-D-DOUBLE POST!)
Last edited by Mr. Mister on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 am

I'll have to tell slowy then, because I'm not kidding when I say that I have found no less than 4 stores each time, and once time there were seven. SEVEN NATURAL STORES. Bad if you need scrap.

I don't think they do now (can't really remember though), but you should think about adding goods trading to those liberated trade stations.

On AE: Well, I guess those Metallica guys will fare well with AI Avatars. You might want to consider making the latter immune to fire too and reduce their health even further.

Type C layouts though, now that's interesting, even if for the sole fact of more modded ships support. They will probably all start with AE stuff for showcase purposes, but I'm sure that with all the CE weapons and drones you'll be able to diversify them all even more.

Battery system though. I guess it's finally time for REDIRECT EMERGENCY POWER TO SHIELD DEFLECTORS, I DON'T CARE IF THEY EXPLODE AFTERWARDS!
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:47 am

Just a thought i think it would be sweet if you added a crystal station i know that it probably wouldn't be seen much but either way it would look very nice, i remember seeing a crystal station in one of the events so it would make sense.
jep

Postby jep » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:02 am

When I screwed stuff up in my modding experiments, I wound up with WAY more (natural) stores than I was supposed to. And that's without changing the numbers on the stores themselves.

CE doesn't do anything to set the attributes of AI Avatars, unfortunately. That stuff isn't determined by the xml. It's built into the FTL code. All CE did was turn on some code that they put in but then disabled.

And the batteries as currently described on the dev page say they are only backups for the engines. A little boring sounding so far.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 am

jep wrote:And the batteries as currently described on the dev page say they are only backups for the engines. A little boring sounding so far.

It says it adds extra reactor power, not engine power. Reactor is what powers all of your systems.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:43 am

Mr. Mister wrote:I'll have to tell slowy then, because I'm not kidding when I say that I have found no less than 4 stores each time, and once time there were seven. SEVEN NATURAL STORES. Bad if you need scrap.

I don't think they do now (can't really remember though), but you should think about adding goods trading to those liberated trade stations.

On AE: Well, I guess those Metallica guys will fare well with AI Avatars. You might want to consider making the latter immune to fire too and reduce their health even further.

Type C layouts though, now that's interesting, even if for the sole fact of more modded ships support. They will probably all start with AE stuff for showcase purposes, but I'm sure that with all the CE weapons and drones you'll be able to diversify them all even more.

Battery system though. I guess it's finally time for REDIRECT EMERGENCY POWER TO SHIELD DEFLECTORS, I DON'T CARE IF THEY EXPLODE AFTERWARDS!

He can't make them immune to fire - it's hardcoded into the ghost race. Didn't quite understand the last paragraph. :P