Postby RAD-82 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 am

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1 - Replaces Kestrel-A

Code: Select all

Initial Release:
-No version number

Update for AE.1:
-Updated for AE compatibility
-Removed starting teleporter and duplicate weapons; weapons can now appear in the game
-Increased starting oxygen level
-Rearranged some rooms, applied some color to some things
-Drone system can now be used; it was left out of initial release
-Renamed starting augments
-Fixed offset mistakes made by newbie modder :p

This was a bit impromptu, but when I googled Christmas Tree Clipart, I found a nice image with a transparent background ready for me to use.

It's a candy cane train... I mean, candy pain tree.

It's a tree, decorated for Christmas. It is topped with the Star of Destruction, which fires a devastating beam of light.

The tree has Candy Cane weapons, which can be used to bloat your enemies to death.

Many races have assembled together on this tree, to seek out the Rebels that are ruining Christmas for everyone.

Pre-AE update: I think this ship is OP, due to the starting conditions, but I don't care. I'm not the one playing it. :P
Post-AE update: I still think this ship is OP, even though I removed the teleporter and duplicate weapons. I think it is those candy cane weapons... :mrgreen:

Video:
BrenTenkage - Initial Release - Full run
Biohazard063 - vAE.1 with Faster Than Christmas (CE) - Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3
BrenTenkage - vAE.1 with Faster Than Christmas (CE) - Streamed Live
Rand118 - vAE.1 - Full run

Credits
The usual
Plus some free clipart site
and BrenTenkage for wanting a Christmas mod, although due to swearing, I can't really listen to those videos, and it is a bit boring with mute on. His video here is free from swearing. :)
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
BrenTenkage

Re: [Ship] Candy Pain Tree

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 am

Ok for you, I won't swear for the next video, I will make it child friendly.....for you ok ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 am

That was very generous of you with the no swearing, and quite fun to watch. Such a close one at the end. I was hoping the tree bark would've saved you. I blame the Zoltans for not bringing that fourth shield back online. :P

Now that you pointed it out, I probably should've increased the oxygen level at the start. I forgot trees do that. :oops:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:34 am

RAD-82 wrote:That was very generous of you with the no swearing, and quite fun to watch. Such a close one at the end. I was hoping the tree bark would've saved you. I blame the Zoltans for not bringing that fourth shield back online. :P

Now that you pointed it out, I probably should've increased the oxygen level at the start. I forgot trees do that. :oops:

No problem, and yeah that was a joke, heck if it was possible making the oxygen never run out LOL

But it was a fun trip and got me in a holiday mood, I'm glad you could enjoy my work, sorry that I swear a lot but its how I roll, but for Christmas Videos i suppose toning back on it helps
richeygator

Postby richeygator » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:36 am

No problem, and yeah that was a joke, heck if it was possible making the oxygen never run out LOL

actually you could make it a 0x0 (non targetable) room
ps:nice mod working on one with R4V3-0N myself
I dont have a god complex,you have a mortal complex
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:45 am

richeygator wrote:

ps:nice mod working on one with R4V3-0N myself

Sounds smart, I'm not a modder, and I can't wait to see what you and R4 can do, honestly, I like the idea of the mod makers working together to create something good for the public, not just for the let's players. If it wasn't for the modders the game wouldn't be as fun
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 am

richeygator wrote:

I heard about 0x0 rooms, how do they exactly work? I am interested in the idea.
My assumptions: they function normally, they will have a graphical bug when O2 runs out (maybe? happens on rooms to small (red strips pop off screen) or to big (doesn't cover whole room). can not be manned, no doors can connect to it. No boarders or fires or breaches. Correct?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
05eolsale

Postby 05eolsale » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:16 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
richeygator wrote:

I heard about 0x0 rooms, how do they exactly work? I am interested in the idea.
My assumptions: they function normally, they will have a graphical bug when O2 runs out (maybe? happens on rooms to small (red strips pop off screen) or to big (doesn't cover whole room). can not be manned, no doors can connect to it. No boarders or fires or breaches. Correct?

Actually sleeperservice have untargetable rooms in CE the shield system in Zoltan shield station you could maybe ask him how it works
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:20 am

Well not sure about that because I haven't encountered a single zoltan space station in that mod with a shield-....

Wait is it the rooms with the room icon in the weirdest place? like between 2 rooms? like 1 of the alternates for the rebel cruiser hull image with a (I think it was a) door system in the middle of 2 1x2 rooms? (2 x 2 with those 2x (1x2)'s)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.