Autoship Hell

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Terminus

Autoship Hell

Postby Terminus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:05 pm

http://puu.sh/4Xwvk.png

I ran into 7 autoships in a row, ran out of fuel, and dint have enough weapon power to possibly do any damage. Probably my worst ever run with a Boarding ship.
aaaaaa50

Re: Autoship Hell

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

With a level 2 teleporter (or rockmen) you can teleport your crew into an airless room and back before they die. If you had spent the scrap to get your hull laser working, you could have slowly worn down the ship's weapons and shields, then blown them up. As is, you could have still beaten that ship: Each time a system is completely put into the red by crew it damages the ship's hull by one point, and with an auto ship's auto repair you can eventually wear down the hull till it explodes. Doing that normally means sending a crew member to their death, but a boarding drone does the job just as well.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
drblacknife

Postby drblacknife » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:31 pm

This happens to me too many times when I want to be a pirate :cry:
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:49 pm

When I get a Teleporter, I want to get it to level 2 ASAP, so that boarding autoships is an option.
FTLChangeMahLife

Postby FTLChangeMahLife » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Damage the weapons with Mantis boarding crew 1-2 bars per teleport so he can't hurt you, heal your crew, and keep destroying his weapons as soon as he auto-repairs them for 1 hull damage a pop. With any luck, you can either trigger FTL charge or send in a boarding drone to do that last 1 hull damage.