Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
The Captain

Re: Funiest Things You've Ever Done in FTL

Postby The Captain » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Slugs hacked your power grid?! :shock: Those slimy bastards!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:21 pm

JonasTheRoman wrote:Edit: I just discovered, that I can´t even continue my game on yesterday´s position. Looked in the documents folder, no save there! Have to do everything again, I was already in sector 6! :cry:

Saves in this game (and most roguelikes that offer saves) get erased when you load them. Their ONLY purpose is to allow you to quit the game when real life takes you from your computer.

I know it hurts now, but all you lost was that run. FTL isn't a game about building up stats. The only in-game stuff you gain for playing is the unlockables and those will remain unlocked even if your game crashes. What you ARE leveling up - even without knowing it - is yourself. You're slightly better at playing now than you were when you started that run you currently think you'll never do again, and if you keep playing you'll be even better next time.

For most things, getting there is half the fun. In FTL, it IS the fun.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
JonasTheRoman

Postby JonasTheRoman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 pm

5thHorseman wrote:Saves in this game (and most roguelikes that offer saves) get erased when you load them. Their ONLY purpose is to allow you to quit the game when real life takes you from your computer.

I know it hurts now, but all you lost was that run. FTL isn't a game about building up stats. The only in-game stuff you gain for playing is the unlockables and those will remain unlocked even if your game crashes. What you ARE leveling up - even without knowing it - is yourself. You're slightly better at playing now than you were when you started that run you currently think you'll never do again, and if you keep playing you'll be even better next time.

For most things, getting there is half the fun. In FTL, it IS the fun.

Didn´t knew, that it gets erased.
I really like this roguelike style, even though I was skeptical in the beginning.
I have to agree with you, the way is the fun in FTL! :D
The only problem is, that my game wasn´t deleted because of my bad playstyle, it was because of a gamecrash (perhaps a mod caused this).
I´m making backups right now for my runs, but only for the case my game crashes again. I won´t use them, when my ship get´s destroyed. This way, I think it is the best, fun is still there, but I won´t be frustrated when my game crashes. If I lose, I know it was my own fault and that I can do it better next time.

People who don´t use mods (I use the mod with the Nasa backgrounds ;) ) don´t have to do this, I think, because FTL vanilla is very stable, is it?
At least I haven´t discovered a single crash, when I didn´t used mods.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Even with mods it's pretty stable, at least for me. I also use the Better Planets and Background (and the new one is SWEET) mod all the time, and play with a ship mod at least half the time, and the only time FTL has EVER crashed for me was when a mod I was making had a bug in it.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Terminus

Postby Terminus » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 am

I generally run 5 or 6 mods at a time and have never experienced a crash...

On-topic: One I mixed up my teleporter and Medbay and sent 2 Engis and a Rock into a mantis cruiser. Needless to say I restarted the game (that was all my high-leveled crew).
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:37 am

Terminus wrote:I generally run 5 or 6 mods at a time and have never experienced a crash...

On-topic: One I mixed up my teleporter and Medbay and sent 2 Engis and a Rock into a mantis cruiser. Needless to say I restarted the game (that was all my high-leveled crew).

Ouch! That reminds me of the time I sent 2 mantises into an autoscout, and then put 2 more in the teleporter. My idea was to pull the first 2 back and send them up to the medbay, and then when the teleporter warmed up send the other two down.

Needless to say I hit "t" instead of "r" and sent the two new guys instead of retrieving the two already there. Oops. Sorry guys.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

qweeeertye

Postby qweeeertye » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 am

Once i had every single cubic inch on fire and with their oxygen down, i let the ship die of suffocation
DiscordDraconequus

Postby DiscordDraconequus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:07 pm

The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:20 pm

DiscordDraconequus wrote:This:

URL because it doesn't all fit as an image.

:lol: How the hell did that happen?
DiscordDraconequus

Postby DiscordDraconequus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I picked up a bunch of Engi, so after a certain point I dismissed the starting two mantis and bought a bunch more at a store.

Then I did this.

And this.

And this.