[MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:31 pm

.... awesome.

Btw the reason I have 3 ion drones is the fact that once you get enemies in higher sectors with good evade and 2+ shields (not to mention the 5 shield monsters on normal...) it gets nearly impossible to use.

I was thinking of making the mini beams have a slower recharge or make it take 2 energy each.
Or remove the drone arm?

Anyway, I would love to see the look of that dive bomber.

I am kinda imagining something similar to the shape of the WWII german dive bomber "Stuka" mixed with a Japanese WWII prototype J7W1 Shinden. maybe with inverted wings as well. idk all I know is I'm hyped, again.

If only there was a way for more engine = faster projectile, because dive bombers typically use speed for more bomb speed and momentum to penetrate ships and tanks etc.

Anyway, thanks again for a spoiler, here is my next ship after I do the update for my current mod.
http://i.imgur.com/ZCEF1Se.png the Federation Fighter Scout "Road Runner"
it's the sister ship to the Light Artillery I did, the projects ran along beside each other and ideas where switched and taken from the other to improve on it's flaws, hence some resemblance.

The A comes with the big engine and stealth, the stealth is in the big engine and In this mod stealth is actually an 'over charge' for the engine, increasing evade by 60% and thrust, it activates the large engine, it moves to fast for targeting systems to lock on, but it is only for a limited time.
The B is a troop transport.

I am saying this because the concept between these 2 mods are quite similar, Experimental Warfare.
we exchange ideas, we improve, we create, we think, outside the box.

Okay I will keep my semi off topic stuff out of this thread.

For now I will admire your weapons and ships.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Well, a Shinden-like ship would look kinda weird... I think making it look like a space Pe-3bis would work out, or as you said, a J-87 would fit well too :roll:.

I really like the looks of the new ship :), looks very intimidating and by just looking at it, I can tell you that it would be a perfect spying ship, having stealth and be able to evade shots.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Well I will do the Invert Shinden + Stuka Ju 87 mix slice, what I have in mind would be different then what you think'ed up.

A Pe-3bis? you do know bis only means upgraded engine and sometimes electronics, no need to add bis in this situation due to the fact that it's only the shape that we're thinking of,

Lets make a Pe-2 (same damn thing as the 3) and a Ju-88 make an unholy offspring.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually, the Pe-3bis featured more firepower with the installment of two 12.7mm Berezin MGs and a 20 mm cannon. :geek:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Pe 2 was faster and a bomb payload that is, more or less max double of the Pe 3 :ugeek:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 am

But heavy payload means reduced mobility, too and been able to react fast is essential for an airplane. Anyway, enough of this, I'm about to complete a ship right now, I'll upload it after I'm done with my work. :)
joebob1337

Re: FTL : Experimental Warfare coming soon.

Postby joebob1337 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:57 am

BrenTenkage wrote:ok I'm interested LOL

when i'm fineshed with my mod can you play it? ;)
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Let's start some modding! Woo! :D
ajm978

Postby ajm978 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:09 am

These Hulls look amazing! Can't wait for this to come out!
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:52 am

The hulls look absolutely amazing.