[MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL : Experimental Warfare

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:34 am

dalolorn wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Sad... seems like all the promising mods are always abandoned. :cry:

Except Captain's Edition, but that seems more like an expansion and less like a total conversion.

Incursion is supposedly being worked on, but given the rate at which Kieve's been posting about it, it's not only far from completion, but also being worked on at a snail's pace.

As for my own mod, it seems to have been swept under the rug both by the author and the community. :|

Yea, I love Captains Edition so far and know about Incursion, I may be new as a user but I've been reading the forums for some time now and watching youtube videos, I know about guys like DryEagle and old modders,
It's sad they stopped modding.

I am trying to learn how to mod, so far I got 1 finished recolored vanilla ship to a good standard but it uses 2 1x1 rooms sadly, I want to learn how to make my own weapons and stuff.

Anywho, I really hope this mod gains some speed, I really like the concept.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:44 am

Keep working on it. All modders start small. :) My first mod was an alternate sound for the alert siren. Harldy an earthshattering mod ;)

Check out Kieve's Obsidian Cruiser modfiles, read the http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Ships guide, and have fun trying to mod the game.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Cheers Mantis, I actually attempted looking into mod files before (FotF, Incursor, and the Captains Edition) but I have some issues locating the location In the files for it, that or I do not know what I am looking for, I did some earlier youtub'ing and It involves skills I do not have.

But ships on the other hand, I am getting good pretty fast with Superluminal ship editor and such, just got an issue on 1 ship where it's to low, besides that I'm going good on my 3 serious ships designs (1 splicing, 1 recolour, 1 enemy turned to player).

1 question if I may? is it possible to make that power surge drone swarm (or the heavy laser spam on the other stage) usable on a player ship from using the vanilla files? I assume that will be a no like the multi artillery for the boss as well but it's worth to ask.

I considered sending this via PM (well the off topic part to FTL: Experimental Warfare) but I need more posts It seems till I can PM. :roll: Sorry.

Edit: I keep looking up more and more pages and threads and sites for weapon modding... more and more confusing it looks, It's mainly about codding and file types I never even heard/ interacted before with, I'll most likely unable to create a new weapon, I can't find anything on google or forums about new augments, etc. So my ships will be to similar to vanilla (especially since some are recolours or just playable enemies) :(

Edit 2: I re-watched Vanguard of Valors mod video and I got more idea into weapon modding but my current problem is I do not know how the images / animations work.
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 pm

No, you can't do so.
The Federation

Postby The Federation » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:25 pm

Get that mod out there! I want to see some POWERFUL ships! :D
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello everyone! This year I'm finishing my studies and then I'll return to this mod! :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:10 am

Good news!

1 question?

A) Southern Hemisphere 'school' year
B) Northern Hemisphere 'school' year
C) Normal Year.

the difference is roughly 50% further or shorter then the other. (I just want to confirm, some countries have there uni or colledge what have you the same as school year. some got the year starting in the middle of the normal year, etc)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 am

Hint: I live in Europe.

But I will also start painting and generally add more to the artwork this winter.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:22 am

Really? didn't know Hell was located in Europe.

to prevent confussion, that's his location givin on forum, "IN HELL!!!"

You keep mentioning the third ship in this thread earlier but I only see 2 ships, what happened to lucky number 3? =P
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:27 am

Actually, at first I posted 4 ships the fifth one looked a bit odd, so I removed it.