Possibility of MP or MMO

General discussion about the game.
Kureno

Possibility of MP or MMO

Postby Kureno » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:28 am

Almost two year's back I tried a early beta MMO for android called The Infinite Black by Whalesong Games.

I played the game for about a week since it was almost no interacting required for the player other than selecting where to FTL jump and click on what enemy to attack and simply wait on your ship auto attack it slowly like hell to death.

Now I just bought FTL: Faster Than Light three days ago and there is some similar elements in the travel system but much more actual gameplay. (compared to The infinite black where you barely see you own ship since it's covered by a map and enemies are just a little icon in the top right corner)

To the point!

Would it be possible to make FTL MMO or MP? I really liked the Whalesong's idea about a space ship MMO but the game is simply boring as hell as there is barely any real gameplay while the gameplay in FTL is really addicting.

Oh and for those who wonder what the infinite black is for some kind of game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5r24tYCLs

Sorry for any grammar or spelling error, English is not my native language =P
Terminus

Re: Possibility of MP or MMO

Postby Terminus » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:54 am

Well I don't know about an MMO, but I'd love some 1v1 support, at least for Steam. I'd LOVE to take on my freinds with my Dynalium ship or my Mantis B!
orlhando

Re: Possibility of MP or MMO

Postby orlhando » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 pm

hey! I've got about two weeks playing the game and had the same idea.

Having some kind of persistent world with instanced events would be really nice. I know there are some of this kind already, but even in that case it wouldn't hurt to have some more.