Minimum Energy Requirement for Combat

General discussion about the game.
Xalos

Minimum Energy Requirement for Combat

Postby Xalos » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm making a group of Hardcore saves for each ship, and I'm wondering what the minimum energy requirement for successful combat in Sector One would be. Currently each ship has two units of power, but that's not enough - I can't have a good dodge and I can't power both shields and weapons unless I use a Zoltan ship.

Assume that Oxygen will be unpowered during combat. What do you guys think the minimum would be?
5thHorseman

Re: Minimum Energy Requirement for Combat

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 pm

I don't know. It depends on how hardcore you want it. As you said, 2 power isn't enough but WHY isn't it enough? Because you need shields? Then give them 4 power, and let them decide if they want shields or dodge.

Also each ship is different. I could see giving the Kestrel a shot with 4 power (though it'd be HARD). The DA-SR12 would be impossible with that little.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
zeek

Postby zeek » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:51 pm

You could do pretty well with 2 power on The Nesasio. Heck you could probably win most sector 1 battles with 1 power. The dual laser is sick.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Ultimate challenge: Zero power, one zoltan. :twisted:
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Xalos

Postby Xalos » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:49 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:Ultimate challenge: Zero power, one zoltan. :twisted:

Result: You can't leave the first beacon. :P
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:56 am

Lol, that shots aaaaaa50 down. Maybe if the ship came with an autopillok installed... :D
No wait, you still can't jump. Right?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Lol, that shots aaaaaa50 down. Maybe if the ship came with an autopillok installed... :D
No wait, you still can't jump. Right?

Autoship. If you loose your zoltan to giant alien spiders, you don't even loose the game, you just sit there in shame.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
XionGaTaosenai

Postby XionGaTaosenai » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I just realized: since the giant spiders event is a flat 50/50 chance of failure, you are capable of cornering and beating the spiders even if you're using the vortex and have one Engi as your whole crew (though realistically you'd just use the Anti-Personnel Drone blue option instead). Even more, your odds are the same of beating the spiders with a crew of one Engi as they are with a crew of 8 mantis.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:40 pm

XionGaTaosenai wrote:I just realized: since the giant spiders event is a flat 50/50 chance of failure, you are capable of cornering and beating the spiders even if you're using the vortex and have one Engi as your whole crew (though realistically you'd just use the Anti-Personnel Drone blue option instead). Even more, your odds are the same of beating the spiders with a crew of one Engi as they are with a crew of 8 mantis.

Yeah that's the entire reason for the "Better Spiders" mod that I learned modding to make, that I then abandoned making because making ships is 10x more fun than fiddling with events.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
XionGaTaosenai

Postby XionGaTaosenai » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 pm

It'd just be as simple as slapping on a blue event for having a mantis in your crew, I would think. Mantis needs more blues anyway - I think they currently have two, and one of them doesn't even do anything.