What do <bp> and <sp> mean in weapon blueprints?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Xalos

What do <bp> and <sp> mean in weapon blueprints?

Postby Xalos » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:45 am

I tried searching but couldn't get around the fact that "bp" and "sp" are both too short to be used as keywords.

I know what everything else does but these two have me stumped. Does anyone here know what they do?

EDIT: Nevermind, I failed a spot check. I would lock the thread but that doesn't seem to be a thing that I can do. Is deleting the OP the equivalent here?
UltraMantis

Re: What do <bp> and <sp> mean in weapon blueprints?

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:33 am

Posting an answer would be better because the topic will then come up in search results. Anywho, <sp> is shield piercing and <bp> seems to be a deprecated tag.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 am

UltraMantis wrote:<bp> seems to be a deprecated tag.

<bp> has been confirmed by Matthew to be a deprecated tag, back from when they planned to include ship customization.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:01 pm

I thought so but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Limoster

Postby Limoster » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:53 pm

I was making a ship for a mod and when I was editing the weapons I made a Missile type weapon and then I inserted in the description "A powerful missile that does 3 damage but it can't penetrate any shields." But then I was thinking "How I'm going to make a weapon without shield piercing?" I looked at the code and then I saw <sp>. What is that? I don't know but then I said Shield Piercing again and again. :!: <sp>= Shield Piercing!
I wasn't sure so I checked all the code from all the weapons and it was true because beams do not penetrate shields and they all had <sp>=0 but then all the missiles had <sp>=5 . The value 0 means cannot pierce any shield but value 5 means it can pierce all the shields. For example: 3 is only able to pierce 3 shields.

SP = Shield Piercing
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:47 pm

okay?... thank you for confirming the confirmed... Happy holidays?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Limoster

Postby Limoster » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:05 am

Happy Holidays everyone!
Giscard

Postby Giscard » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 am

kartoFlane wrote:
UltraMantis wrote:<bp> seems to be a deprecated tag.

<bp> has been confirmed by Matthew to be a deprecated tag, back from when they planned to include ship customization.

Then why do weapons still have bp? And why do weapon made by other people like in CE still use bp? I thought that bp could possibly be the time between each shot of a weapon, but I never tested it and I don't even know if that is editable.
If u want a mod from me email me.
They are not compatible with
AE btw
They are:
Maxed out your face! (This is a mod when all the starting ships are maxed, but so are the enemy ships!)
I also have a few extra ship layouts if you want!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:57 am

Most modders just copy existing weapon blueprints and modify them to suit their plans. I generally leave everything intact that does not matter or I don't understand, just to make sure that I don't produce another hard to trace bug. So I left BP in anyways, as it does not seem to do anything but also does not cause harm.
Giscard

Postby Giscard » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:47 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Most modders just copy existing weapon blueprints and modify them to suit their plans. I generally leave everything intact that does not matter or I don't understand, just to make sure that I don't produce another hard to trace bug. So I left BP in anyways, as it does not seem to do anything but also does not cause harm.

Yeah that's what I do when making weapons and stuff from your files lol. @Sleeper Service I would like to share u the weapons I have made, so plez PM me if u want them. They are pretty cool
If u want a mod from me email me.
They are not compatible with
AE btw
They are:
Maxed out your face! (This is a mod when all the starting ships are maxed, but so are the enemy ships!)
I also have a few extra ship layouts if you want!